test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,652 posts in this topic
10 minutes ago, Blue Gino said:

Conte: "I wasn't at Chelsea's training ground, I was working at the Federation." 

Matt Miazga: "It was great meeting Conte who introduced himself to us at training." 

I love this coach already.

WHAT

Stats likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue Gino said:

Conte: "I wasn't at Chelsea's training ground, I was working at the Federation." 

Matt Miazga: "It was great meeting Conte who introduced himself to us at training." 

I love this coach already.

Conte probably wanted to keep it as a secret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea FC and Antonio Conte: The Way Forward Part One, Facing Facts

http://theprideoflondon.com/2016/04/08/chelsea-fc-and-antonio-conte-the-way-forward-part-one-facing-facts/

by Ejoh Celestine 23 hours ago

With Antonio Conte appointed as Chelsea FC’s next boss, join us as we take an extensive look at the mammoth task that awaits him at Stamford Bridge.

Welcome to the first part of a series in which we preview Antonio Conte’s reign as Chelsea FC boss. The Italian has much work to do over the summer and into next season as he looks to turn this failing club around. This article sets the background, as we face the facts that this poor campaign provides us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope he understands that Oscar is not up to the standards of this club BEFORE next season. I'm gonna lose it if he will line-up with Oscar and Cuadrado in his first league game in charge.

xPetrCechx and bellion like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Blue Gino said:

Conte: "I wasn't at Chelsea's training ground, I was working at the Federation." 

Matt Miazga: "It was great meeting Conte who introduced himself to us at training." 

I love this coach already.

That's it. When Conte takeover, it will be the end of Miazga career in Chelsea, lol.

Muzchap likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good luck to him, hope he'll get rid of some of these overpaid bastards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

--------------------COURTOIS--------------------

-----Zouma----------terry----------stones-----

Cuadrado-----cesc---naingolan-----bale

----------------------willian---------------------

-------------Costa--------Higuain-------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was Conte...

Courtois

Aurier - Zouma - Manolas - Azpilicueta

Fabregas - Kante - Nainggolan

Willian - Costa - Hazard

 

Kante would be hard to buy, but I think we could pull this off. Aurier is in a tough position at PSG after his recent comments and I think they'd sell. If we can't get Manolas get another proven young-ish CB.

xPetrCechx likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Melanicus said:

If I was Conte...

Courtois

Aurier - Zouma - Manolas - Azpilicueta

Fabregas - Kante - Nainggolan

Willian - Costa - Hazard

 

Kante would be hard to buy, but I think we could pull this off. Aurier is in a tough position at PSG after his recent comments and I think they'd sell. If we can't get Manolas get another proven young-ish CB.

Kante is not the answer for us.

He is better than we have currently and so would make our squad stronger but he would not contribute to making our squad great. If we cannot find, or cannot attract, a great player then Kante would serve as a stepping stone but we should not start the summer trying to buy an expensive stepping stone. We still have the ambition to be a great team not merely a good one.

The Skipper, Stats and The Chels like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Kante is not the answer for us.

He is better than we have currently and so would make our squad stronger but he would not contribute to making our squad great. If we cannot find, or cannot attract, a great player then Kante would serve as a stepping stone but we should not start the summer trying to buy an expensive stepping stone. We still have the ambition to be a great team not merely a good one.

I don't know what you're talking about. Kante is one of the best, if not the best, defensive midfielders in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Melanicus said:

I don't know what you're talking about. Kante is one of the best, if not the best, defensive midfielders in the world.

If you think that then it's clear that you do not know what I'm talking about, or at any rate that you do not share my impression of the player.

Kante falls into the category of footballer we have typically signed. The category which, once we bought enough of them, eventually brought us where we are now. Kante is a player with qualities rather than a player of quality. I say again, we are poor and Kante would improve us. My ambition however is that we sign a player who has Kante's qualities but who is better on the ball. That should be, and I hope is, Antonio's ambition too.

Stats, The Skipper, Fernando and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

If i see that 3-5-2 formation mentioned one more time i'm going to have a stroke :P

Don't think people understand that Conte wanted to move away from 3-5-2 at Juve. Marrota and Juve were just too cheap to being the players Conte wanted.

Blue_Fox_, 11Drogba and kiwi1691 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.