test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

9. Tammy Abraham

Started by Captain Ahmed,

813 posts in this topic
Welll so far he only scored vs sides that were Championship last season. If he scores braces vs Wolves and Pool as well the debate will be a different one. 
Penny drops

His two goals at Norwich he took brilliantly, whilst the two on Saturday weren't amazing but he was in there and his second was instinctive and I can't fault him.

Still loads to prove but it's a good start.

24 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Welll so far he only scored vs sides that were Championship last season. If he scores braces vs Wolves and Pool as well the debate will be a different one. 

I think he might be neutralize but still better then torres and morata who we paid big money for. 

11 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Wolves were in the championship just a season ago, so hardly a metric. I will only consider him a decent striker if he scores a hat-trick against each of the top6 competitor. Nothing else.

killer1257 likes this

14 hours ago, Fernando said:

I think he might be neutralize but still better then torres and morata who we paid big money for. 

He's better than them two when it comes to finishing that's a fact lol Abraham is fox in a box and a poacher he's not type of player who's going to win man of the match awards he's a player would be quiet in game for 89 mins and end up nick a goal in 90 minute Abraham playing style reminds me of Gary lineker and Inzaghi from all goals Abraham scored in his career that 2nd goal he scored against Norwich was his 1st from outside the box 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

He's better than them two when it comes to finishing that's a fact lol Abraham is fox in a box and a poacher he's not type of player who's going to win man of the match awards he's a player would be quiet in game for 89 mins and end up nick a goal in 90 minute Abraham playing style reminds me of Gary lineker and Inzaghi from all goals Abraham scored in his career that 2nd goal he scored against Norwich was his 1st from outside the box 

I don´t really know sometimes what Chelsea Fans see or think when they watch Tammy play. First of all, Tammy already won the MOTM award. Secondly, he is way more than a poacher. His hold up play is brilliant and his passing is very impressive. He presses a lot and he is a very complete striker. He was more of a poacher at youth level, but he improved very much last season. If you want a striker that plays like a no. 10, then obviously you need to got for players like Giroud, but if you want a real no. 9, then Abraham is a decent choice.

5 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Wolves were in the championship just a season ago, so hardly a metric. I will only consider him a decent striker if he scores a hat-trick against each of the top6 competitor. Nothing else.

True but the thing with the likes of Norwich and Sheffield United is that they are indeed limited, poor-average sides who aren't going to spend big to go beyond being a Championship side like Wolves and they will very likely finish in lower region of the Premier League. I know Abraham is still very young but given we have been "burned" by so many poor strikers over the past few years, I'd reserve my judgment on him until he performs well and scores consistently, especially against the better sides. We really can't afford to screw up with this position going forward. It's been holding us back for so long! 

Robchels likes this

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

I don´t really know sometimes what Chelsea Fans see or think when they watch Tammy play. First of all, Tammy already won the MOTM award. 

Which game did Abraham get man of the match?? according to BBC sport against Norwich mason mount got man of the match and in sheff utd game Callum Robinson got man of the match in game 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49456552

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49378899

Just now, the wes said:

Which game did Abraham get man of the match?? according to BBC sport against Norwich mason mount got man of the match and in sheff utd game Robinson got man of the match in game 

According to BT Sports, he got the MOTM

Vesper likes this

26 minutes ago, the wes said:

Fucking disgrace social media needs to do more to stop this from happening 

It is a massive problem, agreed. So glad to see him stand up against the racist cunts. Sterling so won me over the way he has fought back too.

55 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Very good player analysis of Tammy. I know that most of Chelsea Fans will not agree, but it is on point

It’s not an analysis, but a fan video.

It handpicks specific plays depicting his most glaring deficiencies as strengths. His holdup play is nonexistent. He loses most disputes in the air with his back to the defender, which is evident when contrasting with giroud who wins most of them (his strength).

tammy has qualities esp finishing, obviously, but he’s not there yet even as a limited striker. He has long ways to go to become a good player, let alone great.

It’s not an analysis, but a fan video.

It handpicks specific plays depicting his most glaring deficiencies as strengths. His holdup play is nonexistent. He loses most disputes in the air with his back to the defender, which is evident when contrasting with giroud who wins most of them (his strength).

tammy has qualities esp finishing, obviously, but he’s not there yet even as a limited striker. He has long ways to go to become a good player, let alone great.

You're just a hater.

Robchels likes this

Clearly, clearly not good enough. Not even a championship level striker
Oh the footballing iq of some here.
Better to wet yourself after May