Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

5 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

The reincarnation of Drogba.

Nah, I don't see it. Drogba's arguably biggest asset was his ability on the ball (ball control, first touch, shielding ability, hold-up play, passing), and while Abraham does have a solid understanding of how to shield the ball and hold onto it to get his team set, his touch is still very inconsistent and his passing is a work in progress. I see Abraham as more of a Lukaku-clone than a new Drogba when purely speaking about the stylistic profile.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought he looked good today and had Spurs defenders worried every time the ball was pumped up to him.

I actually would argue his characteristics suit us more already than that of Batshuyai. However a season of Prem experience will be invaluable and I'd like to see him come back next year and challenge.

3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I thought he looked good today and had Spurs defenders worried every time the ball was pumped up to him.

I actually would argue his characteristics suit us more already than that of Batshuyai. However a season of Prem experience will be invaluable and I'd like to see him come back next year and challenge.

If he does well with Swansea, maybe we should keep him there for another season?

Would hate to see him warming the bench like Ake did last season (after a productive loan spell at Bournemouth)

If he does well with Swansea, maybe we should keep him there for another season?

Would hate to see him warming the bench like Ake did last season (after a productive loan spell at Bournemouth)

I doubt that Tammy. From England wants to live in Swansea and Wales. When rather he wants to be in England and London. He is far away from the great London footballer lifestyle. He also far away from friends and family.

On 16/09/2017 at 6:30 PM, ja1 said:

Has a lot of things going for him. He's grown to 6"5, I like how he always makes himself a nuisance for loose balls played to him/hoofs up pitch. Combination of his pace, deceptive strength (Vertonghen, Alderwiereld and especially Sanchez have all struggled with him at points this half), his long legs and sheer desire. Not only that but shows promise with ball at his feet playing with front to goal, or in tightish areas out wide to make space/win a foul. 

Spot on, it's a very important attribute for a striker to have - does he keep the defenders on their toes? Is he a presence? Tammy's already got that in the locker, now needs to continue to refine his game and make an impact on the league. He'll get better as the season progresses for sure. God bless Paul Clement, honestly. 

4 hours ago, ja1 said:

Tammy Abraham set to switch international allegiance in shock move thesun.uk/601582nkN

Growing trend for a lot of young dual nationality players to play for country of origin, you do you Tammy

If you look at it objectively it’s the best move he can do. Nigeria are actually building a very good side. 

2 hours ago, gadget said:

From a selfish point of view.. IF he does make it here, he'll be missed every other year for the African cup of nations 

No he won’t, the ACON has been moved to the summer now.