Survey - who should we keep and who should we let go?

36 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Here is my assessment on what's needed.

Goalkeeper 

Hopefully Courtois will stay, if he doesn't we must sell him to Madrid, purely because we could get Keylor Navas as part of the deal, if we lose Tibo the Costa Rican is the only keeper realistically attainable that wouldn't be an astronomical step down. If Begovic is happy to be the cup keeper keep him but if not sell him and find another back up, we won't get a #2 as good as him but I trust that Conte will find someone reasonably reliable. If we have the space give Amelia another year aswell, none of the youth keepers are good enough to be in the squad.

Fullback

Recall Ake, sell Baba, apart from that leave it, it needs more work in the long run but there are higher priorites this summer.

Centre back

Get rid of Cahill, hopefully find a way to get Andreas back, loan out Miazga, give JT another year, also sign an experienced centre back.

Central midfield

Needs the most work, two solid and athletic centre midfielders are needed, maybe say Kante and Naingollan and those two can rotate/compete with Ruben, I would keep Matic and give him a chance to get back on form but he will start as a squad player, Mikel can go.

Wing

I hope we go to 4-3-3 meaning back to just wingers Kenedy I don't rate as a winger and hope he gets developed at left back, I hope Musonda is brought back, him along with Hazard, Willian and Pedro will be good options in that position, especially if the Haz and Pedro find form.

Strikers

Well first things first, Falcao gone and hopefully Remy too, with only about 40-50 games next season I'm torn on whether to sign another player or risk going in with Costa and Traore meaning the latter will have plenty of development time, maybe try and extend Pato loan jf possible, or maybe enquire about Troy Deeney.

So in summary this is what I hope to see.

Keepers: Courtois, Begovic, Amelia.

Fullbacks: Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Ake, Kenedy.

Centre back: new signing, Christensen, Zouma, Terry.

Central midfield: Naingolan, Fabregas, Kante, Loftus Cheek, Matic, Baker.

Wing: Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Musonda.

Attack: Costa, Deeney, Traore.

Three top quality signing, four loan returns and a lot of the players responsible for this mess out and we have a much healthier looking squad, we have a lot of quality, sell the deadwood and bring in genuine quality and we are a different animal, take yesterday's game, it was won down the middle, swap Mikel for Kante/Naingolan and Cahill and Ivanovic for Christensen and a top centre half and we get a result yesterday.

Good review, but i have a few questions:

1) Are the fullbacks good enough for a whole season, what about their attacking abilities? I question their abilities and i think one more would do some good.
2) What about the physical power on the wings? Someone like Arnautovic would offer something new, our guys are quite similar, imo.
3) In the central midfield we would heavily rely on Fabregas (again), no one knows whether Baker is up to the job and otherwise we've got nothing.
4) Maybe we can get Benteke on loan, but with Costa, Deeney and Traoré we are good to go, but i think Costa and Traoré would be too little, United failed with a similar model this season, imo.

Regards!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Good review, but i have a few questions:

1) Are the fullbacks good enough for a whole season, what about their attacking abilities? I question their abilities and i think one more would do some good.
2) What about the physical power on the wings? Someone like Arnautovic would offer something new, our guys are quite similar, imo.
3) In the central midfield we would heavily rely on Fabregas (again), no one knows whether Baker is up to the job and otherwise we've got nothing.
4) Maybe we can get Benteke on loan, but with Costa, Deeney and Traoré we are good to go, but i think Costa and Traoré would be too little, United failed with a similar model this season, imo.

Regards!

Very good questions and i actually agree with you on number one and two, but I think that's a minor issue compared to the desperate need to sort the central areas out, I think/hope that's what Conte is going to make a massive priority, if we have the funds to make signings wide aswell, then ideal, but central area comes first this summer for me.

3. Do you mean with a creative edge or are you not a big fan of Kante and Raja?

4. That's true and with European footy I would never even entertain the idea, but I feel with Betrand being third choice he won't get a great deal of game's and it may open the door for Tammy to do a Rashford if disaster strikes and those two get injured at the same time.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Very good questions and i actually agree with you on number one and two, but I think that's a minor issue compared to the desperate need to sort the central areas out, I think/hope that's what Conte is going to make a massive priority, if we have the funds to make signings wide aswell, then ideal, but central area comes first this summer for me.

3. Do you mean with a creative edge or are you not a big fan of Kante and Raja?

4. That's true and with European footy I would never even entertain the idea, but I feel with Betrand being third choice he won't get a great deal of game's and it may open the door for Tammy to do a Rashford if disaster strikes and those two get injured at the same time.

Yes, very unlikely that we can solve all our problems and yes, i agree with you that we have bigger fish to fry. Central midfield > fuballbacks, as clear as daylight.
But if the money is there, just do it! In love with the pinpoint crosses from Rodriquez (Wolfsburg).
As mentioned above (Arnautovic), contract till 2017, so maybe there's a chance to get him on the cheap, would definitely say yes to him.

I trust Kanté and Nainggolan to get the job done, their defending abilities are fine, but they are no artists, a 40 yard pass it's not what their play is all about, but that's an absolute necessecity, imo.
A pass is much quicker than any run/dribbling and we need to cut defenses open, the cowards will sit back and wait for the perfect counter so we must make the play quicker.
It looks like Gundogan is done and dusted, shame because this dude would have helped us a lot.
I wouldn't trust Fabregas for 38 games, he clearly has his moments, but we should really light a fire under his ***. :)

Maybe we can play with two up front and i'm not speaking of Granovskaia. :P Or maybe he can play from time to time on the wings, Traoré seems like the real deal.
If Conte likes him he will find a way to make room for him, as simple as that.

5 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

While i agree that Pirlo is definitely better then Fabregas you can't really argue that they do have similar strenghts and weaknesses and are similar type of players (deep playmakers).

Both need time and space to be at their best which means they function best in deeper areas. Both also lack the legs and the defensive abilities to play DM so they both need help from other midfielders to not expose the team.

Pajnic can play the deep playmaker role  I would love to see kante Allan pajnic has are midfield trio next season I would have kante and Allan breaking up the play and have pajnic in the deep playmaker role 

The players that I feel need to be shipped out from the first team are

Ivanovich

Oscar

Remy

Mikel

Moses and Coutrado on loan should also be sold to generate funds. But too many new faces could upset the balance of the side as they would take time to settle in. That said, it took the current team over half a season to settle this season!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Starman60 said:

The players that I feel need to be shipped out from the first team are

Ivanovich

Oscar

Remy

Mikel

Moses and Coutrado on loan should also be sold to generate funds. But too many new faces could upset the balance of the side as they would take time to settle in. That said, it took the current team over half a season to settle this season!!!!!!!

What about Cahill he needs to go as well??

18 hours ago, the wes said:

Pajnic can play the deep playmaker role  I would love to see kante Allan pajnic has are midfield trio next season I would have kante and Allan breaking up the play and have pajnic in the deep playmaker role 

I  like that midfield too but i don't think Fabregas is going anywhere. There have been no reports of him leaving so i'm failry certain Fabregas will be part of our midfield next season.

19 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

All that was needed to be said, really.

This club right now needs defensive stability. You can't have a Kenedy in big games making silly mistakes, i'm all for taking him as second choice though, him or Aké.

The club need both defensive stability and offensive stability. I felt Mourinho made a mistake by focusing too much on the defensive stability and neglecting our offense.(Oscar on the 10, Azpi as left fullback, Ivanovic as rightback)

He sacrificed our offense for defensive stability and had our offense rely way too much on individual brilliance. I hope we don't make that same mistake next season and Conte finds the right balance.

I would be dissapointed if we didn't, at the very least, have one offensive minded fullback starting for us next season and i can't see us buying another fullback as i think centre midfield and central defence are in more dire need of a quality injection. 4 new starters is probably the maximum we're going to get for next season.

So i turn to Kenedy as like i said i have high hopes for him and think he could really add another dimension to our attack. Again i understand it would be a risk but i feel it's a risk worth taking.

Just now, the wes said:

Snap mate I agree with that

Which loanees would u bring into the sq for next season???

Christensen and Ake provided they will be afforded proper game time. I am also willing to give Cuadrado another chance under Conte. Christensen saves us signing another CB and Ake gives solid options for LB and DM as cover if nothing else. Both are home-grown too afaik, so I see why not start bedding them in. They are going 20+ already, are not sucking on mummy's titties anymore and have proven they can play with men like men.

2 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

I  like that midfield too but i don't think Fabregas is going anywhere. There have been no reports of him leaving so i'm failry certain Fabregas will be part of our midfield next season.

I think we should bring Lewis Baker back into the sq next season for cover  for fabregas what I have seen of Lewis Baker he has potential to play the deep playmaker role 

1 minute ago, the wes said:

I think we should bring Lewis Baker back into the sq next season for cover  for fabregas what I have seen of Lewis Baker he has potential to play the deep playmaker role 

Baker is a good shout, I've always rated him. But there is so much silence around him, it seems the fans are the only ones talking about him from time to time. There have been no signs from the club that they are looking to continue with him.

36 minutes ago, manpe said:

Christensen and Ake provided they will be afforded proper game time. I am also willing to give Cuadrado another chance under Conte. Christensen saves us signing another CB and Ake gives solid options for LB and DM as cover if nothing else. Both are home-grown too afaik, so I see why not start bedding them in. They are going 20+ already, are not sucking on mummy's titties anymore and have proven they can play with men like men.

I read that Cuadrado does want to come back to Chelsea if that the case I would sell him theres no point bring a player back who doesn't want to be at the bridge 

1 minute ago, the wes said:

I read that Cuadrado does want to come back to Chelsea if that the case I would sell him theres no point bring a player back who doesn't want to be at the bridge 

No worries, we also have Salah :D

2 minutes ago, lucio said:

nathan ake is a must, simply looks a far better left back than baba

I agree ake has been a solid left back for Watford this season I would loan out baba to a PL side next season