test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

loaned out Tammy Abraham

Started by Captain Ahmed,

212 posts in this topic

Does he have the makings of a top player or is he another Bamford? I haven't really kept up with youth football since the McEchran era.

I know he has an insane goalscoring record at youth level but what about his technique, movement, pace, vision, passing, hold up play etc

Dunno mate, but 3 goals in 3 games is a great start. It will be good to see how he develops. I think staying in England has helped as he's used to the style of the game here in England. Bamford is a strange one, I always thought he would do well, but then he was loaned around and never really imposed himself at any club. Last season loan was a mistake as Palace never needed strikers, whereas Tammy is getting chances because Bristol are short on forwards. Good loan. 

Gilvorak likes this

Wow, wow, wow. All his goals have been winning goals, a 95th minute winner with the icing on the cake!! 

I mean he'll probably follow Borini, Sturridge, Feruz, Solanke, Traore etc towards the loanee abyss of the club. At least he's being allowed his success now, it'll feel much better when we begin wasting his time :lol: 

Gilvorak likes this

5 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Does he have the makings of a top player or is he another Bamford? I haven't really kept up with youth football since the McEchran era.

I know he has an insane goalscoring record at youth level but what about his technique, movement, pace, vision, passing, hold up play etc

Technique a huge question mark.

Power a big strength.

Pace not a killer weapon but something definitely to be reckoned with.by opposing defence.

Hold up play, enormously and, to me at least, surprisingly improved last season.

Gilvorak and Blue Colored Sky like this

55 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Hold up play, enormously and, to me at least, surprisingly improved last season.

Actually, I think I may have misrepresented this a bit. Before last season, there was a lot of competition at centre forward so Tammy tended to play wide right much of the time. Last season after Dom went out on loan, Tammy became first choice CF. It might be the case that he has not so much improved his hold up play, as that he simply had more opportunities to show us what he can do. Either way, he's better at it than I expected he'd be.

Gilvorak likes this

6 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Actually, I think I may have misrepresented this a bit. Before last season, there was a lot of competition at centre forward so Tammy tended to play wide right much of the time. Last season after Dom went out on loan, Tammy became first choice CF. It might be the case that he has not so much improved his hold up play, as that he simply had more opportunities to show us what he can do. Either way, he's better at it than I expected he'd be.

Yeah not bad for a 18 year old, can only improve in every aspect and well in front of others in respect of potential for his position imho.

Gilvorak likes this

This kid is lighting up the championship Bristol city gamble on Abraham has paid off big time this kid is a goal machine fingers crossed he can transfer his goals in the PL in some part of his young career :D