Chelsea 2-2 Spurs

Jase

3 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Agreed F,B,especially about the massive clear out. Can honestly say everyone in the starting eleven's place is in jeopardy next season bar maybe Fabregas who I don't particularly like or rate but I think Conte does.

You might want to add Hazard to the list of players who need to stay. I'd like to see Conte getting the best out of him again next season, and I reckon he can...

But completely agree, there's so much deadwood in our side that need to be turfed out over the summer! Ivanovic and Oscar clearly top of that list!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, chrismada9 said:

You might want to add Hazard to the list of players who need to stay. I'd like to see Conte getting the best out of him again next season, and I reckon he can...

But completely agree, there's so much deadwood in our side that need to be turfed out over the summer! Ivanovic and Oscar clearly top of that list!

I said starting eleven but Hazard has to stay and get his confidence back. We all know what he's capable of and hopefully tonight's 45 minute cameo will be Eden on the road back to his brilliant best.

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

For all the euphoria tonight at depriving those N17 cunts of a title, perhaps a bit of perspective.

Last kick of the game, a 25 yard free kick, its 2-2 against our most hated rivals. Its played into the corner.

Sums up the season for me. Spineless, no burning desire for 3 points, clearout required.

You know I didn't even think about that. I was so focused on handing Leicester the title.

4 minutes ago, Captain Ahmed said:

Funny to know that TottenHAHAHAm is not able to beat  us at the Bridge since 1990.

Breaking news:Kane was knockout today

kane.PNG

trust me when we were 2 goals down I was super pissed for the same reason that they might actually defeat us!

1 hour ago, Strike said:

The defense was all over the place at times. Ivanovic surely has to go after the season he has had. 

Nah they will give him the captain's armband and he will be first choice right-back again next season.  So you can forget about any Top 4 placement.

The same way last season I never knew how could the game between us and West Ham provide only 1 goal, I will never know how Spurs finished the game with 11 men. At least, they ALL could witness the end od their dreams.

Enjoyed a Chelsea after long time ... the moment Rose made that tackle on Willian & the way he responded back, I told to myself we are no ways losing this game. Very Gritty performance in the second half and what a way to end Spurs title hopes ... Second half was pure entertainment!!! 

12 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

For all the euphoria tonight at depriving those N17 cunts of a title, perhaps a bit of perspective.

Last kick of the game, a 25 yard free kick, its 2-2 against our most hated rivals. Its played into the corner.

Sums up the season for me. Spineless, no burning desire for 3 points, clearout required.

On the contrary FB, I think it showed a burning desire to give us fans what we wanted. Namely, a mathematical end to Tottenham's title challenge. In the upcoming games against Sunderland, Liverpool or Leicester it would not be acceptable, but last night the ball into the corner was exactly the right decision to achieve that objective. Stopping Spurs was not one of our aims at the beginning of the season, but since they all went up in smoke this was all that was left. The secret to success in life is to get on with doing what you can do and not waste time crying over spilt milk.

We couldn't win the league last night, we couldn't qualify for Europe or achieve anything meaningful for ourselves, but we could deny Spurs. I'm glad the players understood the importance of that and glad that they refused to swap the certainty of taking a point, for an outside chance of grabbing a meaningless win. In a different circumstance, a different decision would be called for, but not yesterday. Yesterday, putting the ball into the corner and taking the point was the right choice. Well played lads. Mission accomplished.

Another positive was achieved last night too; the continuation of this most enjoyable of all rivalries. Spurs fans are going to be frustrated about the result, and angry about the way we reacted to it. They will seethe away and long to redress the balance. Good. I love the way these fixtures matter to both clubs. We've faced each other in cup finals, semi finals, a relegation four-pointer (as it was then), title deciders and mid-table mediocrities. Regardless of whether everything, or nothing, is at stake however these fixtures always matter in their own right. Love it. Long may it continue. Spurs will have their days too and when they do, they will, quite rightly, crow about them. It's all part of the fun, part of what makes these fixtures such magnificent occasions. The more it hurts when you loose, the more pleasure it brings when you win. Last night can only enhance the rivalry and I'm grateful.