The Conte Thread

On 8/20/2016 at 5:27 PM, Barbara said:

Explain what was Matic role today? He wasn't the DM - that was Kante. He wasn't the B2B, Kante did some of that and so did Oscar. The moment he was subbed off it felt like we had one more player, although we still had 11 players. 

Matic played as a CM. My guess would be he was asked to support attacks and recycle possession. Anyways I don't think every player on the pitch is assigned a ridged tactical deployment, if you look at how Conte used Pogba you would surmise it was a more free role with a commitment to supporting attacking players.

Having said that I really don't think Matic the type of player who flourishes in a freer role, he strikes me as a guy who needs to be given a specific role that can't be complicated. 

I'm starting to think Chalobah may have a part to play this season. If Matic continues to look out of place in the 4-1-4-1 I can envision Nathaniel getting a look in.

On 8/22/2016 at 5:42 AM, pHaRaOn said:

Antonio Conte,

Does it better,

Makes me happy,

Makes me feel this way.

I just love how perfect our chants have been lately, kudos to those guys there making them up. IMO compared to the last managers we had, indeed he does it better, he makes me happy and he makes me feel this way (whatever way that is, but you know what I mean :P)

I didn't watch the match today, but just seeing Azpili in the RB position as well as Aina in the LB position makes me overlook seeing Iva as a CB or RLC as a striker (I do hope Conte proves me right, but this insistence of playing Ruben as a striker makes no sense in my head, but at least the kid gets to play some minutes so I definitely won't complain).

I was happily surprised by the lineup and hope to catch the match up somewhere, some time.

I read a few posts after mine and I was having trouble multi-quoting, but I think I've made it clear that 1) He's making a few mistakes I feel come with the fact of being new at the league, but at least he's trying to correct them in the matches; 2) Matic played no relevant tactical role against Watford. As a MD, CM, B2B or whatever, not only he was tactically useless, but also had a weak presentation, especially supporting the attack - hence why Cesc's presence changed the game promptly and completely, 3) I am bitter about Ivanovic still being there. I thought it was a blessing in no-frigging-disguise when he got a knock in pre-season and was expected to miss three weeks (barely lost two). So take my comments on him with a  pinch of salt as I'm really bitter and angry about seeing him there, whether he makes a mistake that costs us or not because we all know he's due to making one (or more in one single match) at any given moment.

How did Aina do against Bristols?

Conte will face a tough season. First 2 PL games were not encouraging. With our current shit back 4, the talk about this team fighting with City and United seems really crazy at this point.  I will be really surprised if Conte manage to get this team into the top 4.

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

Conte will face a tough season. First 2 PL games were not encouraging. With our current shit back 4, the talk about this team fighting with City and United seems really crazy at this point.  I will be really surprised if Conte manage to get this team into the top 4.

One defensive signing can make us easy TOP4.

14 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Mister Conte, please, sign a defender. at least 1.

Thank You.

It's not up to Conte. He's been saying for a month that he expect the club to make some signings and maybe has given the board a list of names who to go after but that's where his responsibility ends, he's not like Wenger who has the ultimate say on who the club go after and how much to pay for them. 

3 minutes ago, Adnane said:

If we sign two defenders and a midfielder before the window shuts I'll drop everything and go pleaying pokemon Go around the world. 

Just kiddink, I'm dropping everything and going to play Pokemon Go anyway.

I'm going to say something really bold. I'm good at that as many know. Most people here have pressed the ignore button on me, but I won't be silenced.

I think that Antonio Conte is NOT the right man for this job. I wasn't impressed by our playings in the preseason nor am I impressed at last 2 matches where we Scraped past WHU and Watford.

And also, the transferwindow gives us a clear look to see where a manager stands.

And Conte is doing a Klopp: giving these deadwood players who failed miserably under Mourinho and Hiddink a second change we all know they do not deserve.

Why is Oscar still at the club? Pedro, Matic who could have been sold to Juventus so we could go after Matuidi who know goes to Juve,

Look what Guardiola is doing at City. That guy has some balls dropping Joe Hart. Also wants to get rid of Yaya Touré etc you name 'em.

Conte is still working with the José squad who ended 10th. TENTH people. When he came in, I saw all these fancy pictures of him on Twitter saying: "The Conte revolution has started"

It's an evolution in my book, and it's an evolution that doesn't get us to compete for the Premier League title. People saying: "Nah not important we should go for top 4"

Get. Lost. No midweek European games are a damn luxury for a team like us. We only have to focus on the title. Not happening with these players.

Tldr: bit underwhelmed with Antonio Conte. He isn't giving the club the change it needs.

2 hours ago, Adnane said:

If we sign two defenders and a midfielder before the window shuts I'll drop everything and go pleaying pokemon Go around the world. 

Just kiddink, I'm dropping everything and going to play Pokemon Go anyway.

Just dont look for them while driving. I heard its bad for health.

4 minutes ago, RuudiGullit said:

I'm going to say something really bold. I'm good at that as many know. Most people here have pressed the ignore button on me, but I won't be silenced.

I think that Antonio Conte is NOT the right man for this job. I wasn't impressed by our playings in the preseason nor am I impressed at last 2 matches where we Scraped past WHU and Watford.

And also, the transferwindow gives us a clear look to see where a manager stands.

And Conte is doing a Klopp: giving these deadwood players who failed miserably under Mourinho and Hiddink a second change we all know they do not deserve.

Why is Oscar still at the club? Pedro, Matic who could have been sold to Juventus so we could go after Matuidi who know goes to Juve,

Look what Guardiola is doing at City. That guy has some balls dropping Joe Hart. Also wants to get rid of Yaya Touré etc you name 'em.

Conte is still working with the José squad who ended 10th. TENTH people. When he came in, I saw all these fancy pictures of him on Twitter saying: "The Conte revolution has started"

It's an evolution in my book, and it's an evolution that doesn't get us to compete for the Premier League title. People saying: "Nah not important we should go for top 4"

Get. Lost. No midweek European games are a damn luxury for a team like us. We only have to focus on the title. Not happening with these players.

Tldr: bit underwhelmed with Antonio Conte. He isn't giving the club the change it needs.

PhEHEz3.jpg