Survey - who should we keep and who should we let go?

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think he's decent but nothing special. Bamford couldn't get a game in that poor Palace side whose other strikers weren't exactly prolific. He's not good enough for us yet. Kalas I haven't seen or heard anything about in about a year so I can't comment.

I would let go of kalas and bamford both have had disappointed loan spells its time for Chelsea to cut the numbers down of loaning out players pointless keeping players who are not going to make it has Chelsea players 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Forgot about Musonda. Both he and Cuadrado would be useful additions to the squad but both are desperate to play every game which I doubt they'd do at Chelsea. Musonda for sure wouldn't.

I dont think thats the case with Musonda.

He was one of the best talents in the world and left out of our squad. Not even given an oppurtunities in dead rubbers by Jose. So of course he wanted out.

Kids like him would need a manager to trust them and play them every now and again. I think conte will.

As for cuadrado, he is a chelsea player. his contract runs out with juve as it was for a year. if we want, we can make him sit in the reserves. I simply dont buy into this Jose philosophy of selling every player who wants to leave. If we had held on to luis/kdb/lukaku, where would we be.

I would like this squad

Tibo(Bego)

Azpi(Aina) Zouma(Andreas) New CB(Youth player) Ake (Baba)

Radja(RLC) Imbula(Baker) Vidal(Musonda)

Willian (Cuadrado) Costa (Traore) Hazard (Kenedy)

Midfield needs a complete Revamp. I know Vidal is highly improbable. In that case, I am sure the club will have a plan B (hopefully its not someone of hector's quality). But for me, we need 3 quality midfielders and a quality CB to begin with.

We should revert back to 4-3-3 and build the team around Fabregas. There are few deep playmakers of his ability and instead of playing to his strengths we expect him to dictate our play and put in a huge defensive shift. If he plays, we don't need a number 10 to create.

2 mobile, busy midfielders alongside him would give him greater freedom to control the game for us and create chances. I would love RLC to be one of those players and I think he has the potential to be. I think the other we would need to bring in.

Took the survey and I'll post it here, too.

OUT: Begovic (still with some market value and Chelsea could get good money), Cahill, Ivanovic, Terry, Baba Rahman, Mikel, Matic, Oscar, Pedro, Remy, Moses, Djilobodji + Pato & Falcao.

Courtois - world class, but seems fed up with this club unfortunately. If a mega money offer comes in maybe Chelsea should look into it. But not some bollocks 25m offer. At least 45-50m. If not, keep him.

Azpilicueta - decent bloke, but an average defender at best. I feel Mourinho's bunker tactics made him look good all this time and this is just my personal view on him. Defensively he's ok, but suspect going forward and the modern full back needs to do more than a couple of tackles now and then. Phil Bardsley would look as good as Azpilicueta under Mourinho's tactics if he's made to stick to defending only and never cross the midfield line. Still, I voted keep him as he's the only decent player in that trainwreck of a back line.

Keep the others and let the youth develop properly. Next season will be about domestic competitions only, with matches every 7 days and no away trips to Europe. Plenty of time in between matches for senior players to recover and this is why I can't see Conte rotating too much. Unfortunately this is not good for the young players. Loftus-Cheek will probably stick with the first team, maybe another one or two youngesters, too. Rest of them should go out on loan and Chelsea must manage those deals properly.

Ake and Cuadrado back in the squad.

Charly Musonda, Boga, Pasalic, Izzy Brown, Lew Baker, Solanke - top of Chelsea's priorities in finding the best loan deals.

Christensen - great if Conte would bring him into the first team. If not he should stay at Gladbach. No reason to waste him on the bench here.

I know this is Football Manager type of transfer market in terms of departures/arrivals, but enough is enough. If this season is not the perfect example of bad management, then I don't know how a season like that could look. Now is the time to get rid of all the deadwood and start fresh.

9 minutes ago, chelseafan26 said:

I dont think thats the case with Musonda.

He was one of the best talents in the world and left out of our squad. Not even given an oppurtunities in dead rubbers by Jose. So of course he wanted out.

Kids like him would need a manager to trust them and play them every now and again. I think conte will.

As for cuadrado, he is a chelsea player. his contract runs out with juve as it was for a year. if we want, we can make him sit in the reserves. I simply dont buy into this Jose philosophy of selling every player who wants to leave. If we had held on to luis/kdb/lukaku, where would we be.

I would like this squad

Tibo(Bego)

Azpi(Aina) Zouma(Andreas) New CB(Youth player) Ake (Baba)

Radja(RLC) Imbula(Baker) Vidal(Musonda)

Willian (Cuadrado) Costa (Traore) Hazard (Kenedy)

Midfield needs a complete Revamp. I know Vidal is highly improbable. In that case, I am sure the club will have a plan B (hopefully its not someone of hector's quality). But for me, we need 3 quality midfielders and a quality CB to begin with.

we need a good back up striker for costa aswell???

2 minutes ago, chelseafan26 said:

I seriously think traore is good enough. We should not make the same mistakes we made with lukaku.

traore is useful player to have cause he can play on the wings aswell has a striker  i would sign another striker embolo would be perfect or experience player like lacazette

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

traore is useful player to have cause he can play on the wings aswell has a striker  i would sign another striker embolo would be perfect or experience player like lacazette

The point is, without CL/EL/European competitions, The team wont be strecthed too much. I would love it if traore had the sub/2nd striker role rather than sitting with the reserves all season long.

2 minutes ago, chelseafan26 said:

The point is, without CL/EL/European competitions, The team wont be strecthed too much. I would love it if traore had the sub/2nd striker role rather than sitting with the reserves all season long.

would u bring solanke into the sq or do u think we should loan him out again???

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

In order to be competitive and finish in the top 4:

Hazard----------------Costa--------------Willian

-----------------------New player--------------------

New player----------------------------New player

New player-----New player-----New player-----Azpi

------------------------Courtois------------------------

Hell of a job Conte has on his hands.

No way we're getting 6 new starters. Fabregas isn't going anywhere. Remember that Conte already has experience with a player similar to Fabregas (Pirlo).

Fairly certain that the sytem will revolve around Fabregas making him a key part of our build up play (Conte loves playing out from the back) while giving him proper protection so he doesn't become a liability.

Also at left back we've got Kenedy, Baba and Aké. They're aren't proven but might be worth taking a chance on as they've got potential especially Kenedy who i believe could be a worldclass left back if given the chance and proper guidance.

Hazard--------------Costa--------------Willian

---------New player------New player---------

---------------------Fabregas---------------------

Kenedy--New player--New player--Azpi

---------------------Courtois ---------------------

2 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

No way we're getting 6 new starters. Fabregas isn't going anywhere. Remember that Conte already has experience with a player similar to Fabregas (Pirlo).

:lol: Fairy ass ain't fit to lace Pirlo's boots. But given the fact the no other club (smart club) will want him, i guess he'll be staying here for the foreseeable future.
None of Aké, Kenedy and Baba are fit enough to be starters. Pick one and make him second choice to a proper LB, so one between Aké and Baba will have to go out on loan.

3 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

:lol: Fairy ass ain't fit to lace Pirlo's boots. But given the fact the no other club (smart club) will want him, i guess he'll be staying here for the foreseeable future.
None of Aké, Kenedy and Baba are fit enough to be starters. Pick one and make him second choice to a proper LB, so one between Aké and Baba will have to go out on loan.

While i agree that Pirlo is definitely better then Fabregas you can't really argue that they do have similar strenghts and weaknesses and are similar type of players (deep playmakers).

Both need time and space to be at their best which means they function best in deeper areas. Both also lack the legs and the defensive abilities to play DM so they both need help from other midfielders to not expose the team.

I was just saying that Conte has experience with developing a system that allows that type of player to play at his best position while offering adequate protection so they don't become a liability to the team.

Like i said i know " They're aren't proven but might be worth taking a chance on as they've got potential especially Kenedy "

I really have high hopes for Kenedy. I really feel he could be a top quality left back. Yes he's not used to playing there and he's not great defensively but when you look at great fullbacks, Marcelo, Alves, Alaba, Alba,...

They aren't exactly defensive juggernauts now are they ?

They aren't put there because of their defensive skills but their attacking skills. It would be the same for Kenedy. An attacking, pacey, skillful full back really adds a new dimension to the attack.

Would he make mistakes in his first season, ofcourse he would but i believe he'd more then make up for it with what he'd give us on the attack.

9 hours ago, the wes said:

would u bring solanke into the sq or do u think we should loan him out again???

Hmmm.. not sure mate. Depends. Is he good enough to be a 3rd striker? Would he benefit more from a season out on loan or with the 1st team getting 500 minutes (maybe) all season. I guess in that case we can rather have Bamford. Not sure.

1 hour ago, Belgiannutt said:

While i agree that Pirlo is definitely better then Fabregas you can't really argue that they do have similar strenghts and weaknesses and are similar type of players (deep playmakers).

Both need time and space to be at their best which means they function best in deeper areas. Both also lack the legs and the defensive abilities to play DM so they both need help from other midfielders to not expose the team.

I was just saying that Conte has experience with developing a system that allows that type of player to play at his best position while offering adequate protection so they don't become a liability to the team.

Like i said i know " They're aren't proven but might be worth taking a chance on as they've got potential especially Kenedy "

I really have high hopes for Kenedy. I really feel he could be a top quality left back. Yes he's not used to playing there and he's not great defensively but when you look at great fullbacks, Marcelo, Alves, Alaba, Alba,...

They aren't put there because of their defensive skills but their attacking skills. It would be the same for Kenedy. An attacking, pacey, skillful full back really adds a new dimension to the attack.

Would he make mistakes in his first season, ofcourse he would but i believe he'd more then make up for it with what he'd give us on the attack.

Mate, Ben arfa and Hazard have similar strengths and weaknesses. Does not mean you treat Ben arfa like a Hazard.

You need tactical Nuance to play as a DM. You need discipline and defensive positioning. Cesc has none of these attributes. And while pirlo might not be an engine/B2B, he knew how to put in a tackle. Can Cesc? IF, we even try to play cesc in pirlo's juve role, we will get slaughtered.

11 hours ago, Azpinator said:

Besides Christensen, I think Ake, Bamford and Kalas deserve a chance.

Ake without a doubt, Kalas and Bamford however are just not good enough and recalling them will just be a complete waste of time for both parties.

KEEP : Courtois, Begovic, Azpi, Baba (?), Zouma, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, JT (?), Matic, Fabregas, RLC, Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Diego Costa, Traore, Kenedy

LET GO :

Cahill - it's between him and Ivanovic. They're not up to this level and Cahill just keeps on giving. He should reunite with Villa at the Championship IMO. Ivanovic is next in the queue but I don't think it's plausible to get rid of them in the same window.

Mikel - time's up. I think Matic can still recover and you can't have them both.

Oscar - you know why. Also apparently can fetch a decent sum.

Remy - always injuried and Traore is already at his level if not better, plus he is injury free, why keep 90k£/week patient ?

Pato + Falcao - loan and only loan

Miazga - better to play somewhere than be 5th or 6th choice

THE (?) :

Baba - ideally it should be between him and Kenedy. One of them should give a way to senior left-back. I just don't see any left-backs out there, there was left-backs merry go round last year, I think this 25m€ investment will stay. He certainly has potential and with right system and belief who knows.

JT - I think he will leave sadly. He should be kept but nothing indicates so. If he leaves then Ivanovic AND Cahill will stay which saddens me even more.

Here is my assessment on what's needed.

Goalkeeper 

Hopefully Courtois will stay, if he doesn't we must sell him to Madrid, purely because we could get Keylor Navas as part of the deal, if we lose Tibo the Costa Rican is the only keeper realistically attainable that wouldn't be an astronomical step down. If Begovic is happy to be the cup keeper keep him but if not sell him and find another back up, we won't get a #2 as good as him but I trust that Conte will find someone reasonably reliable. If we have the space give Amelia another year aswell, none of the youth keepers are good enough to be in the squad.

Fullback

Recall Ake, sell Baba, apart from that leave it, it needs more work in the long run but there are higher priorites this summer.

Centre back

Get rid of Cahill, hopefully find a way to get Andreas back, loan out Miazga, give JT another year, also sign an experienced centre back.

Central midfield

Needs the most work, two solid and athletic centre midfielders are needed, maybe say Kante and Naingollan and those two can rotate/compete with Ruben, I would keep Matic and give him a chance to get back on form but he will start as a squad player, Mikel can go.

Wing

I hope we go to 4-3-3 meaning back to just wingers Kenedy I don't rate as a winger and hope he gets developed at left back, I hope Musonda is brought back, him along with Hazard, Willian and Pedro will be good options in that position, especially if the Haz and Pedro find form.

Strikers

Well first things first, Falcao gone and hopefully Remy too, with only about 40-50 games next season I'm torn on whether to sign another player or risk going in with Costa and Traore meaning the latter will have plenty of development time, maybe try and extend Pato loan jf possible, or maybe enquire about Troy Deeney.

So in summary this is what I hope to see.

Keepers: Courtois, Begovic, Amelia.

Fullbacks: Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Ake, Kenedy.

Centre back: new signing, Christensen, Zouma, Terry.

Central midfield: Naingolan, Fabregas, Kante, Loftus Cheek, Matic, Baker.

Wing: Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Musonda.

Attack: Costa, Deeney, Traore.

Three top quality signing, four loan returns and a lot of the players responsible for this mess out and we have a much healthier looking squad, we have a lot of quality, sell the deadwood and bring in genuine quality and we are a different animal, take yesterday's game, it was won down the middle, swap Mikel for Kante/Naingolan and Cahill and Ivanovic for Christensen and a top centre half and we get a result yesterday.

4 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

While i agree that Pirlo is definitely better then Fabregas.

All that was needed to be said, really.

This club right now needs defensive stability. You can't have a Kenedy in big games making silly mistakes, i'm all for taking him as second choice though, him or Aké.