Player of the Season?

Toss up between Willian and Fabregas for me. I would go for Fabregas, much maligned, and had a long poor spell (still has a bit of Arsenal in him), but can be a match winner on his day.

But the one who put a shift in 99% of the time is Willian so gets my vote.

PS someone put up one of those Poll things. Cheers

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a non-competition this year. The answer is so obvious that I bet people know who I mean even when I don't mention his name. Hint: he has a mean 'fro. He will win too, no doubt about it.

Fabregas? Up until January he was wank, like playing with 10 men and one of the main culprits why we were flirting with the relegation zone. Hell to the no. Azpilicueta is a good shout, but he's not been himself these past few months. He may get players' player of the year, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Young player of the season? Lofty Cheeks or Traore, but probably Cheeky.

3 minutes ago, Term-X said:

There 100% definitely shouldn't be any form of 'ceremony' this season, why on earth would they organise one after this season. Send out a message ffs...

Absolutely. No doubt Willian deserves his award but no-one else deserves it, the club shouldn't host one tbh.

4 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

We really shouldn't, but we'll no doubt have a ceremony this season because the club wants to make money and get media attention by attracting celebrities. 

Not necessarily Chou. Many clubs, on their own prerogative, cancel POTY award nights and Xmas dos etc if the team isn't performing.

Villa have cancelled theirs this season and I'm sure I remember Fergie/Redknapp infamously cancelling theirs once..

40 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Not necessarily Chou. Many clubs, on their own prerogative, cancel POTY award nights and Xmas dos etc if the team isn't performing.

Villa have cancelled theirs this season and I'm sure I remember Fergie/Redknapp infamously cancelling theirs once..

Ah, but we're not a 'club', are we? We're a 'brand'! :rolleyes: