John Terry

DavidEU

44 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

This dude just got us a point and no one said anything for 1 hour. You lot should be ashamed. Legs are gone but everything else is still there.

what do u want people to say?

that he got owned by lukaku multiple times. that he was so scared of lukaku's physicality and speed that he let him win balls unchallenged and kept backing off?

sorry, but a goal does not make everything alright.

Just now, didierforever said:

that he got owned by lukaku multiple times. that he was so scared of lukaku's physicality and speed that he let him win balls unchallenged and kept backing off?

Nah, that's one goal worth a point in the table. He's 36, his legs are gone, so you can't expect him to go all out on Lukaku, that'd be even more senseless than backing off him, the most he could do in the situation he was put into.

3 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Nah, that's one goal worth a point in the table. He's 36, his legs are gone, so you can't expect him to go all out on Lukaku, that'd be even more senseless than backing off him, the most he could do in the situation he was put into.

so exactly what do u want people to be happy about?

we all know JT has got the heart. thats no news. but if his "legs are gone" then he does not belong on the pitch. he has looked a fish out of water since day1 of this season.

we need wins. and his performances are not helping.

4 minutes ago, didierforever said:

so exactly what do u want people to be happy about?

we all know JT has got the heart. thats no news. but if his "legs are gone" then he does not belong on the pitch. he has looked a fish out of water since day1 of this season.

we need wins. and his performances are not helping.

So who do we play instead of him? Gary walkbackwards Cahill? Ivan handsbehindback ovic? We don't have many options.

As to why we should be "happy" more like grateful i'd say, he got us an important point.

Then again no individual performance is helping us winning matches, maybe Willian and Costa lately but that's also debatable. 

34 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

So who do we play instead of him? Gary walkbackwards Cahill? Ivan handsbehindback ovic? We don't have many options.

As to why we should be "happy" more like grateful i'd say, he got us an important point.

Then again no individual performance is helping us winning matches, maybe Willian and Costa lately but that's also debatable. 

GC is a way better option than JT these days.

GC does have a problem of backing off but atleast his other aspects of defending are better than JT's has been this season. look at the WBA goals and tell me that our defence line is not simply rooted to their spot and that JT is any different than GC in that aspect.

we should be grateful to JT after his pathetic performance and that is discounting the own goal? nah.. thats just the basic minimum that should be expected.

3 hours ago, didierforever said:

All in all, Lukaku was poor today. He has been magnfiicent this season but he did not trouble us fortunately. He seems a little cursed when it comes to scoring against us.

Didierforever is clueless. Terry had a solid game. Made some outstanding tackles and saved us at the end. He's miles better than Cahill and it isn't close. We already tried that Cahill/Zouma pairing earlier in the season and it wasn't pretty.

50 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Didierforever is clueless. Terry had a solid game. Made some outstanding tackles and saved us at the end. He's miles better than Cahill and it isn't close. We already tried that Cahill/Zouma pairing earlier in the season and it wasn't pretty.

Glad to see someone else agrees. I came back from the game and told a relative, despite Everton scoring 3 goals, Terry was very solid. Won majority of duels, made a couple crucial interceptions and most importantly scored our last minute goal. None of the goals were his fault.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Glad to see someone else agrees. I came back from the game and told a relative, despite Everton scoring 3 goals, Terry was very solid. Won majority of duels, made a couple crucial interceptions and most importantly scored our last minute goal. None of the goals were his fault.

I agree, but i'd disagree about the first goal :D For the rest of the game as i've said already he played as a very smart player of his calibre should play.

What on earth are some people in this thread on about? JT had a really solid game. He made some crucial interceptions and his tackling was on point. In the second half he was a vital component of our comeback not only because of his goal but because of his good defensive work.

6 hours ago, Stats said:

All in all, Lukaku was poor today. He has been magnfiicent this season but he did not trouble us fortunately. He seems a little cursed when it comes to scoring against us.

agreed that he was poor, and yet I think he troubled JT no ends. just shows how poor JT has turned.

4 hours ago, Stats said:

I am sorry, but that's just not true.

zouma was literally covering for JT and iva's ass through out the first half and setting off fires everywhere.

the one time that zouma was caught out of position, mirallas easily went through on goal, JT's positioning was awful in that.

he let lukaku run at him a number of times. had lukaku's final balls been decisive, we would have been dead and buried. remember how much space and time lukaku had when he ran at JT and then took that shot early on in the game.

after going 2-0 down, he played the way he should have played the whole match. went into tackles and never gave lukaku any space to turn or maneuver. that was one of the reasons their was a long spell where everton simply could not get out of their half because JT kept winning the ball back from him. but I think everyone played like the way Chelsea is supposed to play after we went 2-0 down. before that he was horrendous.

I went back to the match thread to check what people thought and here are some opinions:

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/20862-chelsea-v-everton/?do=findComment&comment=1197820

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/20862-chelsea-v-everton/?do=findComment&comment=1197823

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/20862-chelsea-v-everton/?do=findComment&comment=1197830

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/20862-chelsea-v-everton/?do=findComment&comment=1197837

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/20862-chelsea-v-everton/?do=findComment&comment=1197851

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/20862-chelsea-v-everton/?do=findComment&comment=1197867

ps - I see gilvorak thinks that JT was good. then I must be correct cause the guy is a troll

6 hours ago, didierforever said:

ps - I see gilvorak thinks that JT was good. then I must be correct cause the guy is a troll

Tbf each time my opinion is the same as someone like Gilvorak i have to second guess it and check in on the facts to see if i'm not missing anything :lol:

Jokes aside, considering that the dude is 36, we have no better defender in the team (for you GC, but i disagree on that) he was on the pitch, he has no legs, what would you have wanted him to do? run at Lukaku? For me what he did was the only course of action available to him, he did what he could. And most of all he scored the equalizer at the 98th minute worth a point.

It annoys me when people say Terry was the last youth player brought through to the first team.

No, Bertrand was, yes he may have been sold eventually, but so was Nicky Butt and Cleverly at United but they are still classed as United youth products.

He was member of the first team squad for 3 years making 56 appearances, that was brought through and integrated into the first team in my eyes.

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It annoys me when people say Terry was the last youth player brought through to the first team.

No, Bertrand was, yes he may have been sold eventually, but so was Nicky Butt and Cleverly at United but they are still classed as United youth products.

He was member of the first team squad for 3 years making 56 appearances, that was brought through and integrated into the first team in my eyes.

I don't think one year in the youth set-up qualifies as a Chelsea youth player. Chelsea barely played a role in his development as he was loaned after a year (and kept going out on loans for years and years).