John Terry

DavidEU

JT was class at OT as good as ever ,I find it hard to understand why people want to get rid of our world class players before their time has come.

Drogba should have still been at the club last season and this,big mistake by us, lets not make the same mistake with others,these special players should not be taken for granted as they are rare.

Agree. Don't get any of this Drogba left on his own accord stuff myself. ..

There are many myth's that go around about Chelsea but one that really grates me is the one that Carvalho made Terry look better than what he is.

I mean how uneducated can opposition fans be about us? In 04/05 when we broke the record for the best defense in PL history, Terry played 36 out of 38 games while Carvalho played 25. In 05/06 when we only conceded 22, Terry played 36 again while Ricky played 24. infact it was 06/07 when JT got injured, that our defense which included Carvalho started to leak goals left, right and centre.

John Terry was criminally under-rated at his peak, between 2004-2010 he had very, very few bad games, he was at the very least as good as the likes of Nesta and Cannavaro were at their peaks, he really was that good, between 04-08 he was the best defender in the world, by a mile. We could have got £40m for him of City back when paying that type of money was unheard off in England, never mind for a defender.

Im not saying Carvalho wasn't good for us, he was very good, but there was a reason Jose picked Terry as his untouchable and rotated Ricky with Gallas for the other CB role and not just because he was captain. I can't help but cringe every time someone says Carvalho made him look a better player, because it simply was not true, even with Ben Haim as his partner he was incredible.

Not enough leadership out there , Terry was sorely missed especially when Basle equalised, in the last 20 mins it was awful ,the whole team threw the towel in ,who was talking and driving us? Our heads dropped and the Chelsea will to win was gone ,we surrendered.

Leadership does not make up for the legs he lost.

Playing Terry is unviable as he requires us to play with a deep defensive line to make up for his lack of pace and mobility, which would leave a massive gap for our pivots to cover, which would be impossible given that one of them is also physically inept in the shape of a 35 year old Lampard.

By the way, are you not the one who always advocates Lampard being on the field at all times for his leadership?

Yes I am when Lampard went off we had no leaders on the pitch and we gave up ,a gutless performance especially after Lampard went off,Terry has never had pace ,but he has a football brain that makes up for that , a brain that tells him when to push up and when to drop ,othrwise known as good defending and hi sleadership was missed ,not enough leaders out there ,that was obvious,especially last 20 mins when we were feeling sorry for ourselves .

I said this elsewhere, and I'll say it again: I find it completely incomprehensible that Jose feels the need to Rotate JT and Oscar and not Cole and Iva. Should have really started yesterday instead of Cahill who could have done better for both goals.

I said this elsewhere, and I'll say it again: I find it completely incomprehensible that Jose feels the need to Rotate JT and Oscar and not Cole and Iva. Should have really started yesterday instead of Cahill who could have done better for both goals.

The most vital thing for stability at a club is to a have a solid, consistent CB pairing. We should play CLL-Geezer duo for atleast 3 games consistently before thinking about rotating.

The easiest rotating system is to rotate our full backs and one wingers every other game(and not our pivot and CAM).

Honestly i don't care about the strikers any more.

The most vital thing for stability at a club is to a have a solid, consistent CB pairing. We should play CLL-Geezer duo for atleast 3 games consistently before thinking about rotating.

The easiest rotating system is to rotate our full backs and one wingers every other game(and not our pivot and CAM).

Honestly i don't care about the strikers any more.

Agreed. I'd sooner rotate keepers than CBs. The understanding and communication between the two is just so important to how well a team defends.

We'll never know that had JT been there last night that goals could of been avoided, but what I do know is I feel damn more comfortable when he is there, than when he isn't.

Hands down our best defender this season.

We shouldn't think of rotating him in the PL. We don't want a repeat of last year.