Moussa Dembele

the wes

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, lucio said:

I remember him from our youth cup game vs fulham a while back. he looked like a future star, dominated christensen a few times

I remember that game he give are youth team a lot of problems in that match 

As if he will ever get to fullfill his potential here. Even if he can be a world star, we will only realise that once he will be sold.

Right now, we need experienced or top players more than ever, no point in signing youth. After all, we have few good prospects from our own school if coach want to experiment.

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

As if he will ever get to fullfill his potential here. Even if he can be a world star, we will only realise that once he will be sold.

Right now, we need experienced or top players more than ever, no point in signing youth. After all, we have few good prospects from our own school if coach want to experiment.

Damn I didn't understand your comment, i though this topic is about that sucker in Tottenham. :D

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

Damn I didn't understand your comment, i though this topic is about that sucker in Tottenham. :D

Word! There's about three Demebele's that are performing so well this Season. 

You got Moussa Dembele at Spurs. Moussa Dembele at Fulham, and the Ousmane Dembele at Stade Rennais :lol::lol:

What makes it hard is that a lot of people on my Twitter TL say we should be in for Dembele in the summer, but its impossible to know whom their referring to! 

54 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Word! There's about three Demebele's that are performing so well this Season. 

You got Moussa Dembele at Spurs. Moussa Dembele at Fulham, and the Ousmane Dembele at Stade Rennais :lol::lol:

What makes it hard is that a lot of people on my Twitter TL say we should be in for Dembele in the summer, but its impossible to know whom their referring to! 

Well all I know is that we MUST be in for OUSMANE Dembele. Not the Spurs one though lol. This Dembele was pretty impressive when I have seen him play, so if we can get him for free its a no brainer really.

Its the same with all the Traore's in football!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10248263/chelsea-interested-in-signing-fulham-striker-moussa-dembele

If we do pursue this, it shows what is wrong with our club's philosophy. Yes, I know he is out of contract and has potential but so do Traore, Solanke and Abraham. What message does it send out to them if we are going after the likes of Dembele. Yes, Falcao and probably, Remy and Pato are not going to be here next season but the new manager will be going after experience anyway. It is not like Dembele will be 2nd or probably even 3rd striker because Conte will want experienced back up strikers.

I have watched Dembele and he is very good prospect but if he comes here, on his behalf the only way it makes sense for him is that it will mean he and his family will be financially secure. Footballing wise it really does not make sense because he will not play here. Then for us we already have Abraham and Solanke who have serious potential.

Reality is if he comes he comes here he will play pre-season and stay for a bit before going out on loan then it is the same vicous cycle.

We don't have anything to lose going after him but some of the academy youngsters too.

" The 19-year old is out of contract at the end of the season and was at Stamford Bridge on Saturday for Chelsea's 3-0 home defeat to Manchester City. "

can't have been impressed, but he does play for Fulham....

i'm not too concerned with our young strikers... bamford has had 2 pl loans now, and done nothing.  Solanke is still 18, and should stay with Vitesse, and hopefully next season get a better goal tally

57 minutes ago, Stats said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10248263/chelsea-interested-in-signing-fulham-striker-moussa-dembele

If we do pursue this, it shows what is wrong with our club's philosophy. Yes, I know he is out of contract and has potential but so do Traore, Solanke and Abraham. What message does it send out to them if we are going after the likes of Dembele. Yes, Falcao and probably, Remy and Pato are not going to be here next season but the new manager will be going after experience anyway. It is not like Dembele will be 2nd or probably even 3rd striker because Conte will want experienced back up strikers.

I have watched Dembele and he is very good prospect but if he comes here, on his behalf the only way it makes sense for him is that it will mean he and his family will be financially secure. Footballing wise it really does not make sense because he will not play here. Then for us we already have Abraham and Solanke who have serious potential.

Reality is if he comes he comes here he will play pre-season and stay for a bit before going out on loan then it is the same vicous cycle.

We don't have anything to lose going after him but some of the academy youngsters too.

So what? What's the harm with a young 19 yr old going out on loan? Many have done it before him. 

You come to Chelsea because you will always be pushed to reach the highest level of your potential. Whether he does that at the club or on loan the goal is the same, to find a way to push your way into the first team. I don't know of any top team in the prem that don't operate under the same policy... 

15 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

So what? What's the harm with a young 19 yr old going out on loan? Many have done it before him. 

You come to Chelsea because you will always be pushed to reach the highest level of your potential. Whether he does that at the club or on loan the goal is the same, to find a way to push your way into the first team. I don't know of any top team in the prem that don't operate under the same policy... 

Yes, but you go to a club with the realistic hope that you will get into the team. We don't exactly have a good track record of doing that. But like you said, maybe he is fine with being paid nice wages and going out on loan and hoping one day he will force his way into the team.

1 minute ago, Stats said:

Yes, but you go to a club with the realistic hope that you will get into the team. We don't exactly have a good track record of doing that. But like you said, maybe he is fine with being paid nice wages and going out on loan and hoping one day he will force his way into the team.

And if he is good enough he will get into the team. if you have the skill set and the right attitude you will play.

Just now, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

And if he is good enough he will get into the team. if you have the skill set and the right attitude you will play.

Well that is not quite true is it. The likes of Alli have the attitude and is playing because he is at a team who gives young ones chances. The likes of Baker and Musonda have the right attitude but it is just ten times more difficult to play here. I don't think Dembele realistically thinks he can break his way in the team for a long while because of what history shows. He knwos what he is getting himself in for. Traore will likely be ahead of him and he will have a long way to prove himself. What we can offer more than other teams is better wages and imo if he chooses us over a lot ofther teams, it is purely down to money.

5 minutes ago, Stats said:

Well that is not quite true is it. The likes of Alli have the attitude and is playing because he is at a team who gives young ones chances. The likes of Baker and Musonda have the right attitude but it is just ten times more difficult to play here. I don't think Dembele realistically thinks he can break his way in the team for a long while because of what history shows. He knwos what he is getting himself in for. Traore will likely be ahead of him and he will have a long way to prove himself. What we can offer more than other teams is better wages and imo if he chooses us over a lot ofther teams, it is purely down to money.

They aren't good enough. Good players but not yet at that high level, that's why I said you have to force your way into the side, besides this is what you want. I would rather these kids have to fight for a chance to get into the side.

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

They aren't good enough. Good players but not yet at that high level, that's why I said you have to force your way into the side, besides this is what you want. I would rather these kids have to fight for a chance to get into the side.

You probably said that about Alii too. Difference was Tottenham took a chance and now we will say he is good enough. I pointed out before but Alli was not even an U21 international regular last season which says everything. If Alli was here you would be saying the same. I agree too but it is difficult for them to get a chance because we will continue to buy and the managers are under pressure to deliver trophies.

1 hour ago, lucio said:

" The 19-year old is out of contract at the end of the season and was at Stamford Bridge on Saturday for Chelsea's 3-0 home defeat to Manchester City. "

can't have been impressed, but he does play for Fulham....

i'm not too concerned with our young strikers... bamford has had 2 pl loans now, and done nothing.  Solanke is still 18, and should stay with Vitesse, and hopefully next season get a better goal tally

Chelsea will probably loan him out till Vitesse

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You