John Terry

DavidEU

I just imagined how I would feel if Terry also pulled off a Lamps... awful even just scraping that thought.

I doubt it. As a defender, it's hard to reach 34 and retaining a starting place in one of the best teams in the world, and if he makes 37 he has done well for himself. Since he's not planning to go to MLS by the sounds of things, 37 will probably be the terminal point for a coaching role. Still, never know with JT.

My point is, midfielders playing at the top of the top flight at 36 are not a very rare occurence, but not a single name comes to mind of a defender in the top 7 teams who is older than Terry is.

I love guy more than anything!

150 more games to overtake Chopper? 4 seasons maybe? Anyone think it can be done? I SO hope he manages to get there. Add a couple more PL winners medals. A CL winners medal in a game he actually plays in. Club record appearances. He will go down as THE biggest legend this club has ever seen. If he isn't already.

And then to see him manage the club for 30 years with Didi and Ash as his assistants. Big Pete as GK coach as we dominate Europe for 3 decades :lol: A man can dream aye lol.

I loved Lampard more but I've changed my opinion somehow :D

I love guy more than anything!

150 more games to overtake Chopper? 4 seasons maybe? Anyone think it can be done? I SO hope he manages to get there. Add a couple more PL winners medals. A CL winners medal in a game he actually plays in. Club record appearances. He will go down as THE biggest legend this club has ever seen. If he isn't already.

And then to see him manage the club for 30 years with Didi and Ash as his assistants. Big Pete as GK coach as we dominate Europe for 3 decades :lol: A man can dream aye lol.

and Lamps as Director lol...

Well, tbf, didn't his 'stay' coincide with a convenient pay rise? :ph34r:

Wasn't the pay raise considerably less than what was being rumored he was being offered at City?

His deal here was about 175k/wk while was being rumored iirc was 200k and above.

At the end of the day, what is relevant is that he did stay. Same with Gerrard at Liverpool who was even much much closer to actually leaving.

At the end of the day, what is relevant is that he did stay. Same with Gerrard at Liverpool who was even much much closer to actually leaving.

Yeah true.

Even if the reasons weren't out of principle for Terry and Gerrard staying where they are, the fact is they did. Never again did either try to engineer moves away to 'bigger' clubs which does deserve respect. Particularly in Gerrard's case.

Yeah true.

Even if the reasons weren't out of principle for Terry and Gerrard staying where they are, the fact is they did. Never again did either try to engineer moves away to 'bigger' clubs which does deserve respect. Particularly in Gerrard's case.

Agree. You can argue that JT has had everything here. Gerrard has sacrificed trophies to stay at Liverpool, even if he did hand in a transfer request.

JT was a tit off the field and I'm sure privately away from any recording devices he would admit the same but he did alot of good for charities and just in general back then it was just mixed with bad bad bad publicity and obviously the bad things get the most hits and such so newspapers focus on that.

He will never get the plaudits because of this, but he is the best CB the EPL has ever seen, until someone else does it and wins as much as he did but single handedly making a difference to a club/team/matches not just being in the team.

Shaky moments, shaky injuries, all in all a top top top professional.

He needs 1 more appearance to overtake Lampard as the most capped Chelsea player in Europe. Slowly getting rid of Lampard's records.

Hopefully in my lifetime I'll witness a striker - maybe Bamfordinho - come through our ranks and stay a long while to replace him as top scorer as well. It's not even that I'm bitter... that's an old dream of mine... to have a striker to have the same career as Terry had here. scoring more than Lampard has just become a bonus