Fikayo Tomori

Captain Ahmed

1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

He had his games where he constantly gifted the opponent with a clear cut chance but boy, Tomori is still the best of the trip him, Zouma and Christensen. Tomori gets benched while other suspects remain. Not good.

Since people were banging on about meritocracy, wasn't it fair that Lampard dropped Tomori for his shaky performances? :carlo: 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Since people were banging on about meritocracy, wasn't it fair that Lampard dropped Tomori for his shaky performances? :carlo: 

Yes people forget that as soon as the other does bad. 

They forget the bad performance this player had. 

That would make sense only if his partner was playing better than he was and it's obvious that was never the case with mug Zouma making errors each match.

Shaky indeed, giving an opponent a clear cut chance in a game. But still physically, mentally and technically ahead of Christensen. Time to swap again.

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yes people forget that as soon as the other does bad. 

They forget the bad performance this player had. 

2 minutes ago, Nicco said:

That would make sense only if his partner was playing better than he was and it's obvious that was never the case with mug Zouma making errors each match.

People liked the idea when Lampard preached it and although I can see why, I feel the meritocracy is a bit of a far-fetched idea (if that's the right word). If you're gonna start dropping players after a bad game or two, then there's no chance the team will build any sort of consistency, understanding etc. At some point, you gotta trust the players to be self critical and improve in next game. Imagine if Lampard, Drogba, Terry etc were dropped in the past after a bad game! Not saying any player in particular here, just making a general point.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

People liked the idea when Lampard preached it and although I can see why, I feel the meritocracy is a bit of a far-fetched idea (if that's the right word). If you're gonna start dropping players after a bad game or two, then there's no chance the team will build any sort of consistency, understanding etc. At some point, you gotta trust the players to be self critical and improve in next game. Imagine if Lampard, Drogba, Terry etc were dropped in the past after a bad game! Not saying any player in particular here, just making a general point.

I don't think the point of meritocracy is 1 game or even 2, games. It's a bunch of games. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

But people wondered why Tomori was dropped for Zouma/Christensen... 

Because zouma was our most solid defended. If even half of tomori's mistakes converted into goals, we would be in a massive whole.

Obviously he is young and will make mistakes. And lamps did give him the time. It was after a lot of mistakes and a couple of poor performances that he was benched. Rightly so. Now that AC has got his chance and fucked up, u hope he will be the 4th choice from now onwards.

4 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Because zouma was our most solid defended. If even half of tomori's mistakes converted into goals, we would be in a massive whole.

Obviously he is young and will make mistakes. And lamps did give him the time. It was after a lot of mistakes and a couple of poor performances that he was benched. Rightly so. Now that AC has got his chance and fucked up, u hope he will be the 4th choice from now onwards.

giphy.gif

You're obsessed with Zouma and Willian.

1 minute ago, Nicco said:

giphy.gif

You're obsessed with Zouma and Willian.

Lol. You think half our squad is "not good enough' and chat nonsense most of the time. Atleast if I am obsessed, its in a good way. Instead of continuously spreading negativity.

And yes, out of the 3 CBS that have played, zouma has been the most solid. 

6 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Lol. You think half our squad is "not good enough' and chat nonsense most of the time. Atleast if I am obsessed, its in a good way. Instead of continuously spreading negativity.

And yes, out of the 3 CBS that have played, zouma has been the most solid. 

You've been nothing but arguing and laughing at everyone who doesn't wank over those absolute average at best players you keep trying to delude yourself are Chelsea level starters. Tomori has easily been our best CB and a Messi like run from Zouma with a shot in stratosphere won't change that. Sorry mate.

4 minutes ago, Nicco said:

You've been nothing but arguing and laughing at everyone who doesn't wank over those absolute average at best players you keep trying to delude yourself are Chelsea level starters. Tomori has easily been our best CB and a Messi like run from Zouma with a shot in stratosphere won't change that. Sorry mate.

Sure mate sure. No one is good enough. Sell them all 😂. Lamps out. Sell the club too. 😂

Ridiculous. 

Tomori has been good. As good as a young player playing his 1st season can be. But the number of mistakes he has made, he can't be considered as the best. And that is not because of a run or not. It's based on the performances both have put. 

But don't worry, continue with the sell them all agenda. 😂

On 07/12/2019 at 6:00 PM, 1905didierblue said:

Tomori has been good. As good as a young player playing his 1st season can be. But the number of mistakes he has made, he can't be considered as the best. 

But you consider Zouma being best and he was at fault for at least 10 goals we conceded this season? :dunno: 

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

But you consider Zouma being best and he was at fault for at least 10 goals we conceded this season? :dunno: 

Please enlighten me about those 10 goals. Please do. I would also like to know what you entail as a mistake because when I am talking about tomori's those are personal mistakes. Not like the one where your keeper sells you short to be fucked by the striker. But go on, tell me those 10 goals.

7 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Please enlighten me about those 10 goals. Please do. I would also like to know what you entail as a mistake because when I am talking about tomori's those are personal mistakes. Not like the one where your keeper sells you short to be fucked by the striker. But go on, tell me those 10 goals.

I remember Tomori's mistakes but probably none lead to opposition goals. So it's like never happened. Zouma? Lol where to start? Penalty on Rashford in the first round, where was he for the last Utd goal? Should do better positioning for the Leicester goal but it's only half his mistake to be honest. Own goal against Sheffield costed us two points, also should do better for the first goal. Goal in Southampton again on him mostly. Norwich second goal. KDB goal unlucky deflection from him but still... Everton second goal is all on him and he shares the blame for two others. There you go and on top of that he's the worst central back on the ball I have ever seen! We conceded some goals because of Luiz but at least he was great in that area. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I remember Tomori's mistakes but probably none lead to opposition goals. So it's like never happened. Zouma? Lol where to start? Penalty on Rashford in the first round, where was he for the last Utd goal? Should do better positioning for the Leicester goal but it's only half his mistake to be honest. Own goal against Sheffield costed us two points, also should do better for the first goal. Goal in Southampton again on him mostly. Norwich second goal. KDB goal unlucky deflection from him but still... Everton second goal is all on him and he shares the blame for two others. There you go and on top of that he's the worst central back on the ball I have ever seen! We conceded some goals because of Luiz but at least he was great in that area. 

Own goal was his "mistake". We differ in the understanding of the term mistake? 

If the kdb goal  is counted as a "mistake" then JT made 10 mistake a season too with deflections and what nots, cause that is what happens when you put your body on the line.

Most of the goals you have counted can hardly be called "mistakes". Definitely not personal mistakes. Collective mistakes. 

Soton goal was a mistake? That left back goes past 5 of our players but it's a zouma mistake? Like.seriously? That too from a fucking throw in if I remember correctly. Not having it mate. Not one bit. A striker stealing ahead of a defender happens, bread and butter. But you don't let a player dribble past players (3/4) from throw and let him out a cross in.

Out of the top of your head you have given a list of goals in which I can find 2/3 more players that can be blamed in each of those goals. Maybe a world class defender like VVD would have done better but I don't think anyone is calling zouma that. But saying things like he has made mistakes and cost us 10 goals is an OTT statement to say the least. 

And yes, we were lucky that tomori's mistakes did not cost us but that does not mean they did not happen. The important thing is to learn from those mistakes which it felt he was not as those same mistakes kept happening. Of course he is a young kid, and like I said, he will make those mistakes, and I won't hold it up against him.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

There you go and on top of that he's the worst central back on the ball I have ever seen!

I don't know, to me it looks like Zouma has improved quite considerably at that throughout the season. At the beginning of the season he was clearly instructed to play it short and safe, but yesterday his long diagonals made me think it was Rüdiger giving them. Has also become more adventurous and confident with his passing... This version of Zouma is far from the worst on the ball I have seen (partly because I follow Estonian NT :D ) 

I incline to agree with Didierblue here, out of those three, purely from defensive standpoint, I would pick Zouma ahead of them. There is a reason why he's been constantly picked by Lampard and others rotated.