John Terry

DavidEU

John has plenty to offer the club still but it comes down to either money or has he been a thorn in managers' sides behind the scenes. (Solo warm down after the Porto match for the cameras after losing his place, announcing the club ruined his "fairy tale" ending, etc) the man is shrewd and will do what's best for he and his family and I can't fault him for that but he's the reason Hiddink plays TWO defensive midfielders and the team settles for a low block scheme. I hope the board doesn't cave in to public pressure which is what John is banking on for a lucrative deal or just give the club the middle finger because he knows he can make double in China playing with Ramires. He's a club legend no doubt but it's a business and Chelsea FC not John Terry FC. You really want to watch a hero get burned and embarrassed next season and the next trying to play a high line? Or two defensive midfielders to cover his flaw in pace and sacrifice attack? No thanks.

24 minutes ago, Blue Gino said:

John has plenty to offer the club still but it comes down to either money or has he been a thorn in managers' sides behind the scenes. (Solo warm down after the Porto match for the cameras after losing his place, announcing the club ruined his "fairy tale" ending, etc) the man is shrewd and will do what's best for he and his family and I can't fault him for that but he's the reason Hiddink plays TWO defensive midfielders and the team settles for a low block scheme. I hope the board doesn't cave in to public pressure which is what John is banking on for a lucrative deal or just give the club the middle finger because he knows he can make double in China playing with Ramires. He's a club legend no doubt but it's a business and Chelsea FC not John Terry FC. You really want to watch a hero get burned and embarrassed next season and the next trying to play a high line? Or two defensive midfielders to cover his flaw in pace and sacrifice attack? No thanks.

That's assuming 1) John Terry won't take a wage cut, 2) he wouldn't accept taking a reduced role on the pitch and 3) we can find leadership elsewhere. We don't know all of the facts, and I doubt we ever will. If Terry will take a wage cut, accept that he won't be an automatic starter next season and that his primary role will be dressing room leadership and a bridge to being a coach at Chelsea, I don't see why he can't be given a 12-month contract.

That said, if they don't want him in the dressing room and he doesn't want the reduced role, they're well within their rights to not renew him. It's still not going to go over well with the majority of supporters. We've seen Lampard go and score against us. We've seen Drogba go and play against us. We've seen Cech go and make great saves against us. Seeing Terry go on and continue to play would not be easy. No one has epitomized Chelsea more than him in our long history. 

On 2/4/2016 at 0:29 AM, LDN Blue said:

Think he'll get the contract to be honest, but he's got to accept it as bit-part and perhaps leading into a coaching role. No doubt club needs to rebuild and build a new guard, but we can't forsake our experience for it.

Does open up the whole 'captaincy' debate now though!

Bit-part only if we actually get a good replacement, or if Matt Miazga steps up to the challenge (in all seriousness I hope this guy can make it).

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

There are indications that, before he was sacked, Jose Mourinho had decided John Terry’s time at #Chelsea was up. [Telegraph]

:lol: so they sack him, but apparently still implement his ideas?

Actually, that sounds perfectly like Chelsea.

"It’s a difficult one. The club is the most important thing, there is no communication between myself and the club at the minute. I said what I had to say.

"I made it very clear, I wanted to stay, but nothing has changed from my point of view."

49 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

I can understand Terry's frustration with the situation but don't think we need him to talk about the same thing every week. The club, after all, have mentioned that the situation could still change and the next manager will have a say in the decision. If he plays well between now and till the end of the season, I'm sure there's a good chance that he'll earn a new contract.

Weak  management/board . Extremely short sighted idiots that cannot see   past their snouts.

No question at all to give him another year. How popular will the new manager be if they contributed  to Terry leaving , talk about starting on the back foot with the fans.