Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

Important thing for him is to not be contempt. Scored a brace + the winner, don't settle. Continue to work and build on your performances to always be better than the previous game. 

Happy for him. Class goals. Didn't score anything like that in the Championship so I was genuinely surprised to see this side of his game. 

17 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

To say even before this game he's a Championship level player at best is ridiculous because he scored 26x2 in his two seasons there. Obviously he's to good for that level. I think he will win the fight this season to be one of our two strikers next season. 

But let´s be honest, most Chelsea fans always see the negative and some are very hypocritical. Tammy misses a long distance shot twenty metres away from goal and people think he is not good enough. But take into account that he only played 20 minutes, it was his only chance, his hold up play and his passing were brilliant against Leicester and that he made good runs. It that was Giroud or Michy, people would be praising that kind of performances, Ronaldo needs seven shots at target before he scores, Messi needs six shots, but when Tammy misses a long distance shot he is not good enough.

Today he scored and the pressure was very high on him. After those racist attacks on him, missing the final penalty in the Supercup, losing and drawing games all the time and playing in a must win game and still be able to play the way he did today was just brilliant. It is funny that til now, only our youth players have scored in PL

58 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

To say even before this game he's a Championship level player at best is ridiculous because he scored 26x2 in his two seasons there. Obviously he's to good for that level. I think he will win the fight this season to be one of our two strikers next season. 

I want him to get to the point where we do NOT have to go out and spend crazy cash on a starting striker

although Moussa Dembele is quickly winning me over, so dumping Bats may not be a bad thing at all

I could see those two (Dembele and Tammy) in a front 2 for a change up option

I've still got my doubts but I was much more impressed with his first goal than his second. That first type of goal is exactly the positioning he needs to have. I'm already looking for James to come in which will probably help.

His quality aside, he is a genuinely nice guy and I was happy for him, the winner obviously but for breaking his duck and running straight to Frank.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

To me he can become like anelka was for us. Meaning we will still need to spend big on number one striker. 

But perfect time for him to get into the team, get confidence and build. 

Because that was the issue in the past with players. Like kdb, Salah, lukaku. Never got the chance to play and build the confidence and momentum. 

So when your are in that stage you expect to have ups and down. After one full season of playing is when you can have a better gauge. 

4 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

😂😂😂

I guess the context is lost in you. Go back rooting for bakayoko buddy. :) 

Good for Tammy and confidence for the young team, and I wrote before he may become a useful striker for us (not great), but we all knew he could score against championship sides didn’t we?

here’s another one: in this game, Norwich, we were no better than in the other games, but the opposition was championship level. Still a worrying performance for me.

Just now, Robchels said:

I guess the context is lost in you. Go back rooting for bakayoko buddy. :) 

Good for Tammy and confidence for the young team, and I wrote before he may become a useful striker for us (not great), but we all knew he could score against championship sides didn’t we?

here’s another one: in this game, Norwich, we were no better than in the other games, but the opposition was championship level. Still a worrying performance for me.

What did Giroud do in 20 minutes? Did he score against a championchip side ala Norwich?

Worrying performance from Tammy?  or from the team? Because Tammy was MOTM.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

What did Giroud do in 20 minutes? Did he score against a championchip side ala Norwich?

Worrying performance from Tammy?  or from the team? Because Tammy was MOTM.

He defended the score. That’s why he was introduced. We also had already built the score, so we were not attacking as much.

Giroud is no longer a solid scorer, which is why he no longer starts, but he will help the team defend and be more compact.

we seem to have a more fundamental disagreement here, which is that you seem to think that strikers score, and defenders, defend. That to me is not not how the game works.