test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

Alvaro Morata

Started by Captain Ahmed,

1,496 posts in this topic
9 hours ago, Amblève. said:

I'm walking in circles here but I can't stress this enough: Morata has NO game-breaking attribute.

He's not blessed with unreal athleticism.

His technique, while good, is not amazing.

His general on-pitch personality is too tame.

His movement is good but nothing special, yet again.

If you want a player of Morata's profile play Batshuayi and don't spend that crazy amount of money on a nice player. What new dimension exactly does Morata offer to our team? How does he change this club's future for the better?

So true. He is kind of a jack of all trades master of none. Yet his highlight reel is tremendous. Some brilliant pieces of skill and great finishing. If he wants he has to skill to beat various defenders, the pace to beat the offside trap and the composure for those top corner finishes of his. And he has done that against top oppositions. Real, Bayern, Barca, Dortmund. One might get tempted to go go full TheWiz and assume that only because a player can hammer one in the top corner from 30 yards every blue moon that all he needs is the right incentive or motivation to do so regularly. But that is bullshit. People rarely change and when you are a lazy person you probably will be your whole life. Being a lazy person myself I know only get so far with a regular kick up the backside. If I really want to achieve something I need an intrinsic motivation. And no one has seen such motivation in Morata so far. Maybe Conte could somehow condut some kind of inception and make him work hard in the gym to get more explosiveness, strength and sharpness out of him but chances are that will not have a lasting effect. Far too risky for such an investment.

Amblève. likes this

Think with Morata is that his price is negotiable, Belotti has fixed price (release clause) for team outside Italy. So he might be the best option available for now. He is Mourinho's first choice, but he failed to sign him, then he turned to the second option, Lukaku. On a positive note, MU fans couldn't mocking us anymore, because we got their first choice striker.

Just now, Pizy said:

Di Marzio has been so hit and miss lately it's hard to get excited. Though, he did report about Rüdiger before anyone, didn't he?

Romano is very reliable. Think this one is happening.

TheIceMan likes this

3 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Think with Morata is that his price is negotiable, Belotti has fixed price (release clause) for team outside Italy. So he might be the best option available for now. He is Mourinho's first choice, but he failed to sign him, then he turned to the second option, Lukaku. On a positive note, MU fans couldn't mocking us anymore, because we got their first choice striker.

Everybody's price is negotiable if the sellers are willing negotiate.