Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

Fuck me we have some stupid fans. Makes me sick. Just name and shame them and give them a life ban from all games.

On a better note, I’m not a massive fan of Rashford, Lingard and co but I love how they have gotten behind Tammy. 

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Ahhhhh the Alvaro Morata Syndrome.

I agree that we finally see the youth having a chance, and there are youth players that definitely do deserve the chance.

CHO, Mount, Tomori, Emerson (actually he's 25 now...no longer youth lol), RLC, Pulisic (I know he's not one of our own, but he's 20)...these youth players listed here from what we have seen in pre-season, this and last season deserve a chance.

Abraham needs more time. His performances since pre-season is not up to standard. I'm not saying he shouldn't play anymore, but he shouldn't be a starter (bar LC games) until he improves his clinical finishing. Giroud isn't great, but at least he scores now and again. That's better than nothing.

We have to remind ourselves: Not every youth player that we think has the potential is good. You can't continuously miss big chances to score. Some chances he missed already cost us the Super Cup, and this is the same Abraham that banged 20+ goals in the Championship. Again, not saying Abraham is officially "awful", but keep that in mind. Because the same arguments used for Morata is showing up again.

You know that Abraham had maybe three shots at target in his two recent games, right? Ronaldo needs seven shots before he scores a goal, Messi needs six shots before he scores a goal. It is not like he missed twenty shots and did not score a goal. People need to have a fair judgement on Youth, but instead they criticise them for anything.

17 minutes ago, Mana said:

Abraham needs more time. His performances since pre-season is not up to standard. I'm not saying he shouldn't play anymore, but he shouldn't be a starter (bar LC games) until he improves his clinical finishing. Giroud isn't great, but at least he scores now and again. That's better than nothing.

Worth noting that Giroud scored only 2 goals in 27 league appearances last season. But it's a different story altogether in Europe.

13 minutes ago, Mana said:

How many times did he start on those 27? (But regardless, that stat is awful)

Only 7 starts (if I got that right :lol:). But like you said, it's not great for someone you want to be scoring regularly upfront for us. 

1 hour ago, 1905didierblue said:

We honestly have the worst set of fans. No kidding. 

Some fuckwitt who posts stuff on Twitter is not a true reflection off Chelsea fans. It could have been anyone posting those tweets knowing full well they're going to be highlighted by the media. Forums like this are more of a barometer of true Chelsea fans not racists masquerading as Chelsea fans on social media.

2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Some fuckwitt who posts stuff on Twitter is not a true reflection off Chelsea fans. It could have been anyone posting those tweets knowing full well they're going to be highlighted by the media. Forums like this are more of a barometer of true Chelsea fans not racists masquerading as Chelsea fans on social media.

It's not the first time Chelsea fans have done something racially motivated, be it on social media and/or match days and/or subways.

13 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

It's not the first time Chelsea fans have done something racially motivated, be it on social media and/or match days and/or subways.

No it's not but let's not tar us all with the same brush. You can't say we're the worse set of fans just because of a handful of arseholes.

21 hours ago, Robchels said:

For every Emerson, a case where a run of games allows the player to improve, because he actually had potential, there are 100 others who don’t get the minutes because they really shouldn’t.

that’s why we have the manager and a myriad of coaches to assess that. Like tomo said, different managers don’t like what they see in bats in training or in matches.

looks like the club will rather give Tammy minutes instead, and I have no problem with that. Just think it’s risky business for Lampard.

Literaly this was what people were saying before Emerson improved.

Its all about seeing what you want to see. Abraham destroyed second league, so its hard to say he isnt talented. 

Maybe he will never be good, but to write him off after two games is complete bollocks.

I remember people people writting Kdb and Salah off too, saying they will never be good enough for us. And sometimes even managers make big mistakes. 

I mean Giroud will never ever improve and be important player here. Abraham has a tiny chance to become good. In a season where we dont have much options, I dont see a reason why not test most of our young players. If one explodes, that means we save millions next summer and strenghten elsewhere.

But if everyone judged players based on two games, we would still be playing with the likes of Alonso. Safe options and all. Complete turds though.

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Its all about seeing what you want to see. Abraham destroyed second league, so its hard to say he isnt talented. 

Maybe he will never be good, but to write him off after two games is complete bollocks.

I remember people people writting Kdb and Salah off too, saying they will never be good enough for us. And sometimes even managers make big mistakes. 

I mean Giroud will never ever improve and be important player here. Abraham has a tiny chance to become good. In a season where we dont have much options, I dont see a reason why not test most of our young players. If one explodes, that means we save millions next summer and strenghten elsewhere.

But if everyone judged players based on two games, we would still be playing with the likes of Alonso. Safe options and all. Complete turds though.

But on the flip the "he's only 20/21/22" card was repeatedly used as Lukaku's defense even though it was pretty clear he wasn't going to get much better than he was.

I don't think anyone said KDB wasn't good enough, i think many people (wrongly) gave Jose the benefit of the doubt because of his history with us, me included. Salah yes, but even the coaches likely didn't see such a rise coming.Which brings me onto my next point, the coaches in general should be able to work out who has potential and who hasn't. We have tens if not hundreds of well paid coaches here to make a judgement on a players ability and potential and suss out who has a chance to make it and who doesn't.

Me personally re Tammy? Funnily enough i think he's in a similar boat to Lukaku back then, certainly has attributes to make an impact at Chelsea but long term it will probably be more in a squad player capacity. Rom weren't having that, lets see how Tammy will feel down the line.

Thank god, I do not use twitter. I would be in a constant state of rage. It is not possible to condemn racism too often or too much. Also hate how this shadows the public image of the club and we can do nothing about it. But it is obviously worse for Tammy. I am confident he will handle this and wish him to bounce back even more now. 

And before anyone comes calling me a hypocrite, yes I still think Tammy is not the type of player we need, but I hope I am wrong and he has my support on this. 

7 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I very much disagree with calling a player who won us many games, playing as a starter for the entire winning campaign, a turd. I just happen to value silverware, winning, and important goals.

you get that I was actually referring to batshuaiy and why he does not get games and has not during the tenure of several managers, right?

for every Emerson, who might have been able to contribute sooner and even rotate with Alonso, there were players we never got to see bc they were bad. Emerson btw who had barely played (made that point in his thread many times). I barely saw KDB play. I was one of the 3-4 ppl who saw a lot of potential in salah, but you can’t even do that if the player does not play. The question is always should he even get minutes?

whether a player plays or not is entirely up to the manager and coaches at the club. They watch them in practice drills, we don’t. A lot of the poor players we never get to see because coaches will take one look at them and see that they aren’t going to cut it.

sometimes they err in not giving time to players who deserve it, and others by giving time to players who don’t, like bakayoko. That’s normal and happens everywhere, but again, we don’t see a lot of their successes. Of course KDB and salah were special fuckups, but those too happen a lot. We shouldn’t be crying for missing on lukaku for 70m now should we?

regarding giroud, not sure who you are arguing with - nobody said giroud is going to improve or that he’s a solution for us. Just that at this time, against tough opposition, he’s the better option.

Losing or struggling does not help with the confidence of the younger players either. Senior players are more used to these various different situations, whereas youngsters may lose confidence more easily. Giroud also offers more even when he is not scoring, which at this time is more important for the team.

I also do not see a lot of potential in tammy tbh, but he should and will get minutes this season. There is no need to rush him though, given that giroud can help at this time of transition and give that air of stability this young team needs.

5 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

No it's not but let's not tar us all with the same brush. You can't say we're the worse set of fans just because of a handful of arseholes.

Fair enough.

But it's not just about the racism aspect. The entitlement, the amount of vitriol thrown at our own players, it's just shocking. 

I mean look at the forum, zouma's not good enough, Tammy's not good enough, Frank's not good enough. I am not a drinkwater/bakayoko fan, but to call them donkeywater and donkeyoko is just weird. It's not like they are playing poorly on purpose. They are average footballers, that our board over paid for. 

I don't like kovacic. But once we signed him, he is my player. I will support him till he wears the blue. 

Believe me, none of this is directed towards you, but just an honest assessment of a Chelsea fan on here. 

Maybe fans of other clubs are as bad, I don't know, I honestly don't follow. So I might be very wrong in saying "Chelsea fans are the worst". But of what I have been reading and seeing for a long time, it's bad and it's getting worse.