test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

Alvaro Morata

Started by Captain Ahmed,

1,496 posts in this topic

It looks like Madrid asked for too much for Morata. If United cannot sign him,i am not sure we can afford him. 

It looks like we screwed big time on Lukaku deal

44 minutes ago, communicate said:

It looks like Madrid asked for too much for Morata. If United cannot sign him,i am not sure we can afford him. 

It looks like we screwed big time on Lukaku deal

That can't be Lukaku was even more expensive than Morata

Knowing our board they will put bid for Morata after he agree to join Milan (same as Lukaku with United) and they will be like "we tried but...", this is becoming pathetic, we need atleast 4-5 new players and to sign them quickly, but our board is doing nothing, another fucked up season incoming and Conte will be one who is blamed for potentially bad results 

10 minutes ago, manpe said:

So they sign both Belotti and Morata? :carlo:

I think their president said, months ago, that he wants both and they will work well together

17 minutes ago, lucio said:

I think their president said, months ago, that he wants both and they will work well together

Wtf? That is like a dream partnership worth nearly 200 million combined.. fuck me how do they do it so easily?

They already signed Andre Silva for a pretty big price. Sounds like Milan's new ownership wants to do a PSG and simply hoover up as many big names and expensive players as quickly as they can to buy their way out of mediocrity.

Still not worried yet personally. The pool is shrinking for us, though!

24 minutes ago, lucio said:

I doubt that very much. They already got Andre Silva last month for €40M and if they get Morata now too I don't see them going for a third new expensive striker in the same window. Then again I didn't really see Milan buying this many players to begin with, so anything's possible.

No smoke without fire, Morata's off to Milan. Wouldn't even surprise me one bit if the fee was something like €50M + bonuses while English clubs got quoted €80-90M up front.

32 minutes ago, lucio said:

ahahahaha 

no way both to milan

one of them could become a chelsea player 

7 minutes ago, Jype said:

I doubt that very much. They already got Andre Silva last month for €40M and if they get Morata now too I don't see them going for a third new expensive striker in the same window. Then again I didn't really see Milan buying this many players to begin with, so anything's possible.

No smoke without fire, Morata's off to Milan. Wouldn't even surprise me one bit if the fee was something like €50M + bonuses while English clubs got quoted €80-90M up front.

Maybe we are waiting to see what the price will be to then match it. 

Fernando likes this

10 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Maybe we are waiting to see what the price will be to then match it. 

Yeah, that worked out brilliantly with Lukaku and that's even with him initially wanting to join Chelsea.

Leaving it that late is just stupid and hijacking deals at that point is really rare. Of course there's always the odd Willian who will get their head turned at the last minute but usually if negotiations have gone that far the decision to join a club is already made.

Fernando and kellzfresh like this

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I refuse to believe it, I also am more inclined to think it's us not willing to match prices quoted. This is now a sellers market, if you don't pay it, you ain't getting it.

To be fair, maybe the board is hesitant on spending such a big amount on one player (e.g. if you look at all the players we've been linked with, apart from Alex Sandro, every other rumor/bid has been well below 45 million...probably the reason why United got Lukaku instead of us).

I'll be interested to see who we sign as Belotti seems to prefer Milan and there hasn't been any real evidence of us bidding for Aubameyang (even though their CEO is 'waiting' for offers)

5 minutes ago, Jype said:

Yeah, that worked out brilliantly with Lukaku and that's even with him initially wanting to join Chelsea.

Leaving it that late is just stupid and hijacking deals at that point is really rare. Of course there's always the odd Willian who will get their head turned at the last minute but usually if negotiations have gone that far the decision to join a club is already made.

Is their actually proof that Lukaku wanted to join us in this transfer window...because I don't recall him saying anything about Chelsea, he just wanted to step up in his career, wanted to play for a top club. 

If I remember correctly, he mentioned something like 'B**S***' when he was linked to Chelsea...so I'm guessing he knew United were in for him, they were probably just trying to keep things under wraps whilst the Rooney deal got finalized. 

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Is their actually proof that Lukaku wanted to join us in this transfer window...because I don't recall him saying anything about Chelsea, he just wanted to step up in his career, wanted to play for a top club. 

If I remember correctly, he mentioned something like 'B**S***' when he was linked to Chelsea...so I'm guessing he knew United were in for him, they were probably just trying to keep things under wraps whilst the Rooney deal got finalized. 

He made the 'bullshit' comment when everyone thought him playing five-a-side on a Chelsea sponsored pitch meant the move was confirmed. Nothing wrong with that and I'd say it's only fair to squash the rumours if not for anything else than respect for the club at the time still paying his wages, which was Everton.

Pretty well trusted journos have said Lukaku and Conte had been talking on the phone about a possible move since last season ended so I'm guessing he did want to come. That, and all the talk about his supposed 'unfinished business' earlier in the year. Players rarely come out in public to discuss this stuff because their contracts obligate them to be loyal, and after getting the move to another club they're hardly going to say it was only their second choice. With Lukaku transfer Chelsea just didn't act fast enough so when United came in and had no problem paying all parties what they wanted, the move was completed very quickly. United spent all of June negotiating for Morata because even they thought Lukaku was destined to return to Chelsea and only entered the fray when Mino Raiola let them know that deal to CFC had stalled and they still had a chance to get Lukaku. 

Fernando and kellzfresh like this