Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

56 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

And this is based on what exactly? Him being the PL top scorer? Or one average showing in CL. Want to look at the club legend DD's performance against Barca in 08/09 semis and how many clear cut chances he missed. 

What Tammy "missed" today were 50-50 Chances. He was a nuisance to the ajax CBs who by the way both were red carded. 

Dont use emotion, Tammy misses too many chances compared to ones he scores. Imagine Diego Costa in this system for example. He would score 50 goals. Tammy is treading the Morata line, only difference being he doesnt sulk and dive around.  

1 minute ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Dont use emotion, Tammy misses too many chances compared to ones he scores. Imagine Diego Costa in this system for example. He would score 50 goals. Tammy is treading the Morata line, only difference being he doesnt sulk and dive around.  

NiftyMindlessGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

3 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Costa wasn't as clinical as made out bar isolated spells.

Under Hiddink especially he was often missing very good chances.

21 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Why should I give vids? I am not the one making exaggerated and OTT comments.

He had a poor game, but no doubt a lot of strikers have them. 

Saying that he is "not good enough" has got to be the stupidest thing I have heard, given how many goals he has scored. 

Also, just because he has height advantage does not mean all of his headers should be counted as free. Out of the top of my head I remember 3 of his headers in the 2nd half. The just one, the cross was behind him, he had to come back, could not generate enougb power. The 2nd one, low and ahead of the goal, got ahead of the defender but could not guide the ball on the angle. The 3rd one similar too.

Just because he is tall and lanky, does not mean, does not mean he is of the crouch mode. We have already seen how good he is with his feet. If not please refer to his goal and assist against Watford on Saturday.

True. Tammy cost us. Conceding 4 goals did not, alonso did not, to a certain extent kepa and azpi did not, but Tammy and his "free headers" did. God!!!!

And even if he actually had costed us today, he shown to be "good enough" on various other occasions and put in various other performances to nullify it. He is 22, it's was always going to be a learning curve. But to say that a player who has scored 9 goals in 11 PL games is "not good enough" is just ridiculous. 

Yes, that is exactly who you are. 

I did not say he is not good enough because of today. But he was poor adn yes he cost us. With an own goal that showcased his poor coordination as well as a plethora of missed chances. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

NiftyMindlessGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

He will improve no doubt, but his misses are becoming more and more costly. In all the big games we have lost/drawn this season he has wasted very good chances to either help us take the lead or get back into the game. I would like to see his goals to chances conversion rate. 

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Costa wasn't as clinical as made out bar isolated spells.

Under Hiddink especially he was often missing very good chances.

My point still stands, he misses too many easy chances, its one thing scoring against the brightons of the world, but top class 9s do it all round,  when we need it most. He is arguably the opposite of Drogba at the moment. Didier had a good scoring record in big games when we needed him most but mediocre against smaller sides when he didnt really care. 

4 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

He will improve no doubt, but his misses are becoming more and more costly. In all the big games we have lost/drawn this season he has wasted very good chances to either help us take the lead or get back into the game. I would like to see his goals to chances conversion rate. 

Just now, Vybz Kartel said:

My point still stands, he misses too many easy chances, its one thing scoring against the brightons of the world, but top class 9s do it all round,  when we need it most. He is arguably the opposite of Drogba at the moment. Didier had a good scoring record in big games when we needed him most but mediocre against smaller sides when he didnt really care. 

Yup, he has the lukaku/aubameyang disease. The bigger the occasion, the more pressure the more likely he is to miss. This does not make him a bad striker. but the absolute great ones like Agüero, Ronaldo, Eto'o actually have a better conversion rate in big fixtures because they are able to raise the intensity even more. As I said in the beginning. the number of goals will not be a concern for Tammy in the end. But is he the striker to win us big titles?

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

That's why we need a top striker. 

Tammy can be good for back up. 

LOL. He missed chances but was actually key in us getting back into game. Was the reason Blind got a second yellow. Assisted Azpi and while I agree, his finishing could have been better, he caused problems.

Where were you when he assisted and scored on Saturday? 

44 minutes ago, Stats said:

LOL. He missed chances but was actually key in us getting back into game. Was the reason Blind got a second yellow. Assisted Azpi and while I agree, his finishing could have been better, he caused problems.

Where were you when he assisted and scored on Saturday? 

Even before I been saying we need a top striker. 

It's not after one game, I'm not convinced overall that he is the striker to be leading in the next few years. 

Once we get a top striker, Tammy will be good as a secondary striker. 

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Even before I been saying we need a top striker. 

It's not after one game, I'm not convinced overall that he is the striker to be leading in the next few years. 

Once we get a top striker, Tammy will be good as a secondary striker. 

Of course he is not going to be consistent every game. He has just turned 22. We all know we are in a transition phase and I like the route we are going. With Lamps in charge, he will only be dropped if his form tails off dramatically. I don't see why you think in a few years he won't be good enough to lead. He is already up there at top of scoring charts at his young age. He is improving and has a lot to his game. Patience Fernando, patience.

5 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Hahahahahha. Sure.

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yes, that is exactly who you are. 

I did not say he is not good enough because of today. But he was poor adn yes he cost us. With an own goal that showcased his poor coordination as well as a plethora of missed chances. 

😂😂😂😂

Sure. Sure.

2 hours ago, Nicco said:

If Giroud started today we would've won 6-4 or so. Tammy isn't and will never be good enough to lead the line, another striker is surely coming in the summer.

Obviously. I would say we would have won 10 - 4. Because giroud is known for his clinicality and goals. 😂😂

18 hours ago, Fernando said:

That's why we need a top striker. 

Tammy can be good for back up. 

The dude is 22 years old and until months ago was playing in Championship. His season is pretty impressive if you ask me, and while he still not a "top striker" he looks on the right path to become one. We are not winning anything this season anyway, so my man Abraham must keep playing game after game.

The dude is 22 years old and until months ago was playing in Championship. His season is pretty impressive if you ask me, and while he still not a "top striker" he looks on the right path to become one. We are not winning anything this season anyway, so my man Abraham must keep playing game after game.
We have three strikers for a reason. Rotation never harmed anyone