test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

Alvaro Morata

Started by Captain Ahmed,

1,496 posts in this topic
19 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

This still in the cards?-

My feeling is that Morata is still our no.1 target for the striker position and that we are flirting with Belotti and Aubameyang to get the price down. But I am optimistic we will get Morata in the end. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

My feeling is that Morata is still our no.1 target for the striker position and that we are flirting with Belotti and Aubameyang to get the price down. But I am optimistic we will get Morata in the end. 

Tricky one atm, the only links I see is for PEA.

To me I feel it is a trick to get Belloti at low price from torino so that they can give us Bolleti at our asking price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 minutes ago, 1chelsea said:

To me I feel it is a trick to get Belloti at low price from torino so that they can give us Bolleti at our asking price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Problem with that is roma don't want to sell Belotti.

Out of all the scenarios regarding our striker situation we might seriously end up with the worst one in the end. I honestly can't believe that there's people who rate Morata highly; this guy has ZERO presence and game-changing attributes. He's the type of player people will always make excuses for and will continue to buy into the hype for simply "because his technique is good". If I should be wrong quote me on all of this for all I care.

It's Belotti or bust, and hell, I have never even seen Belotti play. Just keep Morata away from my club.

Strike, The Skipper and DDA like this

21 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Point is mate morata got RM 13 points with his goals if he didn't they wouldn't of won the league, sugar coat it all u want that's fact lol.

To be honest, those stats doesn't make any sense. How did he won RM 13 points? Those stats are only based in goals, I'm sure if Benteke was there in RM he would have scored the same amount of goals and "get" at least 13 points. 

Those stats about points won by a specific player are always misleading. Actually its never a good thing when people star to throw those numbers to prove a player is really good. 

Strike, Amblève. and Peace. like this

6 minutes ago, Henrique said:

To be honest, those stats doesn't make any sense. How did he won RM 13 points? Those stats are only based in goals, I'm sure if Benteke was there in RM he would have scored the same amount of goals and "get" at least 13 points. 

Those stats about points won by a specific player are always misleading. Actually its never a good thing when people star to throw those numbers to prove a player is really good. 

It goes of say real Madrid 0-0 Real S if morata scores at Madrid win 1-0 he earn them 3 points because of the winning goal lol.

1 hour ago, BluesMadLad said:

It goes of say real Madrid 0-0 Real S if morata scores at Madrid win 1-0 he earn them 3 points because of the winning goal lol.

That goal might be no more than a tap in, or a GK howler. Again, just throwing numbers doesn't mean anything. I'm not saying he is not good, he definitely is, but those stats people are posting make him look like as important as Ronaldo for Madri last season, or even as deadly as Messi. Thats my point.

The Skipper likes this

I don't understand how people come up with shit like "Oh, he was on the bench for Madrid, he isn't good enough, we don't want rejects."

I bet they haven't seen more than 3 games of Morata in their lives, or hell, even one half of Belotti.

It's important to note that in many games that Morata started, he started with Madrid's second string side, consisting of James, Asensio, Nacho, Danilo etc. It wasn't always Ronaldo/Bale/Benzema. So the whole any striker would have scored 15 goals, doesn't really apply the way people on here ae applying it.

Morata has amazing link up play, will come deep to collect the ball and his fake runs are a thing of beauty. I feel he needs to be a bit better at winning Aerial Duels for the stature he possesses. Apart form that, he can finish, he can take long shots, get into good poisitions and has something no other striker in the market has, that's vision. Can pick a pass out. 

1 hour ago, AK-3001 said:

I don't understand how people come up with shit like "Oh, he was on the bench for Madrid, he isn't good enough, we don't want rejects."

I bet they haven't seen more than 3 games of Morata in their lives, or hell, even one half of Belotti.

It's important to note that in many games that Morata started, he started with Madrid's second string side, consisting of James, Asensio, Nacho, Danilo etc. It wasn't always Ronaldo/Bale/Benzema. So the whole any striker would have scored 15 goals, doesn't really apply the way people on here ae applying it.

I watch a lot of Real Madrid games, there are many players i would take at Chelsea who are on Real Madrid bench. So there is nothing wrong with that. Morata is decent, i don't think he is good enough to lead the line by himself.

I don't understand your second point. You realize Asensio, James, and Isco are much more creative players to play with than Bale and Ronaldo? You are far more likely to score when those two are not on the pitch. Real rotated their players; James, Isco, Asensio, Kovacic, and Lucas are all very good players. So much damn quality on that bench. 

The Skipper and Amblève. like this

17 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Problem with that is roma don't want to sell Belotti.

If Roma attempt to sell you Belotti, check the paperwork very carefully. :)

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

If Roma attempt to sell you Belotti, check the paperwork very carefully. :)

I noticed that as soon as I pressed submit reply I just went to sleep n left it lmao 

OhForAGreavsie likes this

17 hours ago, Henrique said:

Jesus, I can't believe people keep throwing those numbers. Minutes per goal in this case is really misleading. I mean, Morata was a sub, and he usually played against weak sides. I'm sure Batshuay got some huge minutes per goal rate, specially when the stats are just arbitrary as this one (minimum 13 goal scored). So,  Batshuay must be king of minutes per goal rate* (*minimum 5 goals scored).

Morata is just not worth this kind of silly money Real is asking. This is the kind of player you get for 30m, or 40m in an inflated market, as it seems right now, but 70m for a player that was on the bench for most part of the season, and scored only 15 league goals in previous 2 Seria A seasons is something that doesn't make any kind of sense.

Modric and Marcelo nowhere to be seen on that last list, and they were arguably Madrid's most important players last year. It doesn't mean anything whatsoever. People try to use it as justification that he's some sort of important player for Real when truth is he isn't at all. 

It truly boggles my mind that this guy will go for anything above £40m. 

16 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Point is mate morata got RM 13 points with his goals if he didn't they wouldn't of won the league, sugar coat it all u want that's fact lol.

How do you know that? You're telling me Real don't have enough talent for someone else to step up?

OhForAGreavsie and Henrique like this

5 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Modric and Marcelo nowhere to be seen on that last list, and they were arguably Madrid's most important players last year. It doesn't mean anything whatsoever. People try to use it as justification that he's some sort of important player for Real when truth is he isn't at all. 

It truly boggles my mind that this guy will go for anything above £40m. 

I really like Morata and would love to have him here. So much so that I'm increasingly in favour of a 3-5-2 to accommodate him. You are however right, both in fact and in principle.

The stat that this player, or that player, won a particular point is among the silliest claims made by the number crunchers.

Premier League clubs need to pause for a moment and consider how they are hurting their league with their spending habits. Madrid's decision to bring Morata back was, in my view, a purely money making exercise. If they succeed in selling a player they don't really want for £80m, a player they clearly do not believe will hurt them if he joins a potential CL opponent, then how are our clubs ever going to close the gap to the Spanish Giants? Such spending only bolsters the selling team's ability to out compete us. The money we pay to them subsidises their wages and transfer budgets.

I have believed for years that premier League clubs should stop competing on transfer fees, and compete harder on wages instead. An interesting league, featuring popular, competitive football is an attractive prospect. Top that up with £300,000 - £400,000pw and the better players, the ones who mostly prefer the continental giants at the moment, will be more likely to want to make a fuss to join our clubs. We'll have a better chance to get the absolute cream and we'll stop subsidising overseas clubs ability to match the wages we pay.

Consider Morata. If we tempt the player with a starting spot and £300,000pw, the chances are he would not have returned to Madrid in the first place, but, since he has, there is now a big fee to pay them. When amortised over five years, the difference between a £40m fee, and an £80m fee is an extra £160,000pw. Are £300,000pw - £400,000pw wages feasible? For the right players they are, yes.

The Premier League got rich, but it has not yet found the courage to get smart. Any PL club wanting to claim the £153,000,000 prize, doesn't have to run faster than the monsters in Munich, Madrid, Milan and elsewhere, it just has to run faster than the other teams in Manchester, London and Liverpool. So what if a club is stocked up with overpriced, middling players? As long as their overpriced players are better than their national competitors overpriced players what do they care?

Maybe the 16% drop in TV viewing figures will help them find the courage to stop taking the easy way out.

The Skipper and Magic Lamps like this

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

How do you know that? You're telling me Real don't have enough talent for someone else to step up?

Am not saying that mate. But fact Is he earned them 13 points 1 less then Ronaldo stat wise