The Conte Thread

AC1905:Right spirit, right way

Plenty to be pleased about was Antonio Conte’s verdict after Gary Cahill’s header was enough for victory over Liverpool in California.The only goal of the game came early on in the Rose Bowl and after that the Blues were rarely troubled by Jurgen Klopp’s side, despite going down to 10 men with 20 minutes still to play.Speaking after the final whistle, Conte said the match, which contained five yellow cards for Liverpool and one for Chelsea in addition to Cesc Fabregas’s red, was more hotly contested than might have been imagined in a pre-season outing,

‘When two great teams face each other in a game, nobody wants to lose and for this reason I saw a competitive game,’ noted the Italian.‘I was pleased with my team because I saw the right spirit and a lot of positive things, but I know and my players know that we can improve a lot. I am pleased with the attitude today and also that when we played with 10 men we didn’t suffer. Don’t forget we are working very hard with two training sessions every day and it is a good attitude.‘The most important thing today was to see the right spirit in my team and the will to fight to win a friendly game. This is the right way.’

Klopp reported that Fabregas had gone into the Liverpool changing room after the match to apologise for his challenge on Ragner Klavan. Conte added that he personally was sorry for it and for the Liverpool player:‘In this period the fatigue can sometimes bring a bit of going too late,’ he explained, ‘and I know Fabregas is a good man and it is not his habit to have this sort of situation.’

The Chelsea boss was also asked about John Terry who played the whole match alongside goalscorer Cahill and about Juan Cuadrado who was introduced in the second half.

‘John Terry is the captain and he is working very well, like the other players. I am very happy with his attitude and I know he loves this team and this shirt. It is very important because he can transfer his passion for this club to the other players. He can play an important role this year if he plays and if he doesn’t play.‘With Juan Cuadrado, in my idea of football I love the role of the winger when doing a one-v-one.  Cuadrado is one of these. I am pleased to train him and when today you can have a substitution of Cuadrado and Pedro to replace Willian and Moses, it is good for Chelsea. Cuadrado is a Chelsea player and I hope he remains one.’

chelseafc.com

23 hours ago, Henrique said:

Lets make things clear: you were saying I bashed you because you you said Oscar was a box to box or CM.

I would like to ask you and everybody who liked your post ( @Jason @Fernando  @The Skipper @Leif @Roquila @TheIceMan @The Chels @BlueSunshine @MefiX19 @Last Sicarius @Tautvix @kellzfresh @Chelsea_firstlove) to show me where in those quotes I was bashing you for saying Oscar was CM/b2, or where I said he was a winger. Please, tell me! You just quoted posts where I said he was better than Mata or that he was going to be our best player very soon. Please tell me where I said he was a winger. All you did was quote I post where I compared Hazard and Oscar. Are you for real when you quoted that as a proof that I said he was a winger? So, if you compare Mata and Hazard you are saying both are wingers?

Again you are LYING. Not sure if people who liked your post really know whats going on. The whole thing started when you said I bashed you for saying Oscar was a b2b or CM. Those quotes have nothing to do with that. There is not a single post where I bashed you for saying anything about Oscar position, there is not a single post where I said Oscar was a winger (your attempt to proof that was quite pathetic), there is not a single post where I said Oscar couldn't play as a CM or a box to box.

I still believe Oscar best position is as a playmaker, but the whole discussion is about I bashing you for saying he was a CM. Please stop this nonsense.

I liked his post because i found it somehow funny. Nothing against you mate.

I'd like to see this with the rignt new defenders

COSTA/LUKAKU/BATMAN
                    EDEN
MOSES                 WILLIAM/SQUARE
          N'GOLO   CESCY / CHALOBAH
      NEW FB NEW CB HAPPY

It is not easy to play this game against another great club after only two days of rest and a flight of four-and-a-half hours,’ he said. ‘I knew the team was a bit tired.

‘But today I think this match was very important for us, because after this game it is clear we need to work together always, without the ball and with the ball. If we think we can’t work together when we haven’t the ball, it is not possible for us and we risk repeating a bad season.

‘Today we weren’t a team in defensive situations. It is important to understand this because in the last game I appreciated that we were lot. Then I thought we could improve when we had the ball. Today we were better with the ball but bad without the ball.

‘It is important to keep concentration and to work together,’ the Italian added. ‘I know it is fatiguing to work without the ball but if we stay compact, like against Liverpool, we can win. If we lose this compact, if we think one, two or three players don’t want to work without the ball, it is possible we see another bad season.’

Eden Hazard played 30 minutes and he is recovering a good shape. I like him in this position, like a forward, and he can be a good solution for us. Also playing as a winger. To play as a second forward he must improve his shape but he is working and he knows his shape can a lot in the same way as the other players.’

‘Batshuayi’s shape is improving and he’s starting to understand our idea of football,’ said Conte. ‘I’m happy with his commitment. He can improve a lot.

‘Ruben is a bit tired but he tried to work and to fight for the team. I’m happy with his attitude and behaviour and I know he can play in this role and play good football.

‘I can say that today Costa is a Chelsea player. He didn’t play in these games because of injury and if he solves the injury and I see in training he’s in good shape, it can be possible to see him in the next game against Milan. But I can tell only this.

‘Today Costa is Chelsea’s player. Tomorrow if you ask me if Costa will remain with us, I don’t know.’

‘My target is to become a team. My experience as a player and a manager teaches me if you want to fight for the title you must be a team inside and outside of the pitch. It’s important to understand this and transfer this thought on to the players. We must become as a family. This is the key to switch from last season. If we don’t understand this it is no good.’

https://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/07/conte--nothing-if-not-a-team.html

NOTHING IF NOT A TEAM:CONTE

Antonio Conte spoke about the importance of team shape and about his strikers in the wake of the 3-2 defeat to Real Madrid in the United States.Two late Eden Hazard goals closed the gap after the side from the Spanish capital had gone into a 3-0 lead by half-time in Ann Arbor, and it was the manner in which his side had collectively allowed their opponents to attack that had Conte flagging up work to be done, and improvements to be made.

‘It is not easy to play this game against another great club after only two days of rest and a flight of four-and-a-half hours,’ he said. ‘I knew the team was a bit tired.‘But today I think this match was very important for us, because after this game it is clear we need to work together always, without the ball and with the ball. If we think we can’t work together when we haven’t the ball, it is not possible for us and we risk repeating a bad season.‘Today we weren’t a team in defensive situations. It is important to understand this because in the last game I appreciated that we were lot. Then I thought we could improve when we had the ball. Today we were better with the ball but bad without the ball.‘It is important to keep concentration and to work together,’ the Italian added. ‘I know it is fatiguing to work without the ball but if we stay compact, like against Liverpool, we can win. If we lose this compact, if we think one, two or three players don’t want to work without the ball, it is possible we see another bad season.’

Hazard scored his goals by using his pace to latch onto long passes down the middle, evade the goalkeeper and finish coolly, and Conte assessed the Belgian’s first pre-season action.

‘Eden Hazard played 30 minutes and he is recovering a good shape. I like him in this position, like a forward, and he can be a good solution for us. Also playing as a winger. To play as a second forward he must improve his shape but he is working and he knows his shape can a lot in the same way as the other players.’

Michy Batshuayi also came on for the second half and contributed to the second goal, and Ruben Loftus-Cheek was again played up front, but another of the strikers, Diego Costa, was not involved.

‘Batshuayi’s shape is improving and he’s starting to understand our idea of football,’ said Conte. ‘I’m happy with his commitment. He can improve a lot.‘Ruben is a bit tired but he tried to work and to fight for the team. I’m happy with his attitude and behaviour and I know he can play in this role and play good football.‘I can say that today Costa is a Chelsea player. He didn’t play in these games because of injury and if he solves the injury and I see in training he’s in good shape, it can be possible to see him in the next game against Milan. But I can tell only this.‘Today Costa is Chelsea’s player. Tomorrow if you ask me if Costa will remain with us, I don’t know.’

To conclude, Conte returned to the subject of the team in general.

‘My target is to become a team. My experience as a player and a manager teaches me if you want to fight for the title you must be a team inside and outside of the pitch. It’s important to understand this and transfer this thought on to the players. We must become as a family. This is the key to switch from last season. If we don’t understand this it is no good.’

chelseafc.com

matic-s-olympics.img.png

Clearly not happy with the team's effort without the ball there, emphasizing that "1 or 2 players" not working without the ball might cause us to have another bad season.

No direct idea of who he might be speaking about, but can anyone argue with him ? :lol: 

Conte on Diego Costa: 'He has recovered. Now he is available for tomorrow's game. I am very happy I can count on him

Conte: 'Diego Costa is Chelsea's player and for me this is the most important thing in this moment.

Conte: 'Diego Costa is a Chelsea player and very happy to stay with us.

Conte: 'The West Ham game is not too far - two weeks. In the future something can happen [with] the transfer market in and out.'

Conte: 'I am pleased now to work with these players. There is a good attitude. I am working very well with these players.

Conte: 'Against Bremen we finish pre-season. We start then for West Ham. I know the moment then will arrive to choose the players.'

Conte: 'Kante is in good shape. He is working on the tactical aspects, through video analysis. I think tomorrow he can play.'

'The stadium is fantastic, wonderful. For me, the players, we are pleased to play the first match.'

Conte: 'The American crowds are fantastic, they have great passion and enthusiasm and we feel this during the game.

Conte on Kurt Zouma: 'Zouma is improving a lot. It's good news but we know his injury is very bad. He must take his time.'

Conte on Diego Costa: 'He has recovered. Now he is available for tomorrow's game. I am very happy I can count on him

Conte: 'Diego Costa is Chelsea's player and for me this is the most important thing in this moment.

Conte: 'Diego Costa is a Chelsea player and very happy to stay with us.

Conte: 'The West Ham game is not too far - two weeks. In the future something can happen [with] the transfer market in and out.'

Conte: 'I am pleased now to work with these players. There is a good attitude. I am working very well with these players.

Conte: 'Against Bremen we finish pre-season. We start then for West Ham. I know the moment then will arrive to choose the players.'

Conte: 'Kante is in good shape. He is working on the tactical aspects, through video analysis. I think tomorrow he can play.'

'The stadium is fantastic, wonderful. For me, the players, we are pleased to play the first match.'

Conte: 'The American crowds are fantastic, they have great passion and enthusiasm and we feel this during the game.

Conte on Kurt Zouma: 'Zouma is improving a lot. It's good news but we know his injury is very bad. He must take his time.'

Pretty much everything I love to hear. How can he do that with his half broken English lol, he is a genius.