test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

Alvaro Morata

Started by Captain Ahmed,

1,451 posts in this topic

He's a great player but if we sign him we shall change the scheme to either a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2 or sell Costa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously why is he so highly rated? 11 goas in 52 matches at Real Madrid, 27 goals in 93 matches for Juve.

 

Of course he is very talented and he often plays good in big matches but he just doesn't score enough and he is 24..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Spike said:

 

It's not always about sheer numbers or what is palpable on a spreadsheet. Brevity of goals scored, movement, vision, intelligence is often difficult to quantify and express through numbers and data. From what I've seen Alvaro Morata is a forward with a physical presence, intelligent movement and the technical skill to utilise both feet and head. Maybe that isn't what you desire in a striker but be sure that he has qualities that managers lust for otherwise he'd never have been playing for Real Madrid or Juventus. 

Spot on. This exactly why we should be after him. We need a striker that's actually a properly great footballer. Diego Costa is a brilliant goal scorer and is excellent off the ball, but he's admittedly quite limited technically.

Morata wouldn't need to score 20-25 goals to be considered a success.

roba3y and Tomo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Spot on. This exactly why we should be after him. We need a striker that's actually a properly great footballer. Diego Costa is a brilliant goal scorer and is excellent off the ball, but he's admittedly quite limited technically.

Morata wouldn't need to score 20-25 goals to be considered a success.

Well, it does look like we are seeing the rebirth of England's beloved 4-4-2. Football lives in cycles and it seems to me that we are witnessing the return of the 'big striker' 'little striker' dichotomy. Of course, strictly speaking I'm not just referring to their physical sizes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well, it does look like we are seeing the rebirth of England's beloved 4-4-2. Football lives in cycles and it seems to me that we are witnessing the return of the 'big striker' 'little striker' dichotomy. Of course, strictly speaking I'm not just referring to their physical sizes.

Yeah, and PL defenses already struggle against just a single striker. Imagine if teams had to not only deal with Costa but also another highly mobile striker. Then they'd still have Hazard and Willian to worry about too.

Look at the problems Watford gave everyone including the big clubs like ourselves and Arsenal by playing two up top. Or West Ham at times. It can certainly be highly effective even in modern football.

Spike and bellion like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, and PL defenses already struggle against just a single striker. Imagine if teams had to not only deal with Costa but also another highly mobile striker. Then they'd still have Hazard and Willian to worry about too.

Look at the problems Watford gave everyone including the big clubs like ourselves and Arsenal by playing two up top. Or West Ham at times. It can certainly be highly effective even in modern football.

 

That is the thing. I believe 4-4-2 is modern football!

Kieran. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Spike said:

 

That is the thing. I believe 4-4-2 is modern football!

No doubt, football has evolved again and 4-4-2 is modern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

No doubt, football has evolved again and 4-4-2 is modern.

I cannot think of all the examples (perhaps you can help with that) but I know for a fact that Real Madrid and Atletico have both employed the 4-4-2 in the past two years. Even as Pizy said clubs like Watford and West Ham are enjoying the new found success with this approach. I could be wrong but I do believe that Max Allegri's Juventus are also fond of the 4-4-2. 

I find great joy in the irony of England's best chances lying in the 4-4-2. For years Three Lions managers struggled to let go of this tactic and now that everything has come full circle; England's once weakness could be a strength.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Spike said:

I cannot think of all the examples (perhaps you can help with that) but I know for a fact that Real Madrid and Atletico have both employed the 4-4-2 in the past two years. Even as Pizy said clubs like Watford and West Ham are enjoying the new found success with this approach. I could be wrong but I do believe that Max Allegri's Juventus are also fond of the 4-4-2. 

I find great joy in the irony of England's best chances lying in the 4-4-2. For years Three Lions managers struggled to let go of this tactic and now that everything has come full circle; England's once weakness could be a strength.

Man City used it to great effect just before Pellegrini went there with Agüero, Dzeko, Negredo, etc. A more traditional #9 (Dzeko) paired with a supremely gifted and technical one in Agüero. 

Liverpool used Suarez and Sturridge very effectively together. Two technically gifted strikers can work too.

Spike likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spike said:

 

It's not always about sheer numbers or what is palpable on a spreadsheet. Brevity of goals scored, movement, vision, intelligence is often difficult to quantify and express through numbers and data. From what I've seen Alvaro Morata is a forward with a physical presence, intelligent movement and the technical skill to utilise both feet and head. Maybe that isn't what you desire in a striker but be sure that he has qualities that managers lust for otherwise he'd never have been playing for Real Madrid or Juventus. 

Good call, I agree, but goals are still very important. We really need a scorer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Spike said:

 

It's not always about sheer numbers or what is palpable on a spreadsheet. Brevity of goals scored, movement, vision, intelligence is often difficult to quantify and express through numbers and data. From what I've seen Alvaro Morata is a forward with a physical presence, intelligent movement and the technical skill to utilise both feet and head. Maybe that isn't what you desire in a striker but be sure that he has qualities that managers lust for otherwise he'd never have been playing for Real Madrid or Juventus. 

Im a juventino, i can tell you that the worst fault of Morata is when run with the ball with the head down without seeing the game. Another weakness is his mentally, this year he has been very very inconstant beacause of his girlfriend...

He has got great physical skills, fast run, good technical quality.

I love Alvaro

lucio likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DelPiero10 said:

Im a juventino, i can tell you that the worst fault of Morata is when run with the ball with the head down without seeing the game. Another weakness is his mentally, this year he has been very very inconstant beacause of his girlfriend...

He has got great physical skills, fast run, good technical quality.

I love Alvaro

Do u think conte would do a good job at Chelsea mate?? And who's the better manager between Allegri or Conte??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

The names mentioned I like a lot....the likes of Morata, Lukaku and Huguain etc but I would love us to really be bold and push for Aubameyang, that lad is some player.

Aubameyang pace is scary i think Aubameyang would do well in the PL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DelPiero10 said:

this year he has been very very inconstant beacause of his girlfriend...

To be fair to him, some women can be stressing beyond every boundary known to man :D

Beepu likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, the wes said:

Do u think conte would do a good job at Chelsea mate?? And who's the better manager between Allegri or Conte??

I think Conte will do SURELY a good job, he is perfect for teams that need to rebuild. It will be a test for him to understand if he will "only" a very good coach or a TOP coach like Mou, Guardiola, Ancelotti etc. etc.

Conte or Allegri? I can write a book about this question! :D

Conte has resurrected Juventus, he made a miracle (he won immediatelu Scudetto after two 7th position...) and he was the idol for all juventini (he was the Juve's Capitano when he was player). WAS an idol: why? He abandoned us like dogs, 2 days after the pre-season because he said that Juve couldn't improve after 102 points in Serie A...bullshit! With Allegri UCL final...Scudetto, Coppa Italia...

Allegri is totally the opposite as a man: Conte is a sergeant, strict coach; Allegri is more relaxed, more suitable to manage a team with great player. Allegri is a manager, Conte is a coach...

I can'è do a ranking, they are very different from each other but they are both winners...

Blue-in-me-Veins and CHOULO19 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now