John Terry

DavidEU

We've done the complaining, so now let's act like elite supporters of an elite club and ensure he gets his contract. If you work with any CPO members or anything like that, push this forward forward forward. I'm too passive to make change but i know you're all capable.

16 minutes ago, Leif said:

We've done the complaining, so now let's act like elite supporters of an elite club and ensure he gets his contract. If you work with any CPO members or anything like that, push this forward forward forward. I'm too passive to make change but i know you're all capable.

Why ? The club's stance on this is actually a very sensible one. What's the point of giving Terry a new contract when we don't know if our next manager actually wants Terry in the squad ?

All of the reasons for why supporters believe he should get one are irrelevant as the only thing that counts is this : Does our next manager want Terry in the squad ?

The club can't answer that at this moment so they're holding off on making a decision until they know the answer. 

and before anyone says "well why did Ivanovic and/or Cahill get a new contract ? The board doesn't know if the next manager wants them either ?"

Well while that's indeed true Cahill and Ivanovic are both younger and if the next manager comes in and says he doesn't want them then we can still sell them.

Both still have some value on the transfermarket.

Terry, at 35, simply does not.

1 hour ago, The Mak said:

Well I think you know as much as I do on the situation...no one knows who made the decision.

Well actually the fact that we're waiting for a new manager to make a decison on this kinda proves that Emenalo doesn't have full control.

If he did then why would he need to wait for the next manager ? Only reason to wait is because Emenalo and the board care a great deal about what the next manager wants.

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

Now if the Chelsea board are asking Terry to wait until the next manager, that's fine (although I would have still disagreed, but fair enough). That's not what I'm angry about. What I'm angry about is Ivanovic gets an extension regardless, like he's Mr. Chelsea.

That's disrespectful. Terry is everything Chelsea. Literally everything. And the board are actually willing to let him go depending on what our next manager says. There has to be order in Chelsea. Taking away Mr. Chelsea is the last thing this club needs right now.

Ivanovic needs to be sold if Terry gets axed. If that extension given to him wasn't done with the intention of selling him and he continues to play a prominent role next season while JT gets dumped, then quite simply the new manager along with the board are fucking idiots.

No longer a football club, but a cut throat business. John has played his part in this though by speaking out now, but at 35 and at the end of the season there may be no takers. So he's now in the "shop window" for all to see until the season ends.

My own feeling is that he should not be allowed to leave, but should be offered a coaching role within the club, just like Giggs at United. The mans experience is invaluable and he is being allowed to go. Poor move if you ask me.......I sometimes fear we are losing our identity as a club. Fans revere the players and promote them to cult status, then the big-wigs just drum them out of the club........Sad..Very sad. Loyalty (especially like John has given us) should be rewarded, not discarded

3 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Well to be fair, Ivanovic is 31 years old, Terry is 35. Ivanovic has leader qualities and would be one of the more experienced players if Terry left.  

Just a shame he doesn't act like it.Been a huge huge liability this season..sod experience about performance