Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

6 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The only thing good I've seen from him is his chest control and hold up play. It's really smooth and fluid. It looks even smoother than Giroud's actually. Other than that, not a whole lot yet but still very very very early days to form any sort of conclusion.

I agree, he'll replace Giroud with that role within the squad.

19 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I never said Tammy will be great striker. But I think its stupid to say he is never going to be good enough based on few games. If we have this conversation at the end of the season when Tammy will have plenty games to show how good/average/bad he is, then I can easily agree he should be only a bench option.

Jovic stinked in Benfica, but exploded in Frankfurt. It can happen. It probably wont, but there is small chance worth taking given that we dont realy have anyone more promising (Bats is about the same, but he had couple of seasons at the top already and didnt convince anyone)

Nobody said he’s not going to be good enough for Chelsea. Agree that it is too soon for that, but we need goals and good play to win games and help the team, and right now tammy is providing neither.

Good enough to lead the line is about perceived potential and also characteristics. We have to look at other top clubs and what type of players work nowadays. I see a lot of mobile skillful strikers and not many target men. Perhaps a really dominant target man would break that, myself and others don’t see that sort of potential in Tammy.

Would very much like to be very wrong here tho. Very often hat I want to happen isn’t what I think will happen.

He needs to do a lot of work. He has got pace, height and has shown he can score goals in the Championship but for someone who scored 30 goals last season, to have not made easy movements in the box/being caught on his heels in the last 3 games when the balls been put there, is just ridiculous and in my eyes also quite lazy. That is purely instinct, all the top strikers which is what he has to aspire to be as we are a huge club, make those runs without fail, even if the ball doesn't come to them. That's probably where you see the likes of Aguero scoring the majority of his goals from, between the 6 yard box and penalty spot. How often is Aguero caught on his heels when a ball is played in the box? 

22 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Nobody said he’s not going to be good enough for Chelsea. Agree that it is too soon for that, but we need goals and good play to win games and help the team, and right now tammy is providing neither.

Good enough to lead the line is about perceived potential and also characteristics. We have to look at other top clubs and what type of players work nowadays. I see a lot of mobile skillful strikers and not many target men. Perhaps a really dominant target man would break that, myself and others don’t see that sort of potential in Tammy.

Would very much like to be very wrong here tho. Very often hat I want to happen isn’t what I think will happen.

Well if you want him to improve, you have to play him. We honestly dont fight for trophies, so let just give them playtime.

Its not like Giroud is going to score every game either.

35 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Well if you want him to improve, you have to play him. We honestly dont fight for trophies, so let just give them playtime.

Its not like Giroud is going to score every game either.

Yes and that’s usually the hardest thing esp at a top club, give minutes to the aspiring player.

I think many here are disregarding the negative effects that struggling and losing can have on youth.

once their confidence is in the shitter they won’t be improving a whole lot.

4 hours ago, Robchels said:

Yes and that’s usually the hardest thing esp at a top club, give minutes to the aspiring player.

I think many here are disregarding the negative effects that struggling and losing can have on youth.

once their confidence is in the shitter they won’t be improving a whole lot.

Losing is part of development. And its not like we will lose every game.

Smaller clubs lose way more and they usualy produce best talent. 

Participating in CL and gaining european experience is also invaluable.

6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Losing is part of development. And its not like we will lose every game.

Smaller clubs lose way more and they usualy produce best talent. 

Participating in CL and gaining european experience is also invaluable.

but we are not a small club. I’m just telling you, from experience, what can happen, not what I want to happen. The scenario you picture is a nice one, but the ones I’ve experienced are far less rosy.

football is a game of imposition, and the physically, not to mention experience, of the senior players does make a difference. We were bullied today at home by Leicester city. They won all second balls esp after Tammy came on.

That’s why you don’t throw many youngsters in the starting xi at once. Do it gradually to retain balance and remain competitive. They develop better that way too.

strikers need confidence and Tammy must not be feeling very confident today. Did you see that shot in row z? He was very bad when he came on. People will focus on those 2 good plays, but he was bad at everything else. We were unable to keep possession, hence why we got bullied and Leicester were the far better side in the second half.

10 hours ago, Robchels said:

but we are not a small club. I’m just telling you, from experience, what can happen, not what I want to happen. The scenario you picture is a nice one, but the ones I’ve experienced are far less rosy.

football is a game of imposition, and the physically, not to mention experience, of the senior players does make a difference. We were bullied today at home by Leicester city. They won all second balls esp after Tammy came on.

That’s why you don’t throw many youngsters in the starting xi at once. Do it gradually to retain balance and remain competitive. They develop better that way too.

strikers need confidence and Tammy must not be feeling very confident today. Did you see that shot in row z? He was very bad when he came on. People will focus on those 2 good plays, but he was bad at everything else. We were unable to keep possession, hence why we got bullied and Leicester were the far better side in the second half.

But we don't throw many youngster. The only youngster in starting 11 is mount. Puli is not a youngster. 

For me you have to throw Tammy into the fire. Realistically this is the only season where he will be given a chance. He need to prove that he is ready otherwise he is gone. 

7 minutes ago, communicate said:

But we don't throw many youngster. The only youngster in starting 11 is mount. Puli is not a youngster. 

For me you have to throw Tammy into the fire. Realistically this is the only season where he will be given a chance. He need to prove that he is ready otherwise he is gone. 

30 minutes by match, it's not enoughe for a rookie to prove ?

12 hours ago, Robchels said:

There already seems to be this idea that we're just throwing tons of young players into the side. As per usual one "gold nugget" comment from someone like Mourinho and it seems to be taken as gospel.

Tammy has started one game and been brought on in 2 games and Mount has started 2 games and been brought on in 1. When Reece James and CHO are back fit and amongst the squad then the situation will need to be managed more because we would need to ensure there is sufficient experience around them on the pitch but so far we only have two academy lads getting minutes. 

I don't think Mount has done too bad, the faith was rewarded with his goal yesterday and he does seem to offer a goal threat in a squad that needs it at present. His set piece delivery is light years above Willian too purely on the basis of being able to beat the first man!

So this argument only really relates to Tammy and at present he seems to be second choice behind Giroud so it's hardly like he's being left to sink or swim. Our problems yesterday losing second balls all across the pitch and attacks breaking down started after 20-25 minutes. It got no better with Tammy coming on, but it was awful for a substantial period of time before he came on too.

Like many players his age there are parts of his game that I really like and have a lot of potential and there are also parts of his game that do need work. I do believe that he is good enough to be given a squad role here this season and then he needs to show development and progress when given chances this season to justify this role for the longer term beyond this season. 

3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

There already seems to be this idea that we're just throwing tons of young players into the side. As per usual one "gold nugget" comment from someone like Mourinho and it seems to be taken as gospel.

Tammy has started one game and been brought on in 2 games and Mount has started 2 games and been brought on in 1. When Reece James and CHO are back fit and amongst the squad then the situation will need to be managed more because we would need to ensure there is sufficient experience around them on the pitch but so far we only have two academy lads getting minutes. 

I don't think Mount has done too bad, the faith was rewarded with his goal yesterday and he does seem to offer a goal threat in a squad that needs it at present. His set piece delivery is light years above Willian too purely on the basis of being able to beat the first man!

So this argument only really relates to Tammy and at present he seems to be second choice behind Giroud so it's hardly like he's being left to sink or swim. Our problems yesterday losing second balls all across the pitch and attacks breaking down started after 20-25 minutes. It got no better with Tammy coming on, but it was awful for a substantial period of time before he came on too.

Like many players his age there are parts of his game that I really like and have a lot of potential and there are also parts of his game that do need work. I do believe that he is good enough to be given a squad role here this season and then he needs to show development and progress when given chances this season to justify this role for the longer term beyond this season. 

Brilliant! if you stick cho and james in this squad my money would be on relegation, but whatever. ;) 

I see a vast improvement in our performance when giroud in on. I think it has more to do with Tammy being poor,  but I digress.

I think there's being a few posts where people are trying to drown out dissenters when it comes to Tammy. People are allowed to have an opinion and just because it's questioning something or someone it shouldn't be shouted down.

So in my opinion and what I've seen of him and first impressions count for a lot in football I just don't think Tammy is good enough for us. This is his season to prove himself he's going to get a fair bit of first team action because next summer we're in the market for a CF no doubt about it. For me he's another Solanke or Carlton Cole just not an elite player.

If he proves me wrong and I hope he does I want the best for the club we all do then brilliant I'll gladly eat my words but I can't see myself opening up a tin of Alphabetti Spaghetti anytime soon.

On 8/19/2019 at 9:11 PM, Robchels said:

Brilliant! if you stick cho and james in this squad my money would be on relegation, but whatever. ;) 

I see a vast improvement in our performance when giroud in on. I think it has more to do with Tammy being poor,  but I digress.

😂😂😂