John Terry

DavidEU

You're confusing JT with Cahill. JT didn't duel that much with Aguero because Aguero kept picking on Cahill.

I think they both got a good taste of it. Cahill perhaps more but JT got a dose.

He subbed Terry because he's close to done and he can't debilitate Cahill so early into the season. My belief anyway.

JT was hands down the best CB in the league last season.i`m fine with integrating younger players into the lineup but none are worthy yet of taking his place on a regular basis.

Depends on which Chelsea you want to see. The one that played a low block last year to protect the lack of pace in the back four, or the one that played expansive football and looked amazing going forward.

I don't think we can have both, something's got to give.

I don't like how Mourinho has basically scapegoated Terry for our first-half performance on Sunday with that substitution. It seems José has officially Casillas'd JT and hung him out to dry.

I wouldn't go that far to be honest. Media reports state Terry responded positively to Mourinho's decision and it seems pretty likely that Terry is going to start next season, sure it was a shock to see something we've always theorised about but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's been hung out to dry.

Premature at least, it remains to be seen how the season unfolds.

To be fair, Terry isn't Lampard and think he's much more respectful to the club and manager. He is, after all, on a one-year contract and he knows that he isn't getting any younger with him being 35 years old this year.

Lampard did what he thought was the best for the club.... And he was right sacking AVB...... Lead us to a historic season in winning CL+FA.

That is no disrespect imo.

That's ridiculous imo.

The player should never have more power than the manager. Even if AVB was wrong, players have no right to show they think they know better. He did what was best for the club by sulking? Come on now.

It depends on how you look at it. If lamp sulked because of individual reasons and not what was best for the club then yes that is wrong. But if he went against AVB because he thought the club would be better off then there is nothing wrong with that imo. AVB was a train wreck, his sacking lead to the best possible result that season. So I have nothing against Lamp actions, I am greateful tbh.

Just imo.

It depends on how you look at it. If lamp sulked because of individual reasons and not what was best for the club then yes that is wrong. But if he went against AVB because he thought the club would be better off then there is nothing wrong with that imo. AVB was a train wreck, his sacking lead to the best possible result that season. So I have nothing against Lamp actions, I am greateful tbh.

Just imo.

I get it, but I think it sets a dangerous precedent. This club, in recent history, has had a bad nature with player power growing too much.. It started from when Mourinho left, because that core he built was still in their prime it wasn't ideal for succeeding managers. In fact Villas-Boas deserves a bit of credit for breaking that core up in the first place, remember that while he may not have won the CL, it was his team that did. I found Lampard's actions distasteful and disrespectful to an extent.

Though I think this is an issue we'll agree to disagree on :lol:

That's ridiculous imo.

The player should never have more power than the manager. Even if AVB was wrong, players have no right to show they think they know better. He did what was best for the club by sulking? Come on now.

Tbh a manger being completely in charge and the players 'submitting' so to speak is more of a romantic notion due to Fergies no nonsense approach and even then some players tried to take him on, ala RVN.

Ultimately players will always speak up and have their say if they think things are wrong, and it may not have been right per se, but lets be honest when the players revolted against Scolari and AVB it did us a favour as a club.

Lampard did what he thought was the best for the club.... And he was right sacking AVB...... Lead us to a historic season in winning CL+FA.

That is no disrespect imo.

No it was very disrespectful, fucking hell....

Ok look at it this way, imagine being the manager... having your tactics and judgement constantly questioned and being repeatedly undermined by guys who at any other club would probably have been sold/released.

I still don't know why Lampard wasn't either fined or shown the door for the way he was heavily involved to be honest, the same with whoever else from the squad who was at it. Think Roman was never completely going to back Andre though when it went shite but at any other club if a player or multiple players acted like that constantly, to question and undermine the manager like they did, they would have been sold/released.

Winning a Champions League trophy and FA cup doesn't make how Lampard and whoever else, behaved/acted acceptable in the build up to his sacking AT ALL.