John Terry

DavidEU

JT has been a great servant (perhaps the greatest servant in the club's history) but we need to move on by phasing him out gradually.Due to his limitations (lack of pace/athleticism) he requires too much protection and makes it difficult to play high pressing game against good and pacy teams.

JT has been a great servant (perhaps the greatest servant in the club's history) but we need to move on by phasing him out gradually.Due to his limitations (lack of pace/athleticism) he requires too much protection and makes it difficult to play high pressing game against good and pacy teams.

I just hope he's not going to sulk like Lampard did under Villas-Boas. Terry has always maintained he's happy to be benched if players better than him are playing and I don't think he can argue Zouma doesn't deserve to play. When/if Stones comes, I hope he'll accept the situation.

For me it's no question about who should get benched between Cahill and JT. Why it's seeming like its the latter... I will never understand. JT's leadership and organisational qualities alone should put him ahead of Cahill.

I just hope he's not going to sulk like Lampard did under Villas-Boas. Terry has always maintained he's happy to be benched if players better than him are playing and I don't think he can argue Zouma doesn't deserve to play. When/if Stones comes, I hope he'll accept the situation.

They all say that until shit gets real.

For me it's no question about who should get benched between Cahill and JT. Why it's seeming like its the latter... I will never understand. JT's leadership and organisational qualities alone should put him ahead of Cahill.

People talk about his lack of pace as if he's ever had an abundance of pace.

Let's talk about 09/10 - when we played with a higher line under Ancelotti - was JT exposed then? No.

Zouma-JT would be great and help Zouma grow. Cahill next to him isn't a good idea. JT's intelligence has always made up for his lack of pace. He should rotate those cb's more though.

They all say that until shit gets real.

To be fair, Terry isn't Lampard and think he's much more respectful to the club and manager. He is, after all, on a one-year contract and he knows that he isn't getting any younger with him being 35 years old this year.