The Conte Thread

Nice text, put a lot of thought in it for someone who doesn't care, mhh. You don't like it, ignore it, if the problem still exists, enable the ignore function which should help. As far as i'm concerned i simply write my opinion, i don't like the board, but i'm still a fan of the club, so i think reading and sometimes posting is just fine. Sometimes i go to far, call me out and i consider, maybe i agree with you and will apologise. I try to attack the opinion, not the poster. If anyone from the 'police' thinks we need more yes men, ban me, otherwise i won't go away. In which thread i choose to write is none of your business.

What you said about Mourinho is your opinion, i stated mine in the Mourinho thread. The things all of us have to say are opinions, not facts, so nice try with the lecture.

Fuck me, i have different problems, lost my phone at a friend's wedding, but this text, i couldn't let stand.

Good night!

And I didn't say I don't care and I didn't take anything personally I just don't understand what you doing because you just post some things that are very weird. and I'm not questioning your loyalty to the club I just don't understand why you say some of the things you do here like hoping Mourinho's United beat us, but to each their own, this is just a weird thing to post on a Chelsea forum

Sent from my SM-J700M using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Barbara said:

And I didn't say I don't care and I didn't take anything personally I just don't understand what you doing because you just post some things that are very weird. and I'm not questioning your loyalty to the club I just don't understand why you say some of the things you do here like hoping Mourinho's United beat us, but to each their own, this is just a weird thing to post on a Chelsea forum

Sent from my SM-J700M using Tapatalk

Found my phone, feeling pretty good! Try to change my ton, maybe i got indeed stuck in a too negative downward spiral, thanks for the heads up! So far, so good!

Regards!

20 hours ago, Essien19 said:

Nice text, put a lot of thought in it for someone who doesn't care, mhh. You don't like it, ignore it, if the problem still exists, enable the ignore function which should help. As far as i'm concerned i simply write my opinion, i don't like the board, but i'm still a fan of the club, so i think reading and sometimes posting is just fine. Sometimes i go to far, call me out and i consider, maybe i agree with you and will apologise. I try to attack the opinion, not the poster. If anyone from the 'police' thinks we need more yes men, ban me, otherwise i won't go away. In which thread i choose to write is none of your business.

What you said about Mourinho is your opinion, i stated mine in the Mourinho thread. The things all of us have to say are opinions, not facts, so nice try with the lecture.

Fuck me, i have different problems, lost my phone at a friend's wedding, but this text, i couldn't let stand.

Good night!

That's the thing, no true fan will want their team to lose to someone else. Despite if you don't like some players. I'm sure there's been some players people don't like, my goodness look at the Ivanovic thread!

But no one who is a real fan will still want the club to lose because of one individual. 

So I think you need to define what it means to be a fan. 

42 minutes ago, Fernando said:

That's the thing, no true fan will want their team to lose to someone else. Despite if you don't like some players. I'm sure there's been some players people don't like, my goodness look at the Ivanovic thread!

But no one who is a real fan will still want the club to lose because of one individual. 

So I think you need to define what it means to be a fan. 

Just when I thought I was out...you pull me back in. A real fan wants the the best for his team no matter what! As i've stated before i'm of the opinion that a change in management is necessary to achieve the goal to self-sufficiency and be the club of the people again instead of some rich man's toy living by the grace of the owner who's as far as i'm concerned not fair towards certain people and throwing lots of legends to the wolves. It's been handled differently elsewhere, where's the identity at Chelsea!?

How do you come clean? Winning the odd game here and there is no use, imo. But with failure questions will be asked, everything will be put under the microscope, at least there's hope. As already aformentioned, sometimes things have to get worse before they can getter. I'm not reinventing the wheel here, fans of different clubs are sharing similar thoughts for many years, sometimes it clears the sky, sometimes it's worse than before. But you have to take risks in life, otherwise you will be forever stuck in the limbo. I for one would take my chances, be a visionary, i could live with its consequences.

Just some thoughts...

On 7/21/2016 at 11:38 PM, Barbara said:

First, Shakez, it's so nice to see you posting. I've been away for a long time (no time to even breathe let alone read, post or even watch Chelsea). Not that I don't welcome new members - if they are nice I surely do, but still seeing some guys from the days I posted more often brings a smile to my face, and you my dear, are certainly one of them :)

Now about the double training sessions - I'm sure it's only until the team reaches their best physical condition and an attempt to start the season as strong physically as we could.

Last year we as a club - whether it was a Mourinho's option, a club option or both - made a test by giving players longer vacation time and starting very light on training during preseason. Mourinho addressed it a few times at the beginning of the season and back then I thought it was a valid attempt, but one I would assess when the results of such decision appeared. I did assess it and before the whole Mourinho implosion got out of control, I was starting to second guess the decision of letting the players rest more and start preseason with light sessions. I pointed that out as one of the reasons why things weren't working out in the first two months. We were a couple of step behind the other teams in terms of competitiveness and physicality.

Fact is a lot of things - most directly linked to Mourinho's presence - brought us the the deep hole we dug, but I think we were physically subpar. It was a mistake to give players more time to rest. Unfortunately this is not affordable in modern football, not only because of the bloated calendar, but because the intensity of the game increased a lot. The most physical players from 20 years ago wouldn't last much in nowadays football before running out of steam.

So I fully support the decision of taking heavier, more intense sessions, even if twice a day (I'm going to assume one of those two sessions might be a bit lighter than the other). I'd say when the team is running on full throttle physically we can go back to one session a day - or keep it on alternate days, as we'll rarely have midweek football this season.

Players needs to get ready physically, but also mentally for real competition and the aspect of a demanding manager, that is breathing on their neck, pushing them the farthest they can go prepare players not only physically to endure the challenges of an unbelievable busy calendar, but also have them mentally ready earlier as well. I hope we never ago take the longer vacation time,lighter preseason route again.

I don't exactly know what is the floor you're giving me, but I hope is from a stage because I'm on vacation and I won't sweep anything :P (bad joke I know, but I'm the queen of bad jokes)

I think it's going to be paramount for our success this season - and consequently Conte's too - the fact that we won't have any European football to play at all. I mean, of course I would have preferred if we were playing Europe, even Europa League, but as we are not, let's make the most of it and I think that gives Conte the best scenario to work. After the season we had, there's obviously less pressure than usual. We were 10th, so it's not like people are going to demand us to win the title. Most fans would be happy with being Arsenal for a season and just aiming the 4th place and assuring UCL next season. So when bad results come - and they certainly will - media and fans won't be on Conte like they would if we had a standard Chelsea season last year. Unfortunately the stakes aren't as high as they normally are, but that's working to Conte's advantage if you ask me.

Not playing during the week not only helps the players being fresher, but also allows Conte to make more tests with formations, tactical approaches, etc. When you have two or three days before your next match, you can't work on those things as much as you want because you need to get ready for the next game. With the next game being 6, 7 or even 8, 9 days later, Conte has time not only to train drills, but also to make tests. Even though the lack of European football sucks, I think it's going to be the one fact that will help Conte the most.

And let's not joke ourselves, even during my most avid Mourinho defending days, I complained about how he seemed to have dropped some of the drilling aspect of training. It seemed like he became sloppy in training certain kind of moves with players, how to position on free kicks - both defending and attacking. How many times have we read or heard him saying that he told Hazard he could go there and do his thing and it feels like except demanding a whole much of work rate from all players, Mourinho seemed to have settled for letting them to their thing most time and having only a few organized, trained (or as we say in Portuguese, rehearsed) plays, moves, composition, etc. We relied a lot on Fabregas killer eye for an assist, Willian's energy and pace, Hazard's talent and Costa giving-it-all attitude.

A team as big as us certainly needs its manager to go beyond that. The manager we need can't let players do their thing and only demand work rate from them. They need to be trained in the most strict meaning of the word, drilled, pushed, guided and if that's the case, even taken by the hand. I want to see Conte stopping the training motion simply to correct our defense and midfield positioning. I want him to be livid on players when they aren't paying enough attention or keeping to the plan as they're supposed to, I want him to push, push, push as much as he works, works, works. Those players aren't as bad as they looked last season, the thing is they weren't pushed enough and most of them became the worst version of themselves because let's not fool ourselves, the intensity and demands of modern football I mentioned above are insane and if there isn't someone breathing on their necks to give more and go further - they, like any other human being on their place - will just fall into their comfort zone. Most of them probably do it without noticing and without being able to leave that place by themselves. Modern sports - not only football actually - keep demanding more, and it's a while since the demands went above the 'natural' disposition. Yes, they're paid much more than they should just to play in this level, but money doesn't reset how your brain works and the exception is the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo - players that are constantly pushing their limits by themselves, but that's a very particular and personal trait, we can't expect - let alone demand - every player, no matter how much money the club gives them to have their brain reset to just make their body go beyond its natural limits.

And now I said too much, but that's entirely Chelsea Buzz fault. He gave me a whole floor, what was I supposed to do with it as I refuse to do any more sweeping on my vacay time? Complaints direct to him please :P

Kidding of course, I may not be the queen of the longest posts anymore, but I just had a lot to say... as usual for women and even more so for me. Good thing most of you can cope with me already ;)

The ones who can't yet for they're new here, chop chop and learn (bad joke again)

I agree with everything but I do sympathize with Mourinho as well. His father's health had to play a part in his lack of drilling home a message. I don't even think he was 100% focussed on the team coming into the season and certainly not given his emotional state when he heard of his father's condition.

5 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Apparently, this is one of the training sessions during the Italy's EURO 2016 journey.

13782249_1042937679116428_78421373835747

That makes the players sprint 3 kilometres in 21 minutes.

:blink:

Its seems like a miracle that we don't have european football this year...

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Maybe Eden will start the season lean and cut now with that workout! No more chubby Hazard to open the season. He can look like Willian rather than Götze. :D

Hazard could probably lose the fluff with some serious HIIT sessions :lol: Conte already knows what to do :worship:

1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

Apparently, this is one of the training sessions during the Italy's EURO 2016 journey.

13782249_1042937679116428_78421373835747

That makes the players sprint 3 kilometres in 21 minutes.

That's not all apparently...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-chelsea-boss-antonio-conte-8310594#GTtJCmLEmtrpS6AM.97