John Terry

DavidEU

I would be happy if we did, but I am not entirely sure we will...

I think Mourinho has a clear order to renovate our squad and move away from the old guard. I just find it very suspicious all their contracs ends at the same time!

P.S: Moved it to JT's thread.

I think that we'll likely move Frank and Ashley on, perhaps Cech given the Courtois situation, but JT is not that old, he's still 31 and if Frank was given an extension last season despite the rumors of Roman not being happy with him, I think JT will get a one year extension this season.

I think that we'll likely move Frank and Ashley on, perhaps Cech given the Courtois situation, but JT is not that old, he's still 31 and if Frank was given an extension last season despite the rumors of Roman not being happy with him, I think JT will get a one year extension this season.

Yes, I think you might be right!

Dont get me wrong though, I definitely want Terry to stay forever with us, but I am still very skeptical about it...

Mourinho will want Frank to stay,you boys really do not learn ,do you?

If Lampard leaves it will be his choice and will be to America ,but Jose is sure to want to keep him . Mikel will be leaving unless he decides to sit on his contract like Bogarde.

I reckon JT and Frank will be offered new deals at Christmas by Mourinho ,he judges on performance not age and both are first choice on performance.

He will be 33 this december mate.

I've no doubt JT will be given another year, he's playing well, the only drawback with him in the side is that we have to play a little deeper to compensate for his lack of pace, he is still fairly agile when it comes to tackling though.

As for Frankie I think this is his last season with us, he's nearly 36 and will be leaving on a high. The signs are there, we are being linked with CM/ DMs a lot lately, Marseille's Imbula being one.

Mourinho on Terry..

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3501182/title/mourinho-trusting-terry

'Since pre-season in Asia, our focus with John was not his contract, or the national team. Our focus was just to try to recover his status as an important player. You can be very experienced and have a big status but when the injuries come and the manager has doubts about whether you are ready to play the big matches, and you are in and out of the team, sometimes your self-esteem can be a bit attacked.

'Football is about the present, not the past,' Mourinho continues. 'John had a bad season - injuries, changing cultures, changing manager, managers' decisions. Sometimes players go up and down because of injuries and decisions. That's normal.

'The first thing is his fitness. He had a very good pre-season and put himself in a good condition to start the season. Now we don't put him under pressure to play five or six consecutive matches. It's better to play two in a row and get really fit, then be ready physically to cope with the sequence of matches.

'In this moment he is fine. It doesn't mean that he will always be first choice for me, and he knows that, but he also knows that I trust him and I am happy with the way he is performing. The situation for him now is good.'

You have to love the press NOT. Jose is telling them they say things he doesn't say and then they did it again, Jose talked about John being basically pushed out of England and he totally understand his reasons and the press don't mention that they said, Jose thinks Terry retired to soon.

God if everyone doesn't know why John isn't playing they are clueless, I don't mind Roy but he personally has caused John and Rio and even Becks to not play.

Rio Ferdinand was chosen for England after referring to Ashley Cole as a choc-ice and found guilty of making a remark with racial overtures he has since retired from international football ,if JT makes himself available again as Jose hinted at ,then under a new chairman their is no reason why he should not be picked.

As Jose said he retired prematurely ,this is obviously the first step towards JT making himself available to play for England again.

JT is a proud Englishman and he will want to play for his country in the world cup ,after that the FA can go forth ,but JT deserves the chance to play in the world cup under a new chairman ,JT fell out with Bernstein who was a PC :wank2: .

I don't think the England squad need distractions before the world cup.

Keep the squad the way it is and build for 2015 onwards...