John Terry

DavidEU

Think Terry got a little carried away after the game, saying we feel like champions. Mourinho was kinda upset about it.

Umm, I think he didn't say that. He said that victories like today are a sign of champions, but he didn't say that the players are feeling like champions. Instead, he was saying that it's not done yet and he was already speaking about our next fixtures.

There's nothing more to add that hasn't already be said but what I will say though is there has to be a balance between good football and parkimg the bus. At what point does it enter the territory of "overdoing it". This tactic is acceptable for a top team under certain circumstances like managing through difficult and hectic run of fixtures I.e UCL, the league and other cup competitions and in situations where the players are too tired to press but to make it your only tactic in big games is not only overdoing it but shows a distinct lack of tactical flexibility and respect for the fans who have paid good money to watch their team play.

And I still stand by my belief that negative football is cowardly and taking the easy way out. I know some will say if parking the bus was easy, why aren't other managers capable of doing it successfully apart from jose and my response to that is, no other manager (apart from rafa, who had a great run in the ucl with liverpool) have attempted to employ such tactics when managing a top top club. Jose and rafa are the only manager stubborn and shameless enough to stick to it at the highest level of football. Clubs like bayern, barca,real,utd, ajax (when they were a top club) wouldn't tolerate such football from their managers and rightly so.

Umm, I think he didn't say that. He said that victories like today are a sign of champions, but he didn't say that the players are feeling like champions. Instead, he was saying that it's not done yet and he was already speaking about our next fixtures.

Right. Fair enough. Just saw the interview. Should have known better not to trust journalists! :rant:

There's nothing more to add that hasn't already be said but what I will say though is there has to be a balance between good football and parkimg the bus. At what point does it enter the territory of "overdoing it". This tactic is acceptable for a top team under certain circumstances like managing through difficult and hectic run of fixtures I.e UCL, the league and other cup competitions and in situations where the players are too tired to press but to make it your only tactic in big games is not only overdoing it but shows a distinct lack of tactical flexibility and respect for the fans who have paid good money to watch their team play.

And I still stand by my belief that negative football is cowardly and taking the easy way out. I know some will say if parking the bus was easy, why aren't other managers capable of doing it successfully apart from jose and my response to that is, no other manager (apart from rafa, who had a great run in the ucl with liverpool) have attempted to employ such tactics when managing a top top club. Jose and rafa are the only manager stubborn and shameless enough to stick to it at the highest level of football. Clubs like bayern, barca,real,utd, ajax (when they were a top club) wouldn't tolerate such football from their managers and rightly so.

Fergie employed the tactics many times at United, including at The Nou Camp in 2008 with his best ever team, LVG did it in the WC semi.

Infact the way we set up yesterday reminded me of how Ancelotti use to set us up against Arsenal, allow them possession were they can't hurt us and then hurt them on the counter.

Fergie employed the tactics many times at United, including at The Nou Camp in 2008 with his best ever team, LVG did it in the WC semi.

Infact the way we set up yesterday reminded me of how Ancelotti use to set us up against Arsenal, allow them possession were they can't hurt us and then hurt them on the counter.

Nope. Jose is a coward and he should play proper football like City and Arsenal.

Don't forget that Ancelotti set Real Madrid up to play on the counter against Bayern last season too. Only had 28% of the possession in the first leg at the Bernabeu...

Don't forget that Ancelotti set Real Madrid up to play on the counter against Bayern last season too. Only had 28% of the possession in the first leg at the Bernabeu...

He set up to counter with the most expensive squad of all time. Hmm.