John Terry

DavidEU

I just hope whatever CB we bring in, if any, he will be able to cope with playing a high line without constantly needing support from a DM and FB's since that will be the only way we will be able to play a more attacking kind of football

I hope we don't risk next season with Terry as a starter and without buying a world class CB. Terry sooner or later will have problems and we only have Cahill and a 20 year old CB on the squad.

Think we will try to offer like 30-40m for Varane in the summer but if it is refused we will probably wait until Jan and see if we need to sign anyone else then if Terry proves he isn't up to it anymore. That or like 20-30m for Hummels which I really hope not because he is hopelessly overrated. Imo we might even activate Godin 30m release clause.

I do not know exactly but I believe I saw some photos of John Terry with our children at The Academy.

The next season, probably, Drogba will become an assistant of Jose. Probably John Terry will have a similar role.

Anyway, I'm sure Jose will try to sign Varane this summer. The Real Madrid is about to renew the contract with Pepe and Sergio Ramos and Varane will not want to be the third Centre-back of Real Madrid.

Although I think next season John Terry will continue to be important to us.

I have not found the picture but she looked at John Terry Cobham training with our childrens. Maybe John Terry already started doing the courses to be a coach.

Regards.

I agree, I think it depends if we want Varane, because summer will be the last chance to get him imo... otherwise 2016/17 will probably be a better time, he's still one of the best in the top flight - too good to be 3rd choice, in fact, not so early.

It'd be amazing to see him get to 20 years before signing off :blush:

I just hope whatever CB we bring in, if any, he will be able to cope with playing a high line without constantly needing support from a DM and FB's since that will be the only way we will be able to play a more attacking kind of football

The funny thing is Terry being bad on highline stuff was created during the AVB days, but lets be honest that was more the management, out off our defenders David Luiz and Ivanovic were the only one's that weren't a complete mess under Andres management.

We have played high at times this season and even last and he has been absolutely fine, some people to this day still underestimate just how much of a clever footballer and defender this guy is.

*cough* Kalas *cough*

*cough cough* Omeruo *cough*

sorry, i've got a cold.

I'm sick of people mentioning Varane as an option for the club. We have absolutely no chance of signing him, he just recently signed a new contract and Madrid won't let him leave.

When have we ever let facts stand in the way of a good transfer rumor? :D

I'm sick of people mentioning Varane as an option for the club. We have absolutely no chance of signing him, he just recently signed a new contract and Madrid won't let him leave.

Nobody thought they'd sell Di Maria after the season he had. Money always talks but we'd need a crazy number.

Nobody thought they'd sell Di Maria after the season he had. Money always talks but we'd need a crazy number.

It isn't comparable at all. Di Maria was an inconsistent 27 year old winger that just happened to find 3/4 months of amazing form.

Varane will be the best CB in the World in a few years time. The player he will be replacing (Pepe) will be 33 in a few weeks. Again, they aren't going to sell.

JT has had no yellow cards this season? Wow.

That graphic was done before the West Ham game. See the number of appearances. We've played 27 games and Terry has featured in every one of them.

He picked up his first league booking of the season in that West Ham match - he fouled Valencia early on.

That graphic was done before the West Ham game. See the number of appearances. We've played 27 games and Terry has featured in every one of them.

He picked up his first league booking of the season in that West Ham match - he fouled Valencia early on.

I think the one at West Ham was his first, in the EPL at least.

That's still very incredible.