• Pedro
    • Costa
    • Lotus-Cheek (sub)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now imagine getting that Fabregas starting next season with proper, class midfielders around him...

We start the new season with a fully fit Hazard, Willian, Costa, a couple of new CM signings, and a defender or two and we're a top side again.

Hope we keep it up and smack Spuds.

@DYC.

I missed the first 15 and about 10 mins after the hour mark so keep that in mind.

Mikel was a bit shaky for most of the first half. Jumped out of line one time and he (with Iva) couldn't clear headers which gave them a couple of good chances. To be fair to them our midfield was bypassed easily during that time and the Bournemouth guys had straight runs at our goal. Second half was much calmer and sedate, Bournemouth rarely applied any pressure and our ball players did had more possession.

Fine, didn't notice either looking really winded. Matic covered a fair bit of ground. Hazard was Hazard - looking like he's going to walk before finding that burst that takes him away.

Cliche - game of two halves. First half was fairly even, they created more and more often while we were more clinical. Second half they sort of just fell away while we hunkered down and got our quality going with Fab really tying everything up with exquisite passing.  

Missed the first 20 mins...why in the world was Mikel playing CB? That was comical to watch in the first half :lol: 

Cesc, though.... :clap: 

Great to have Eden on the scoreline though he still looks VERY far from his last season self.

Can't believe not a single youngster started against f***ing Bournemouth when we have literally nothing at stake. smfh...

Also must say that as average as Courtois has been this season it's clear as day that he's a level above Begovic. We miss Tibo coming and claiming most everything that sails into his area. Begovic is a good shot stopper but not a keeper who is quite good enough to be our main #1.

13 minutes ago, Madmax said:

@DYC.

I missed the first 15 and about 10 mins after the hour mark so keep that in mind.

Mikel was a bit shaky for most of the first half. Jumped out of line one time and he (with Iva) couldn't clear headers which gave them a couple of good chances. To be fair to them our midfield was bypassed easily during that time and the Bournemouth guys had straight runs at our goal. Second half was much calmer and sedate, Bournemouth rarely applied any pressure and our ball players did had more possession.

Fine, didn't notice either looking really winded. Matic covered a fair bit of ground. Hazard was Hazard - looking like he's going to walk before finding that burst that takes him away.

Cliche - game of two halves. First half was fairly even, they created more and more often while we were more clinical. Second half they sort of just fell away while we hunkered down and got our quality going with Fab really tying everything up with exquisite passing.  

Muchas gracias. Eres muy amable.

Missed the game, good to see us winning but  why did no youngster feature even as a sub (expect RLC)? Can't get my head around the reasoning behind not giving some of them atleast 45-30 mins or so...

2 minutes ago, Thendo said:

Missed the game, good to see us winning but  why did no youngster feature even as a sub (expect RLC)? Can't get my head around the reasoning behind not giving some of them atleast 45-30 mins or so...

I would guess the only reason we went with such a strong side today is because Guus and the players desperately want to be sharp and end Spuds' season next week. He wants the likes of Hazard, Willian, and Matic at their fittest.

Think Matic specifically is nailed on for Tottenham now. We'll need a ball winner in midfield.

29 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Now imagine getting that Fabregas starting next season with proper, class midfielders around him...

Get fabregas in that pirlo role next season with two work horse midfielders alongside him :D

Muchas gracias. Eres muy amable.

Tried to post this earlier in the other thread but it had locked. So I'll quote you here

Mikel was okay. You can tell he's not the most comfortable, so he got caught out a couple of times. It doesn't really help to have Ivanovic as your partner though. He did offer much better possession and building from the back though.

I thought matic looked pretty good today. Had some of his trademark tackles and runs. He didn't seem to tire (his run and assist to Hazards second was right at the end too). Hazard did turn off the jets and took it more easy by the end of the game, but looked in surprisingly decent shape. I figured he would be way off fitness wise. I want him to get the nutritionist and fitness coach Messi got a year or two ago (still impressed by the body transformation messi went through then). I think he can get back to his unplayable best and then some if he does this.

The first half was extremely back and forth. They had many chances and so did we. We were just more clinical. Really it was that fabregas was unreal. First half was much more bursts of quality. We looked really good going forward at times, but really poor defensively at others. Second half was more dominating. Bournemouth sat back much more and fabregas kept pulling the strings.

Fab's performance was one of the best individual performances I have seen the entire season. From any player on any team.

One of the most important matches and results of the season. With the title on the line, it was...... Oh wait!!! that was for some other parallel universe.

Could have given important game time to some youngsters, rather we saw the same old faces. Yes, we did win, but it changes NOTHING. 

Credit where its due, Cesc was brilliant. Unfortunately we would need that more than once a season to push for the title or top4. Meaningless performance along with a meaningless result.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I would guess the only reason we went with such a strong side today is because Guus and the players desperately want to be sharp and end Spuds' season next week. He wants the likes of Hazard, Willian, and Matic at their fittest.

Think Matic specifically is nailed on for Tottenham now. We'll need a ball winner in midfield.

we need legs too, rlc in a 3 is compulsory. their midfield will abuse any lame pivot we put out

Nice result today. Cesc was "on" today, should have had 5 assists easily, maybe 6. Played well.

Though Pedro was up and down throughout the game, still thought he played well. Hazard obviously got in there twice. He looked a bit thinner today, which was good to see him fit.

Matic looked much better than early in the season. Mickel at CB. Oh, my word. Woeful, but we survived. Wanted to see Begovic play well, but he looked lost instead. He could have allowed 2 or 3 more easily.

Miss JT. Need him next week AND NEXT YEAR!!

Come on you Chelsea!!