Direction of this club

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a change is needed, probably in the youth and transfer policy. You can't ask instant success of a manager because it does render him unable to integrate the youth and promising players into the team. It has become instant success or doom. Bad for the footballing world.

Here is my view on us atm.

This season fuck knows what went wrong here. thats all for that lol

Going into the future, ill be honest i dont really know much about Conte so cannot really judge him but atm the take it as a positive.

With transfers this summer i really dont know who the hell we are going to sign, lets be honest who is going to want to join a table that just makes it into the top 10 no European football, I fear if we cannot sign 3 top players this summer we are in for another season as the current one. And with that being said it could take while for us to get to the top again 

People who didn't expect or see this season coming have been burying their heads in the sand.

This season has been teased since the days of Scolari. We've had plenty of seasons since then just like this one, only to manage to pull it back someway (qualify for/win the champions league, win the FA Cup, win the Europa League).

It can be reasonably argued that those previous seasons were recovered by big performances from some of the club's legends, and that is a big reason why they are as such.

However, it can be argued just as much that change has been needed for years and the reason why it hasn't ever been followed through is these same players have resisted it. It's pretty common knowledge that the likes of Cech, Ballack and Drogba fell out with Scolari, and Lampard and Ashley Cole likewise with AVB. 

It's partly why I'm not completely against Terry leaving. He will always be a legend here, one of the very best, but no player will last forever and I do get the feeling that the club will never fully embrace change until all of the old guard are gone.

I see lots of clubs now playing with so much intensity, closing down all across the pitch, with pace and a fearless attitude and then I watch us playing at times such a cautious, pedestrian way. It has worked for us over the last decade but football evolves and we must too. 

Until we do this, the board and the club as a whole cannot be truly assessed...

It's actually quite fitting in a perverse way that Mourinho and Hiddink have between them overseen our worst season for over two decades.

Before Jose's return, every time things were going not great with managers Jose's shadow loomed large, and after Hiddinks first spell their was always the temptation to call for him to save us. They are the only two managers that have ever really given us an aura of inviciblility.

After this season I highly doubt we will be chanting for Jose (beyond sentimental) any time soon and while IMO Hiddink has done an admirable job, he has frustrated heavily with team lineup and tactics and isn't a patch on his 2009 self.

For years I didn't actually want either manager to ever return (changed my mind after the AVB debarcle re Jose), my main worry was actually what has happened, that it won't be as good as the first time and would put dents in the legacy they built, but now it's happened, it could help us move on to the new era. 

Even away from the actual football it feels like Chelsea as a club is being left behind. At the very least we've planned super poorly. Talking of the stadium situation here.

Arsenal have a big new stadium, Spuds are going to have a brilliant new stadium very soon, Liverpool are in the process of expanding Anfield, City already expanded the Etihad, and even fucking West Ham have possibly the best brand new stadium in the country. We on the other hand seem to be years and years behind.

All of those I've just named seem to be progressing both on and off the pitch whilst we're basically in limbo. How much longer will players look at Chelsea as a more attractive destination than those clubs? Not finishing in the CL places next season is unthinkable. Could have massive impact for years on the club.

19 hours ago, Billy. said:

Here is my view on us atm.

This season fuck knows what went wrong here. thats all for that lol

Going into the future, ill be honest i dont really know much about Conte so cannot really judge him but atm the take it as a positive.

With transfers this summer i really dont know who the hell we are going to sign, lets be honest who is going to want to join a table that just makes it into the top 10 no European football, I fear if we cannot sign 3 top players this summer we are in for another season as the current one. And with that being said it could take while for us to get to the top again 

While i agree that we can't sign any A-grade, elite players,due to our lack of CL, we can still sign some good players. Nainggolan for example isn't an elite player but would still improve us significantly.

It's gonna take time  to get us back to the top level. You don't go from finishing 10th in the league to competing with Bayern, Barcelona and Real Madrid with just 1 good summer window.

Next season should be about 1 thing and 1 thing only, a top four finish.

I'm optimistic though. If Conte can get Hazard, Fabregas and Costa to perform at their normal level then we're good to go on the attacking side.

Conte's just going to have to shore up our defense to stop us from leaking in goals while adding some fight and steel to our midfield.

Im Not sure how I feel about us being linked with lots of players in their late 20s (Radja, Bonnucci, Higuain, Vidal and now Matudi).

I'm not against signing late 20 or early 30 players per se, but too many of them could see a repeat of what happened in 10/11 somewhere down the line and I don't think anyone wants that.

Although having said that, if we sign as many as three of them players mentioned above then top 4 would be almost certain (and would argubably make us second favorite's for the title behind Pep's City), and its vital we get back in next season.

21 hours ago, positivefootball said:

We will see when Roman leaves with his millions of $, how many people will stay on this site. Keep dreaming of signing Pogba without Romans $$$$. Pathetic plastics.

We don't want Pogba, we'd rather Roman gone and finally have youth integration, so that we use players of our own for once, instead of trying to buy United products for 80m. 

Being the only club on the face of the earth with a hierarchy that reacts to the idea of using their own academy like it'll cause cancer isn't to be ignored. It shows where the owner's head and heart is. Trophies, not people. Clubs are about people. He celebrates wins with himself and his family, he doesn't celebrate with us. He doesn't love the fans, he loves himself and the fact he has a lovely toy. 

There's plenty rich men out there who'll have developed a passion for our club over the last decade or so who'd make us do a 180 in this situation. What'd be ideal is if 10 of our ex players got together, bought the club from Roman, and elected Drogba as head of our new empire. 

Also, why not just get a Sheikh? One that hires a competent board and allows them to do their job, while he remains an investor, because money is what you are good at if you have that much wealth, not football. (Why does Roman meddle so much? It's like if i were to buy Subway because i really like the franchise, and change all the flavours to my personal taste regardless of detriment to the business and the fact I know fuck all about flavour chemistry.)

We've been one man's personal project too long.

The way this club is run is fucking annoying and I'm getting more and more irritated by it every season.

You see youth as just a way to make a few million quid? Fine, but don't treat our legends - players who have literally put in blood, sweat and tears for this club - like they aren't special to us. We aren't respected by the Chelsea board, they don't give a shit about the fans, the legends, or anything else except money. And I'm fucking sick of it.

23 minutes ago, Leif said:

We don't want Pogba, we'd rather Roman gone and finally have youth integration, so that we use players of our own for once, instead of trying to buy United products for 80m. 

Being the only club on the face of the earth with a hierarchy that reacts to the idea of using their own academy like it'll cause cancer isn't to be ignored. It shows where the owner's head and heart is. Trophies, not people. Clubs are about people. He celebrates wins with himself and his family, he doesn't celebrate with us. He doesn't love the fans, he loves himself and the fact he has a lovely toy. 

There's plenty rich men out there who'll have developed a passion for our club over the last decade or so who'd make us do a 180 in this situation. What'd be ideal is if 10 of our ex players got together, bought the club from Roman, and elected Drogba as head of our new empire. 

Also, why not just get a Sheikh? One that hires a competent board and allows them to do their job, while he remains an investor, because money is what you are good at if you have that much wealth, not football. (Why does Roman meddle so much? It's like if i were to buy Subway because i really like the franchise, and change all the flavours to my personal taste regardless of detriment to the business and the fact I know fuck all about flavour chemistry.)

We've been one man's personal project too long.

How do you exactly know that he doesn´t "love" the fans? I always thought he is very passionate about this club. He has always been in the background, which is not bad at all for us. I don´t understand why you criticize him for celebrating our trophies with his family. What else should he do? Do you expect him to show up in a local pub near Stamford Bridge drinking beer with some strange supporters? And for the Sheiks, it´s a bit contradicting when you say Roman doesn´t care for the fans when the Sheiks of City or PSG are even more alien for the supporters I suppose.

I understand it when people are angry at Romans "yes- men" at our club, who have too much power, but without his financial help we wouldn´t have won half as many trophies in the last ten years.

On 5/9/2016 at 2:52 PM, Beigl said:

How do you exactly know that he doesn´t "love" the fans? I always thought he is very passionate about this club. He has always been in the background, which is not bad at all for us. I don´t understand why you criticize him for celebrating our trophies with his family. What else should he do? Do you expect him to show up in a local pub near Stamford Bridge drinking beer with some strange supporters? And for the Sheiks, it´s a bit contradicting when you say Roman doesn´t care for the fans when the Sheiks of City or PSG are even more alien for the supporters I suppose.

I understand it when people are angry at Romans "yes- men" at our club, who have too much power, but without his financial help we wouldn´t have won half as many trophies in the last ten years.

We also would've been more of a football club and less of a soulless business. I'd sacrifice a couple trophies if we actually treated our legends right etc. I think that it's telling that he's never directly spoken to the supporters. Personal opinion though I understand where you're coming from. I've always been kind of weary of Roman - shady, ultrarich businessman so I'm a little more critical of him than others..

We also would've been more of a football club and less of a soulless business. I'd sacrifice a couple trophies if we actually treated our legends right etc. I think that it's telling that he's never directly spoken to the supporters. Personal opinion though I understand where you're coming from. I've always been kind of weary of Roman - shady, ultrarich businessman so I'm a little more critical of him than others..

Yeah I know what you mean. But we actually had a 'soul' when Abramovich was here from 2003-2013 I would say. The growing distance between fans and players is sadly the direction world football has taken.

I'm not online that often anymore bcs of my work. But boy what a shitty season. Some players at least admitted they were at fault for mous exit. Like Fab telling the truth: "Mourinho trusted us too much and gave us extended hollidays". We suffered from this. Our player weren't hungry enough. Matic went from hero to zero this season, Fabregas was like shit, Hazard did have oh wait, one good game yesterday? Mou was right, for criticising players for being too soft.

I still can't belive whats going on with Terry though and i think he will stay... remember "The Terry/City-Situation" fiver years ago? Think this will End the same way. A few highlights have been..... uhm... The many youngsters gett'n a go. RLC, Traore and Willian being as good as he was. The Club did seem to think they don't need fresh blood. Okay we've got pedro... but he didn't leave for no reason.

I somehow like the look of Conte, and I will se for next season. Smells a bit like when Mou came back. Successfull manager abroad, coming to english leauge to help a Midtable league... Okay Mou was much more unproven und wasn't NAt-Coach, but still I'm hopefull we'll see some good transfers und many young Players. Go on with what Guus started.