John Terry

DavidEU

Kurt Zouma's season-ending injury is not expected to have an impact on the future of captain John Terry at #Chelsea. [Telegraph]

John Terry still expected to leave at end of season while #Chelsea may recall Andreas Christensen from Borussia Mönchengladbach. [Telegraph]

#Chelsea maintain that they want the next permanent manager to have the final say on whether or not Terry is offered a contract. [Telegraph]

While Terry has unequivocally got the fans on his side, his public comments have not done him any favours with the hierarchy. [Telegraph]

#Chelsea will redouble their efforts to sign John Stones from Everton, although Manchester City appear favourites to land him. [Telegraph]

#Chelsea will also assess their options within the club, with Christensen who has impressed on loan at Borussia Mönchengladbach. [Telegraph]

Following impressive performances in the Bundesliga & CL, #Chelsea could even attempt to take Christensen back 12 months early. [Telegraph]

6 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Kurt Zouma's season-ending injury is not expected to have an impact on the future of captain John Terry at #Chelsea. [Telegraph]

John Terry still expected to leave at end of season while #Chelsea may recall Andreas Christensen from Borussia Mönchengladbach. [Telegraph]

#Chelsea maintain that they want the next permanent manager to have the final say on whether or not Terry is offered a contract. [Telegraph]

While Terry has unequivocally got the fans on his side, his public comments have not done him any favours with the hierarchy. [Telegraph]

#Chelsea will redouble their efforts to sign John Stones from Everton, although Manchester City appear favourites to land him. [Telegraph]

#Chelsea will also assess their options within the club, with Christensen who has impressed on loan at Borussia Mönchengladbach. [Telegraph]

Following impressive performances in the Bundesliga & CL, #Chelsea could even attempt to take Christensen back 12 months early. [Telegraph]

Stones and Christensen? Sounds alright, but if Zouma comes back there is no space :(

17 minutes ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

I still can't get my head round how Ivanovic earned himself a contract yet the club somehow thinks there is no space for John Terry.

Ivanovic has something on the board. That is the only answer.

JT was stupid with his outburst; he's signed his own death warrant. No way will Roman accept the way JT has vilified the board. The way things clearly went down, was that there was no contract on offer at the moment Terry spoke to the media. If he'd have kept his mouth shut, he'd probably be at the table negotiating right now. No way will Roman lose face over this. 

I realy like what Lahm said recently about clubs and players. He said something along the lines that all great clubs need core of homegrown players who grew within the club and present the meaning of club on and off the pitch. These players are the simbols of club and their success. They identify themselfs with the club. When they play they play not only to win for themselves but also for the club. 

Do we have any such players after Terry leaves? You cant just buy such player and he will suddenly become Chelsea through and through. There is no surprise teams like Barca, Bayern dominate europe. Or United couple years ago with Giggs and Neville and Scholes etc. Or us with Terry and Lamps and even Drogba. Our team is talented as never before yet I dont see us achieving some greatness in next couple years because we simply dont have great players. We have talented, skilled, maybe potentialy world class players but not great ones. Not after Terry leaves.

I hear alot about no player is bigger than club. But truth is clubs achieve greatness because of great players. I started following Chelsea because they had so many players I realy  liked and style of play that was based on speed and strenght. Back then I was just a kid when I saw first games of chelsea and if it wasnt for the players who played there like Terry or Zola I dont know if I became such fan. Maybe it would happen anyway like destiny or maybe it was just a coincidence that Terry and Lamps were playing for Chelsea in part of my childhood and I started following Chelsea because of that. Eventualy obviously the love for club grows and now I would support it no matter who plays and what the results are. 

But my point is you identify with players not club. And every club needs such players. To get results and bring more fans. Currently we have no such players and its real shame about that. No money in world can buy you Terry. He is Chelsea in the true meaning of the word.