Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

What do we think of Tammy in a potential Sarri system? He is a great poacher and someone like Higuain thrived playing with Sarri. He has shown decent ball skills while playing with England/Swans

Hypothetically if we do indeed sell Michy and Move on from Morata, whoever we bring in will be Prime Striker (Icardi/Lewa/Higuain) We will have Giroud as #2...I would love to see Tammy as our #3, play in EL and league cup. Some substitute appearances in the PL. Lots of games to go around...Just a thought.

5 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

What do we think of Tammy in a potential Sarri system? He is a great poacher and someone like Higuain thrived playing with Sarri. He has shown decent ball skills while playing with England/Swans

Hypothetically if we do indeed sell Michy and Move on from Morata, whoever we bring in will be Prime Striker (Icardi/Lewa/Higuain) We will have Giroud as #2...I would love to see Tammy as our #3, play in EL and league cup. Some substitute appearances in the PL. Lots of games to go around...Just a thought.

I would say another PL loan. Tammy is increasingly striking me as the type that will come into his own in his mid 20's.

• 2 months later...

What do people think on him? I’ve got to say, I rate him. Although on the face of it/at short glance his Swansea loan looked poor, they were just a terrible team, and he was still amongst their top scorers. I think most young strikers/any strikers of playstyle like Abraham wouldn’t do any better with Swansea. I think he’s a player who really works hard on pitch and also on his weaknesses. 

Really developed his all round game since Bristol (imo) utilising his height and deceptive strength to become more of a ‘target man’ type player. At his best he’s brilliant  and honestly underrated in his back to wall play and occupying CBs. There was a game last season against Tottenham where Vertonghen and Alderwiereld really struggled to deal with him any time they pumped a ball up field. He’s extremely tall, he’s developing this Giroud like ability/trait of controlling /trapping aerial balls with back to CB, but unlike Giroud and most other target men he also has a bit of pace, eg. he can actually chase through balls. As we’ve seen at Swansea and Bristol he also has traits similar to Batshuayi in the box, an opportunistic goalscorer as I like to call them (or just a poacher if you’re not weird like me). Finally I also like him because he works hard (and indeed one of the reasons Bristol City fans found him so endearing). He can press from the front or chase back. 

Tammy’s at a bit of a crossroads. We already have 3 senior strikers, we don’t need a 4th. I’d be happy for him to be the target man in our squad but Giroud is already there. In that case, the obvious thing is to loan Tammy out for a year and he replaces out of contract Giroud next summer, right? My gripe with this is that after his loan at Swansea he’s not exactly hot commodity rn. The gold standard would be for him to go to a top 5 league and smash it but which club would opt for him based on last season? Maybe a top Dutch side could be an option. The risk is he just has another loan like Swansea in and out of a poor team imo. We need to take it upon ourselves to develop him (a bit like Kane after his dead loans with Tottenham). 

I think the club are genuinely considering this otherwise he wouldn’t still be with the squad. If he replaced Giroud he would also help are heavily stocked over 21 no homegrown spots. This pre season although no goals I think he’s quietly done well, showcasing all the qualities I talked about before..I think he’d be a fine option for any squad someone just needs to give him that chance.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, akgw13 said:

Massive faith has been put in Tammy this year, lets hope he produces and shows he belongs! 

He still can go out on loan. The cub imo just want to make sure it is the right one for him as wherever he goes he needs to be playing regularly.

10 minutes ago, Stats said:

He still can go out on loan. The cub imo just want to make sure it is the right one for him as wherever he goes he needs to be playing regularly.

I'm pretty sure he won't be loaned out.. 2 striker is not enough, especially with Europa League.

12 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I'm pretty sure he won't be loaned out.. 2 striker is not enough, especially with Europa League.

Yes, you have a point, however Hazard can also play as false no.9 and I would not be surprised to see Sarri use him in that position later on in the season. CHO can also lay there as a last resort. Maybe Abraham will stay but would not be surprised to see him go out on loan at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, the wes said:

Tottenham had deadline-day bid rejected for Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham- Goal

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/tottenham-had-deadline-day-bid-rejected-for-chelseas-tammy-abraham-goal/

According to that linked we rejected £25m 

Thats surprised me 1. The amount and 2. Granny turned it down!

A shame he didn't do better pre season. Dont thimk he over impressed the boss. But I dont see why he couldm't get the odd 10/20 mins (along with CHO and Ampadu)

9 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Thats surprised me 1. The amount and 2. Granny turned it down!

A shame he didn't do better pre season. Dont thimk he over impressed the boss. But I dont see why he couldm't get the odd 10/20 mins (along with CHO and Ampadu)

This season with the Europa league , other cup , fa cup ,1st few rounds, its a perfect platform season for the young 1's to learn and impress and if they do good enough to be knocking on the 1st team door, Abraham,Ampadu,Odoi,Ruben,there will be alot of minutes to share around the whole squad as the season goes by.

Just now, mccg said:

This season with the Europa league , other cup , fa cup ,1st few rounds, its a perfect platform season for the young 1's to learn and impress and if they do good enough to be knocking on the 1st team door, Abraham,Ampadu,Odoi,Ruben,

Agree but it saddens and infuriates me that when they do get the perfect opportunity in preseason they dont fully grasp it. Tho I thought CHO handled his end perfectly. Also thought Ampadu held his own.

But lads like Tammy,RLC dont seem able to stand up and make that final step for some reason and Its not like RLC hasn't been given some chances. But its 3 managers now thats not seen enough in him to give him the trust.

Where Barkleys kept his head down, gone into training to recover from his injury and saw the chance to make a fresh start this season. And if not for Mat K (Who I totally think should be our starter) Ive no qualms about Barkley playing as 3rd MF guy.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Agree but it saddens and infuriates me that when they do get the perfect opportunity in preseason they dont fully grasp it. Tho I thought CHO handled his end perfectly. Also thought Ampadu held his own.

But lads like Tammy,RLC dont seem able to stand up and make that final step for some reason and Its not like RLC hasn't been given some chances. But its 3 managers now thats not seen enough in him to give him the trust.

Where Barkleys kept his head down, gone into training to recover from his injury and saw the chance to make a fresh start this season. And if not for Mat K (Who I totally think should be our starter) Ive no qualms about Barkley playing as 3rd MF guy.

Yeah think Ampadu,Odoi,passed the pre-season test and vindicated not to chuck them out on loan ,Ruben i'd say might  be behind in fitness(afew weeks time our sched will b busy so will needto rotate the midfield esp)?! Think with only Morata-Giroud,Tammy will have enough minutes to show he is ready for a slot in the team if not ship him out January and bring in some other dude .

3 hours ago, mccg said:

Yeah think Ampadu,Odoi,passed the pre-season test and vindicated not to chuck them out on loan ,Ruben i'd say might  be behind in fitness(afew weeks time our sched will b busy so will needto rotate the midfield esp)?! Think with only Morata-Giroud,Tammy will have enough minutes to show he is ready for a slot in the team if not ship him out January and bring in some other dude .

Thing is that theres not many good strikers about available.