The Conte Thread

12 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Antonio Conte does not expect Chelsea to land first-choice transfer targets

Italian frustrated in attempts to bolster squad 
 He could move for Fiorentina’s Marcos Alonso

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/26/antonio-conte-does-not-expect-chelsea-to-land-first-choice-transfer-targets

Then finally give a youth players some decent chance and stop buying mediocre players

2 minutes ago, J.F. said:

Then finally give a youth players some decent chance and stop buying mediocre players

When you get managers like Mourinho and Conte who are not good for youth, then you will get little done....well to be fair Conte might a bit better then Mourinho in that situation. 

But you need to get managers like Pochetinno for that. 

Well that's not good news! Like I said expect another window like before where we were linked to top players and end up with merieles. Stop gaping will not work! Our defense is terrible and we won't keep clean sheets. 

I doubt we can make it until Jan being in a decent league position. Clubs don't even want to sell in Jan, this window was the best time to do business 

4 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Didn't watch the PC but I read the quotes and I got a lot of 'Wenger' vibes from them. I hope that he and the club aren't getting their excuses in early for us failing to get top 4 this season. 

Whereas Wenger is an old, stubborn fool who never seems to have plans in place in the transfer window, Conte has known for a while what's he's wanted to bring in and makes it sound like the club aren't able to. Wenger needs to be slapped in the face with a couple of poor results and a slow start each season before he realizes he needs to reinforce.

I feel like our club genuinely believe that Conte is a miracle worker and can simply reinvigorate the players we have and get top 4. Just like they did last summer with Mourinho.

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/26/antonio-conte-does-not-expect-chelsea-to-land-first-choice-transfer-targets

We really must be brain damaged if we go for a Fiorentina player. As if they would even consider making business with us after the Salah fiasco.

3 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Meh, if this is how it's going to be done I hope he leaves soon. For his own sake.
Waste of a wonderful coach at this club.

He might resign after the end of season if the club continues with it's shenanigans. 

He left Juventus for this, why he should put up with something worse? 

51 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Whereas Wenger is an old, stubborn fool who never seems to have plans in place in the transfer window, Conte has known for a while what's he's wanted to bring in and makes it sound like the club aren't able to. Wenger needs to be slapped in the face with a couple of poor results and a slow start each season before he realizes he needs to reinforce.

I feel like our club genuinely believe that Conte is a miracle worker and can simply reinvigorate the players we have and get top 4. Just like they did last summer with Mourinho.

Regardless of how much blame Antonio himself shares in this, he will be the one to bare most of the consequences. 

2 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Regardless of how much blame Antonio himself shares in this, he will be the one to bare most of the consequences. 

Thats why we are slowly but surely becoming Arsenal, while Arsenal is becoming Tottenham, not sure of the latter tough

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

When you get managers like Mourinho and Conte who are not good for youth, then you will get little done....well to be fair Conte might a bit better then Mourinho in that situation. 

But you need to get managers like Pochetinno for that. 

THIS is so true.If the board doesn't want to spend much money and what's us to develop players like Ajax,Psv,Porto,Benfica and others do then we shouldn't have appointed Conte don't get me wrong Conte can get the most out of his players and is much better with youth than Mourinho but he still needs signings.Look at Pochettino or Koeman they can't sign big players they will mostly use the youth and Evertoon and Tottenham don't have a really good youth but we probably have one of the best academy/youth and then someone like Pochettino/Koeman would be perfect for us.

4 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

THIS is so true.If the board doesn't want to spend much money and what's us to develop players like Ajax,Psv,Porto,Benfica and others do then we shouldn't have appointed Conte don't get me wrong Conte can get the most out of his players and is much better with youth than Mourinho but he still needs signings.Look at Pochettino or Koeman they can't sign big players they will mostly use the youth and Evertoon and Tottenham don't have a really good youth but we probably have one of the best academy/youth and then someone like Pochettino/Koeman would be perfect for us.

Well we would never win anything by "developing players". But yh if we are going that way then the board must have got a coach who can develop young players.

We appear to be incapable of getting the defenders in that Conte wants so we go with what we have. I just hope the idiots on the board understand this (which I doubt) and cut Conte a bit of slack

36 minutes ago, AlesJuve said:

I did not think there were more incapable managers of marotta I was wrong emenalo surpasses him even if only slightly.I feel sorry for Antonio is his destiny to be surrounded by incompetent people who do not want to spend and expect miracles from him.

Is it a really, really bad omen that the first thing I thought of reading that sentence was 'Arsenal'?

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

We appear to be incapable of getting the defenders in that Conte wants so we go with what we have. I just hope the idiots on the board understand this (which I doubt) and cut Conte a bit of slack

AVB and Jose mark 2 were given months to turn things round and weren't sacked until there was absolutely no choice.

Even if he struggles initially but he's showing signs of promise and you can see a clear blueprint in the direction the club is going under him but some of the players he inherited are holding him back for now (think Poch during his first season at Spurs) I'm pretty sure he will get the time.

If he's one point of relegation at Christmas with the whole squad bar Willian and our reserve keeper suffering the worst form of their careers to date then yes he will be sacked and deservedly so.

6 hours ago, Fernando said:

That's media summary assumption of the current situation for sure. Basically they don't have any idea about what the real situation is.