John Terry

DavidEU

Don't buy Stones. JT is confident he has 2 years at the top, so is Jose, and there are no signs decline is creeping up, and even if he does, his leadership skills make up for it. Zouma will gain his place over Cahill on merit, and currently, yes he does deserve selection.

If anything, JT is still getting better. Last season was one of his best, if not the best, and having Zouma play next to him will extend his career further.

I could live with that. Its just him and Cahill together just doesnt help us all the time now but putting Zouma in would give us that extra speed needed.

I will miss the old sod when he eventually goes.

Don't buy Stones. JT is confident he has 2 years at the top, so is Jose, and there are no signs decline is creeping up, and even if he does, his leadership skills make up for it. Zouma will gain his place over Cahill on merit, and currently, yes he does deserve selection.

If anything, JT is still getting better. Last season was one of his best, if not the best, and having Zouma play next to him will extend his career further.

Call me crazy but waiting for the day we let Terry (along with Cahill and Ivanovic) go so that we can play a more proactive and aggressive defence. It feels like our slow, reactive and sometimes even ponderous backline is holding us back.

Call me crazy but waiting for the day we let Terry (along with Cahill and Ivanovic) go so that we can play a more proactive and aggressive defence. It feels like our slow, reactive and sometimes even ponderous backline is holding us back.

I understand what you're saying - but firstly, as seen previously, putting Zoum Zoum in greatly improves the defence, and secondly, while it's not completely Cahill's fault (he ends up playing 2 positions most of the time), Zouma's pace and power makes him the perfect companion to Terry.

Plus, the leadership he gives our back line is invaluable. In.Valuable. On paper, Cahill-Zouma is a fantastic pairing, (2nd best young CB in Europe and England's #1 defender) but in practice, it looks headless and misguided, as both need somebody next to them to tell them what to do - if it were not for the fact that England's defenders are simply awful, Cahill would not look good or even okay. That's why we should keep Terry. It's also why, unless Stones plays next to JT, in which case we're pretty much left in the same situation we have now with Cahill (not pro active), he will be wasted here.

Finally, after all, reactive or not, the left flank is not a problem for us, at all. Most of our goals against us are scored from Ivanovic's side. RB should be a priority. Obviously we are not going to find another Dave, but somebody close would be good - however hard, I don't think there is a team in Europe which plays with 2 traditional fullbacks, and we will probably end up being the first, especially if we get somebody like Reus to go on the right wing. Who knows, we might play inverted fullbacks. LB at RB, etc. we should look to get a backup LB like Cresswell too, rather than a CB.

Plus I kinda want him to break the appearance record. (fyi, 2 and a half season's worth of games) and also, I think in about that time, Christensen comes back from his Gladbach loan. I have high hopes for the lad. Hopefully we can look closer to home for "JT II".

we dont really know what we got till its gone.

• 2 weeks later...

John should get his 700th Chelsea appearance this season! He's on 671 in all competitions, lets hope he stays injury free. But with about 50ish games this season, lets hope he keep the consistency of last season up.

JT: “One day I won’t be in the team but Chelsea are looking to the likes of John Stones for the future, so the club will continue to grow and do well.”

Martinez: “That is wrong; that is illegal,” said the Everton manager on Terry’s comment. “The rules don’t allow you to comment on players who are registered at other clubs in that open manner. That is disappointing.”

Premier League: However, it is understood the Premier League feel no rules have been broken as Terry was merely answering a question.

:clown: LOL!!!

As much as I love Rudd, sorry, talking nonsense here, might as well be just because he met him the other day :lol:

Our keys to retaining the title are Costa, our midfield and our Full Backs.

To this day, people still underestimate Terry's influence on the team.

But also miss the sacrafrices needed to accomodate him

Disagree. The sacrifices are overstated. Azpi doesn't play LB to protect JT because of his lack of pace (JT's never had pace). JT is also intelligent enough to play in a higher line, he just needs the right defender next to him, someone like Zouma.

I think you didn't get my point.

The key to the title is hiding our weaknesses for me, which are the things I listed, no way I'd understimate his influence, just like Hazard, Matic or Costa's importance to us.

If Costa manages to stay fit, and we sort our Full back and midfield issues, the title is ours again, no doubts.