test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

Alvaro Morata

Started by Captain Ahmed,

1,496 posts in this topic

MORATA EXCLUSIVE

Alvaro Morata, ahead of his move to Chelsea, has been speaking to SSN's Paul Gilmour on his arrival to Heathrow Airport earlier this morning...

Asked why he has joined Chelsea, the Real Madrid striker said: "Because it is the best club. Antonio Conte is one of the best coaches in the world and I'm so happy to work with him."

Asked how close he was to joining Man Utd, he said: "I don't know, the most important thing is I am here, and finally I am here. Just the medical and everything is OK. It's one of the best leagues in the world, and I'm so happy to be here.

"I spoke with Azpilicueta, and he told me everything is OK."

https://storify.com/services/proxy/2/0g_nMUK0Kd76j6Ne8foq5A/https/d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.net/UeJqgscRTh6teocBW2ba_morata2.JPG

Johnnyeye likes this

I didn't know he spoke some english. I remember during some promo videos for adidas he couldn't say any words. This will massively contribute to his adaptation.

RoyalBlues and Johnnyeye like this

36 minutes ago, manpe said:

Did he write something about our capture of Rüdiger?

Not that I could see, I dont frequent the forum as often as I used to so perhaps I missed it. Rudiger being injured and played out of position for a while could also make him a bit low-key compared to Morata. Overall reactions to Rudiger there seem to be a bit negative, calling him a limited player better suited for EL than PL. I guess we will see. 

manpe likes this

26 minutes ago, milka said:

Why Tottenham cap ?

21e6evWMXnL._SX355_.jpg

Goodbye present from Bale :P Although I highly doubt that its a Tottenham cap.

1 hour ago, Rekin said:

Not that I could see, I dont frequent the forum as often as I used to so perhaps I missed it. Rudiger being injured and played out of position for a while could also make him a bit low-key compared to Morata. Overall reactions to Rudiger there seem to be a bit negative, calling him a limited player better suited for EL than PL. I guess we will see. 

Rüdiger is not injured, he's still on holiday but will join the squad in Singapore next week.

Tautvix likes this

2 minutes ago, Jype said:

Rüdiger is not injured, he's still on holiday but will join the squad in Singapore next week.

He is also not playing out of position right now. I was talking about his stay in Roma, where he was injured and then played as a right back a lot. 

Just now, Rekin said:

He is also not playing out of position right now. I was talking about his stay in Roma, where he was injured and then played as a right back a lot. 

Ahh, right. Makes more sense now. 

10 hours ago, Robguima said:

She was certainly referring to footballing IQ, or lack thereof in Lukaku's game. Which is something I can agree with.

Elaborate? What is football IQ? Why is his bad? How does Lukaku lack that IQ? How does he have two of the top teams in the PL vying for him if he lacks football IQ?

It's a lazy argument imo. 

6 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Elaborate? What is football IQ? Why is his bad? How does Lukaku lack that IQ? How does he have two of the top teams in the PL vying for him if he lacks football IQ?

Knowing when to press , what runs to make, t. Henry has already shown this deficiency on sky sports

Johnnyeye, Tomo, Peace. and 1 other like this

21 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

for me the easiest way to understand "low football IQ" I relate it to my main sport of basketball. When a player can see the game before it happens and react quicker, seeing the pass before the pass or understanding the angles needed more inherently. Lebron James is a maestro on the court cause he understands what everyone is doing and should be doing then can take advantage of the situation quicker and correctly more so than other players. Wayne Gretzky in hockey (i am canadian after all) had a telepathic understanding of his surroundings and where he needed to be. 

Maybe when people speak about Lukaku and a "low football IQ" maybe they just mean he doesnt seem to make the right inherent decision quick enough or accurately all the time? He has a load of physical ability and when the opportunity presents itself he puts the ball in the back of the net as good as anyone but he doesn't see the whole picture all the time which can slow down your reading of the game which in turn slows down how you play the game? 

I admit i don't understand the low football IQ arguement as well but I always relate it back to basketball and when I do that it helps me understand a little bit. There are always players who have everything but can never quite put it all together to get to the next level. 

Edit: @Rekin was writing mine as your reply tab came up, similar thoughts on the matter after i saw what you wrote when i posted haha

Rekin, Barbara and Tomo like this