The Conte Thread

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Youre preaching to the converted bruv., I'll be screaming my damned fool head off tonight. Be off soon to get the vocal chords well lubricated. 1st game of the season n all they're a bit rusty!  Show these fuckin Pikeys whos in charge of London!

haha yeah wtf did our government give a load of pikeys a stadium like that for lol

11 minutes ago, skottytee said:

haha yeah wtf did our government give a load of pikeys a stadium like that for lol

Probably trying to save the hedgehogs! Keep all the Pikeys in one place so the hedgehogs can start breeding again

I want to be optimistic about this new season, I really do, but tonight is the first match and it seems we still don't know what formation we are going to play, we've failed so far to use the market address our main issue which is the back where we've weakened if anything, and regardless of what formation we are going to settle on we have glaring weaknesses in the team. 

The positives are that we had a good preseason and should be physically fitter than most teams and that Eden looks to be back to his best. But I don't know how far that alone can carry us.

I think it'll be a tougher season than most expect. Unfortunately, I see us struggling to get top four, let alone mount some title challenge. 

Pretty much. I know Tomo likes to say we are waiting for the best players available, but seriously you had all season to get things done. 

You knew we was crap when you sack Mourinho, that's when you needed to start working. 

Seasons start and they have hardly done a thing. 

7 hours ago, Parky said:

We also need a natural LB and move Cesar to his natural RB position. Im sick of playing right footed full backs on the left. We sold Luis with him only starting a handful of games and told Baba his to attacking -_-.

Let's just pay the money and get Rodriguez. Would suit us very nicely.

Cesar is better on the left defensively, the last thing we need to do right now is jepordise the one bit of defensive solidity we have got, maybe long term but right now, no, also having Cesar LB helps vs the growing influx of left footed right wingers.

Would be CB and RB if I had the choice, I wanted Clyne when he was available but that ships sailed.

46 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Pretty much. I know Tomo likes to say we are waiting for the best players available, but seriously you had all season to get things done. 

You knew we was crap when you sack Mourinho, that's when you needed to start working. 

Seasons start and they have hardly done a thing. 

We had a defender all but signed, but he done his ligament and that was the end of that.

Yet I bet if we had Rudiger people would be moaning that we didn't try for Koulibaly.

38 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

I want to be optimistic about this new season, I really do, but tonight is the first match and it seems we still don't know what formation we are going to play, we've failed so far to use the market address our main issue which is the back where we've weakened if anything, and regardless of what formation we are going to settle on we have glaring weaknesses in the team. 

The positives are that we had a good preseason and should be physically fitter than most teams and that Eden looks to be back to his best. But I don't know how far that alone can carry us.

I think it'll be a tougher season than most expect. Unfortunately, I see us struggling to get top four, let alone mount some title challenge. 

Good job you want to be optimistic then eh ;)

Blimey we aint had a bloomin gae yet and our own supporters have already written us off ffs!

I'm notgoing into the season with blinkers on but we got 3 weeks left of this super silly season and we know owt can happen!

I'm not too bothered about having 'A' formation cause its been fluid. Starts as one and goes into another.

The positives are I'm happy with all of our players apart from 2 and 2 halves. I wouldnt miss Cahill or Bane if they went missing in the jungle. JT will have to do till Happy is fully ready. And Oscar IF Conte has him in full Jack Russell mode is at his best defending in the top third IMHO. So IF hes staying round then I hope hes awake.

I think our main thing to get right is our central midfield.

Conte at Juve protected his weakest area and for a time it was their backline. So he used a strng CM to keep pressure from them. Matic was missing last year(he was probably in the jungle looking for the rest of the lads lol) So will we use a Matic/N'Golo or go with a 3 man MF and put Chalobah or Cescy dictating play from deep. We stiill MIGHT sell Cescy to Juve which tho I dearly love him I think Chalobah is going to be a great B2B player and I would love to see him in a 3 with Matic n N'Golo. We would own the center of the pitch.

The only thing this teams desperate for is a CB and tho Ola and Dave could manage OKishhh we need a left footed LB too.

So those 2 and Lukaku we got pretty much a team I would back at the bookies against anyone.

Have some of my optimism bruv. I got some to spare ;)

Im pretty sure number one thing Conte needs in his team is strong defence. If we wont have a good defence, we are pretty much fucked and Conte will get the boot before new year.

If we however strenghten our back line by signing new defenders or if Conte creates a miracle and turns Cahill, Terry, Ivan good again, then we just might have a chance in upcoming year.

Instead of shitting himself, he was positive and brought on Michy and even more ballsy Moses for Hazard and hey presto. Really impressed with our intensity and how well we put West Ham under pressure particularly in the final third. Well done.