John Terry

DavidEU

^^ No one questioned his ability, just his fitness. Not suffering from those nagging injuries certainly helped. It's too early in the season to call it a victory (over the injuries) though.

I disagree with most here concerning him being MOTM material in last game. He did not make any blatant mistake, but he was also not dominant as he could've been (as he has in the past). I think he had a normal JT performance and was one of the few players (more like a couple) who Mourinho called had a "normal" performance.

I'd not criticize him too much either because I thought the midfield crumbled in he second half; that's why we had so many one-on-ones in the back.

I remember before the season people were going on about who will be David Luiz's partner and about signing a world class CB to partner Luiz.

Long term that is still an issue.

Terry is playing very, very well right now, but he is still going to be 33 next month at the end of the day, as great as he is he can't go forever and will hit father time at some point, we need to prepare for that eventuality instead of waiting for it to happen like we did for Malouda and co in 2010.

Hopefully it won't be a problem for atleast this season and next, but even a machine like Terry can't go on forever, father time is one opponent no man can beat.

Long term that is still an issue.

Terry is playing very, very well right now, but he is still going to be 33 next month at the end of the day, as great as he is he can't go forever and will hit father time at some point, we need to prepare for that eventuality instead of waiting for it to happen like we did for Malouda and co in 2010.

Hopefully it won't be a problem for atleast this season and next, but even a machine like Terry can't go on forever, father time is one opponent no man can beat.

Hope our no. 33 Kalas lives up to his promising talent and Luiz grows up by that time

I know stats don't always tell the whole story but here's the stats on our record this season with CB partnership of Terry and Cahill/Luiz..

Terry + Luiz - P6 W3 D1 L2 = 1 clean sheet (vs Steaua Bucharest)

Terry + Cahill - P7 W6 D1 = 5 clean sheets (vs Hull, Man United, Fulham and Schalke x2)

And just to add, when it's Luiz and Cahill at CB, the stats read P4 W2 D1 L1 and kept 2 clean sheets (vs Swindon and Arsenal).

I know stats don't always tell the whole story but here's the stats on our record this season with CB partnership of Terry and Cahill/Luiz..

Terry + Luiz - P6 W3 D1 L2

Terry + Cahill - P7 W6 D1

more importantly,

JT+GC - 2 goals, one from benteke (unstoppable, off the post, and the other from aguero, gk error). also they have looked solid at the back and we simply have looked sure of ourselves when we have had those 2.

more importantly,

JT+GC - 2 goals, one from benteke (unstoppable, off the post, and the other from aguero, gk error). also they have looked solid at the back and we simply have looked sure of ourselves when we have had those 2.

You mean Garry Cahill error.

You mean Garry Cahill error.

seriously? near post, acute angle. i would take my chances with cech to stop that rather than a defender trying to steal the ball or try to intercept the ball and simply let the aguero thru.

seriously? near post, acute angle. i would take my chances with cech to stop that rather than a defender trying to steal the ball or try to intercept the ball and simply let the aguero thru.

Choo Choo was talking about Cahill's error in playing Aguero onside when the others had already pushed up to spring the offside trap. His positioning and lack of awareness got exposed there..

Choo Choo was talking about Cahill's error in playing Aguero onside when the others had already pushed up to spring the offside trap. His positioning and lack of awareness got exposed there..

more than GC's "error", u have to say it was aguero's brilliance.

aguero was off already came back on as the ball was been played and timed his run to perfection. i am not saying GC was not at fault at all but u have to give credit where its due. it was a moment of magic for aguero (the run, the shot) and if goals are conceded to such moments and only to such moments, i dont see any problem with it.

more than GC's "error", u have to say it was aguero's brilliance.

aguero was off already came back on as the ball was been played and timed his run to perfection. i am not saying GC was not at fault at all but u have to give credit where its due. it was a moment of magic for aguero (the run, the shot) and if goals are conceded to such moments and only to such moments, i dont see any problem with it.

Aguero's moment of brilliance is when he took the shot which caught Cech out, not on timing his run. And if you want to talk about timing the run and praising Aguero for it, then the opposite should be thrown at Cahill for his non-timing to set the offside trap. Also, had Cahill been aware of his position, the other 3 defenders that were already ahead of him and Aguero's and positioned himself better, the goal wouldn't even have happened.

Aguero's moment of brilliance is when he took the shot which caught Cech out, not on timing his run.

Couldn't disagree more. Aguero's run there is of the highest quality. He's between the defenders, behind Cahill's back and makes a couple of stutter steps to create maybe half a metre difference between the line Cahill is holding and the one Terry is. It's a fantastic piece of forward play and I doubt you'd get many people suggesting it was a Cahill mistake.

From there on, Aguero is on his left foot moving away from goal so it's really down to Cech not to be beaten on his near-post.

Looking at the video again, Cahill and Terry seem to be having a small conversation about Aguero before he makes the run. Again, the positioning of Aguero is fantastic, the run perfect so having a pop at 'Garry' Cahill seems a bit harsh.

Garry got beaten with very simple movement by aguero and ended up playing him inside. Yes, Cech could have done better although it was a world class finish and you would not expect your average goal keeper to save it. But the error was in why Aguero was one-on-one with Petr, and that lies on Garry's shoulders.

Aguero's moment of brilliance is when he took the shot which caught Cech out, not on timing his run. And if you want to talk about timing the run and praising Aguero for it, then the opposite should be thrown at Cahill for his non-timing to set the offside trap. Also, had Cahill been aware of his position, the other 3 defenders that were already ahead of him and Aguero's and positioned himself better, the goal wouldn't even have happened.

the goal also would not even have happened if cech was covering his near post which he should have been as there was nothing else on for aguero in that situation.

again, not saying that GC was faultless but to blame him majorly for that goal is...