test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

9. Tammy Abraham

Started by Captain Ahmed,

813 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Nicco said:

Can't wait until we get a real striker and get rid of this guy.

I think we should not give up on him. He played very well today. It was his second match only. He looks nervous but playing important games against Liverpool and Man U in a few days is not something he is used to. I think after a short time he will be more cool with playing in this level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missed a sitter. Misses a penalty. Not great. But he encouraged me with his hold-up play and let's not forget, he won us our penalty in normal time.

Lightning strikes twice - whoever said history doesn't repeat itself. Lukaku missed the last penalty against Bayern in a 5-4 shoot-out defeat after a 2-2 draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He actually played a pretty good match. He even once outmuscled Van Dijik.His pace gave Pool some problems. Missing  a penalty is not the end. Azpi missed penalties, JT missed penalties etc.

He also gave us a penalty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm struggling to see what his strength is. It's not finishing. Or dribbling. Or passing. He was below par in those tonight.

He has success in some duels as a target man but why would you have him over Giroud who links up better? I guess he's a more clumsy Giroud but with faster legs lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

LAM09 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is nowhere near good enough to be a Chelsea striker. Lampard better play Michy moving forward. He will cost us massive games. Needs to go back to the championship.

NikkiCFC likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He is nowhere near good enough to be a Chelsea striker. He will cost us massive games. Needs to go back to the championship.

He is Bamford #2 to me. People were cutting him slack at Swansea, but Jordan Ayew managed to score more than him for starters.

 

Not enough of a tell tell?

 

Lampard better play Michy moving forward. He will cost us massive games.

 

If he isn't in the squad against Leicester, he's certainly off.

Vybz Kartel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=33296

 

@gapalaiye : ''It was Lukaku 6yrs ago against B/Munich naw it's Tammy Abraham another Lukaku in d making, despite d UEAF Ban, Super Frankie has proven him self as a quality Manager''.

@chpmnkalvin : ''Like 2013, Tammy Abraham does a Romelu Lukaku in 2019 after a 2-2 after extra time in both matches''.

@fabuloustohlu : ''Tammy Abraham 2019 = Romelu Lukaku 2013''.

@knngtee : ''Tammy Abraham did a Lukaku on me''.

@iz__jhoe : ''Tammy Abraham pulled a Lukaku''.

@raedrey15 : ''I saw it coming......Tammy Abraham should just go on loan like Lukaku did.''

@Ralpharmony : ''Tammy Abraham took his PK off Romelu Lukaku's playbook. Exactly how Lukaku did it in our last #supercupfinal appearance. You just feel like he doesn't realise he's on the big stage yet.Boy. We were sooo close.I'm impressed by my team anyways''.

@opash82 : ''Tammy Abraham pulling a Lukaku on that one''.

@omojojo : ''Another lukaku in Tammy Abraham! He was too nervous''.

@BabajideJames : ''It was Lukaku in 2013; it's Tammy Abraham in 2019 - both after a pulsating 2-2 draw after ET. Heartbreaking defeat after a brilliant performance across board by the @Chelsea''. 

@m0n_Des : ''Tammy Abraham, Lukaku reborn''.

@OdianosenEtomi : ''Tammy Abraham. Just like Romelu Lukaku 6 years ago.''

@footiedami : ''Tammy Abraham misses the crucial PK for Chelsea just like Romelu Lukaku in 2013. Dejavu #uefasupercup2019''.

@hashtagtega : ''Romelu Lukaku incarnate.... Tammy Abraham''.

@iam_bussie : ''Saw tammy abraham and this lukaku moment came to mind. Chelsea De javu?''

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vesper said:

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=33296

 

@gapalaiye : ''It was Lukaku 6yrs ago against B/Munich naw it's Tammy Abraham another Lukaku in d making, despite d UEAF Ban, Super Frankie has proven him self as a quality Manager''.

@chpmnkalvin : ''Like 2013, Tammy Abraham does a Romelu Lukaku in 2019 after a 2-2 after extra time in both matches''.

@fabuloustohlu : ''Tammy Abraham 2019 = Romelu Lukaku 2013''.

@knngtee : ''Tammy Abraham did a Lukaku on me''.

@iz__jhoe : ''Tammy Abraham pulled a Lukaku''.

@raedrey15 : ''I saw it coming......Tammy Abraham should just go on loan like Lukaku did.''

@Ralpharmony : ''Tammy Abraham took his PK off Romelu Lukaku's playbook. Exactly how Lukaku did it in our last #supercupfinal appearance. You just feel like he doesn't realise he's on the big stage yet.Boy. We were sooo close.I'm impressed by my team anyways''.

@opash82 : ''Tammy Abraham pulling a Lukaku on that one''.

@omojojo : ''Another lukaku in Tammy Abraham! He was too nervous''.

@BabajideJames : ''It was Lukaku in 2013; it's Tammy Abraham in 2019 - both after a pulsating 2-2 draw after ET. Heartbreaking defeat after a brilliant performance across board by the @Chelsea''. 

@m0n_Des : ''Tammy Abraham, Lukaku reborn''.

@OdianosenEtomi : ''Tammy Abraham. Just like Romelu Lukaku 6 years ago.''

@footiedami : ''Tammy Abraham misses the crucial PK for Chelsea just like Romelu Lukaku in 2013. Dejavu #uefasupercup2019''.

@hashtagtega : ''Romelu Lukaku incarnate.... Tammy Abraham''.

@iam_bussie : ''Saw tammy abraham and this lukaku moment came to mind. Chelsea De javu?''

yup deja vu :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He is Bamford #2 to me. People were cutting him slack at Swansea, but Jordan Ayew managed to score more than him for starters.

 

Not enough of a tell tell?

 

 

 

If he isn't in the squad against Leicester, he's certainly off.

He wont even start for a mid table team let alone a team with Chelsea's ambitions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He wont even start for a mid table team let alone a team with Chelsea's ambitions. 
Wolves did show interest surprisingly. The chance was there was £20-25m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After all the money we spent on strikers is best he continues getting games. 

In the summer or January try to get mbappe if possible or just get zaha. 

The strikers market is so horrible to be fair. Not that many quality strikers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can you lot stop shitting on every player after two games?
He maybe or maybe not good enough but at least give them 6 months first and stop with these kneejerk reactions.
He had his twelve months at Swansea. I'm all for being diplomatic when needed, but it's time to call it how it is; 12 weeks, 12 months or 12 years aren't going to change the obvious fundamentals.

Why are you writing something in Michy's topic BTW?
Vybz Kartel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He had his twelve months at Swansea. I'm all for being diplomatic when needed, but it's time to call it how it is; 12 weeks, 12 months or 12 years aren't going to change the obvious fundamentals.

Why are you writing something in Michy's topic BTW?

I think he should be given time here, same goes for others.

 

What did I write in Michys topic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think he should be given time here, same goes for others.
 
What did I write in Michys topic?
Off the bench or as third choice, possibly.

I was asking you a question. Michy is the better CF with actual goals at the top level, yet is sitting behind him. Why not give him "time" to prove his worth?
Vybz Kartel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man or mouse. When Rashford made his debut he scored two goals, never looked back since. You either have it or you dont that swagger that unfaltering confidence that badass attitude that killer instinct. That penalty is the one moment you look forward to since you are a boy and there is only one thing you can do. Strike it with conviction in a sensible direction. Stand up and be counted. Tammy did not in any way give the Impression that he was up to the occasion. He is not ready and will never be. If it had been a good pen and Adrian had pulled out a great save then fair play. But the tame pathetic way he shot it gave away who he truly is. No Chelsea material. 

He might become a better player, he might become a regular goalscorer or an allround forward. But he will never be a world class striker. 

Vybz Kartel and Robchels like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The arm chair pundits are really giving it to Tammy. Let's forget that his overall play is far better than any striker's we have seen since Costa, or the fact that he scored 25+ goals last season, but it only takes some geniuses on here to judge him in 2 games. What's worse is these will be the same people cribbing, crying and moaning their shit out over "we have no youth". 

2 games against 2 top opposition's, and he gave a decent account of himself. He will be fine. 

killer1257 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

The arm chair pundits are really giving it to Tammy. Let's forget that his overall play is far better than any striker's we have seen since Costa, or the fact that he scored 25+ goals last season, but it only takes some geniuses on here to judge him in 2 games. What's worse is these will be the same people cribbing, crying and moaning their shit out over "we have no youth".  2 games against 2 top opposition's, and he gave a decent account of himself. He will be fine. 

 

 

Bamford had similar numbers at Middlesbrough.... https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/patrick-bamford/leistungsdaten/spieler/183334/plus/0?saison=2014

 

It's normally best to call people out if you have an issue instead of indirectly slagging them off.

 

 

 

Robchels likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.