Moussa Dembele

the wes

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Dembele agent was at the game against Brighton pointless keeping michy when Conte has no confidence in him 

https://celtsarehere.com/moussas-agent-at-stamford-bridge/

office-snap-chat.jpg

Well as you can see above there are rumors that he will join Brighton.

43 minutes ago, DDA said:

I would welcome this lad with open arms! He is a fantastic talent.

Wrong Dembele. We need the other one as soon as he's old enough to be transferred. Problem is, I'd bet that one of Barca, City or Real have probably already secured first dibs on him. Top, top level talent that kid.

56 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Wrong Dembele. We need the other one as soon as he's old enough to be transferred. Problem is, I'd bet that one of Barca, City or Real have probably already secured first dibs on him. Top, top level talent that kid.

Which one am I thinking of then lol?? There are soo many Dembeles floating around these days.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

I would welcome this lad with open arms! He is a fantastic talent.

Honestly having watched Celtic the past season and a half he isn’t exactly a massive talent, which is a term that like world class is being thrown around like mad. He is good for Celtic, last season the whole team were on another level to where thy have been in years and years due to the high of Brendan Rodgers coming in to replace the underwhelming Ronny Delia but they’ve not hit that heights this season just like Dembele hasn’t either. He will undoubtedly leave but honestly he isn’t better than Batshuayi and that says a lot considering Batshuayi isn’t particularly great.

Saying that Brighton would be good move for him, there’s no way he’s ready for a top 4 club and again he would need to take the path a few ex Celts from recent times have done. Looking at Wanyama, Forster and Van Dijk who have been successful in the PL after moving from Celtic and eventually made moves again like Wanyama and now it seems Van Dijk, who have improved again and gotten moves to top 4/6 clubs.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly having watched Celtic the past season and a half he isn’t exactly a massive talent. He is good for Celtic and will undoubtedly leave but honestly he isn’t even better than Batshuayi and that says a lot considering Batshuayi isn’t particularly great.

Saying that Brighton would be good move for him there’s no way he’s ready for a top 4 club. Looking at Wanyama, Forster and Van Dijk who have also started at Celtic and made moves they still needed to improve, Wanyama and now it seems Van Dijk, have improved again and gotten their moves to top 4/6 clubs.

To be fair I don't watch Scottish football I have just seen glimpses of him and from what I have seen, he has looked very good. Appreciate getting a prospective from somebody who watches Celtic.

25 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I’m talking about Karamoko. He’ll be 15 in February. Genius level ability.

Been there done that, remember Islam Feruz? 

Looking good in Scottish youth football is not exactly hard, even then sure he’s a talented kid to a degree but genius level ability is a stretch too far for me and I think for any 15 y/o bar maybe the odd rare cases.

There are lots of guys in PL u23 and u18s who are a lot more talented. Mentioning Feruz, I’m actually surprised because he’s turned out a huge disappointment, he’d of played at Celtic and made the grade there and go on to bigger things but coming here along with changing his agent killed his career. 

Hopefully Karamoko Dembele isn’t stupid enough to leave to play 2 or 3 seasons with the u23s and never be heard of again like Feruz was. The big fuss with Dembele is he is playing with u18s or u19s when he is 15 but honestly in all probability in Scotland, Celtic have the best youth teams, the best coaches, the most financial resources yet they have really only produced two players in the last 7 years in Forrest and Tierney, who have gone on to play regularly which shows Youth football means absolutely nothing because the level is nowhere near top flight in Britain.

33 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Looking good in Scottish youth football is not exactly hard, even then sure he’s a talented kid to a degree but genius level ability is a stretch too far for me and I think for any 15 y/o bar maybe the odd rare cases.

There are lots of guys in PL u23 and u18s who are a lot more talented. Mentioning Feruz, I’m actually surprised because he’s turned out a huge disappointment, he’d of played at Celtic and made the grade there and go on to bigger things but coming here along with changing his agent killed his career. 

Hopefully Karamoko Dembele isn’t stupid enough to leave to play 2 or 3 seasons with the u23s and never be heard of again like Feruz was. The big fuss with Dembele is he is playing with u18s or u19s when he is 15 but honestly in all probability in Scotland, Celtic have the best youth teams, the best coaches, the most financial resources yet they have really only produced two players in the last 7 years in Forrest and Tierney, who have gone on to play regularly which shows Youth football means absolutely nothing because the level is nowhere near top flight in Britain.

I don't even know why we still have Feruz on our books. Not sure how true the rumour was but a lot of Scottish people were saying Feruz was a lot older than reported and maybe this was something that showed in his development if true. Feruz was way too big-headed also and easily distracted. He has only himself to blame.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

You mean the player about whom I said, within 20 minutes of kick-off in the first game I saw him play for the youth team, that he was crap, and that whoever recruited him should be seriously questioned? I once had a post deleted and was threatened with a ban from WAGNH for saying what I am about to say now, but I don't think the people around here are as insecure about themselves as the person who reacted so strongly to the comment on that occasion. Anyone who watched Feruz and thought he was a good player, knows less about football than they think they do.

Celtc's younger Dembele on the other hand is outstanding. There is no comparison whatsoever between him and Feruz. Take the two to a pitch, station each of them alone in one half, i.e. eliminate any question about the quality of the opposition, have coaches play a variety of deliveries to them both and, within 5 minutes, it will be clear which is a genuine article.

The world's top clubs will be queuing up for Karamoko Dembele. Indeed, if we only knew it, they already are.

By the way, I believe Dembele is currently 14, not 15.

11 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You mean the player about whom I said, within 20 minutes of kick-off in the first game I saw him play for the youth team, that he was crap, and that whoever recruited him should be seriously questioned? I once had a post deleted and was threatened with a ban from WAGNH for saying what I am about to say now, but I don't think the people around here are as insecure about themselves as the person who reacted so strongly to the comment on that occasion. Anyone who watched Feruz and thought he was a good player, knows less about football than they think they do.

Celtc's younger Dembele on the other hand is outstanding. There is no comparison whatsoever between him and Feruz. Take the two to a pitch, station each of them alone in one half, i.e. eliminate any question about the quality of the opposition, have coaches play a variety of deliveries to them both and, within 5 minutes, it will be clear which is a genuine article.

The world's top clubs will be queuing up for Karamoko Dembele. Indeed, if we only knew it, they already are.

By the way, I believe Dembele is currently 14, not 15.

Actually I’d say both look very a similar level or from Feruz’s time at Celtic, I’d say they are about the same. Feruz started okay here with the youth team but just wasted himself after that and killed his career even more than he had done moving here. I doubt he will turn out half as good as Kieran Tierney for instance who is the best talent any Scottish team has produced in god knows no how long and he wasn’t even particularly highly sought after at youth level. Not saying he won’t be a good player but for a 15 y/o he is already getting Celtic, Scotland and many other fans overly excited, more than they should be.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Actually I’d say both look very a similar level or from Feruz’s time at Celtic, I’d say they are about the same. Feruz started okay here with the youth team but just wasted himself after that and killed his career even more than he had done moving here. I doubt he will turn out half as good as Kieran Tierney for instance who is the best talent any Scottish team has produced in god knows no how long and he wasn’t even particularly highly sought after at youth level. Not saying he won’t be a good player but for a 15 y/o he is already getting Celtic, Scotland and many other fans overly excited, more than they should be.

OK, we are clearly stuck with different points of view here so before responding to the meat of your post, may I try to clear up our factual disparity? Wikipedia says Dembele was born in February 2003. That would make him 14 currently. Is this a Wiki error, or are you just being approximate when you say he is 15?

Who says Islam did OK at first? Personally I never once saw him play well for our development sides and I watch way more youth football than most around here. Although I accept that two people can see the same performance and assess it differently, my suspicion is that many people’s good impression of Feruz came from reading that he had scored some goals, not from actually watching him play.

I never saw videos of Feruz playing youth games in Scotland so I can’t comment on the comparison you make between his apparent level then and Dembele’s now. It’s impossible for me to believe you can be right however. Dembele’s videos demonstrate fabulous touch, incredible body control, wonderful dribbling technique, tremendous weight of pass, uncoachable awareness of space and a mature understanding of when to move the ball and when to carry it. Feruz has none of that so, while he may have been effective against weaker opposition, he simply could never have looked as good doing it as Dembele does. Put any 20 year old on a pitch full of junior school kids and he will score a load of goals but will he necessarily look like a great player while doing so? There is a difference between finite quality and simply being able to outperform your opponents. Karamoko Dembele is an extremely high quality footballer while Islam Feruz was not one, is not one, and never could have looked like one.

• 4 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You