The Conte Thread

The league is going to be insane next year. I don't think any of the first year coaches will get the axe if they fail to qualify for the top four unless they spectacularly fail. The only manager I see getting fired without a Top 4 place out of the contenders is Wenger, because the Emirates was on the verge of riots toward the end of last season after that run they went on.

20 minutes ago, Persona said:

The league is going to be insane next year. I don't think any of the first year coaches will get the axe if they fail to qualify for the top four unless they spectacularly fail. The only manager I see getting fired without a Top 4 place out of the contenders is Wenger, because the Emirates was on the verge of riots toward the end of last season after that run they went on.

Yeah preatty much this. With all these news managers only two teams I'm really interested to see how they do. Is Wenger Arsenal and Liverpool Klopp. 

Arsenal you just stated, so they are expected to at least make it top 4....but I feel also he might leave after this season. It seems like that this might be his last. 

And Liverpool because Klopp already had a feel for the league last season and interested to see how he fares in the new season. I think if Liverpool does not make progress from last season, Liverpool will start to get panicky. 

Because for City, United and Chelsea, the first season is to get their bearings. Next season is when we should see the real deal. 

And if my theory is correct about Wenger leaving next summer, we might have another top manager going there. 

Ola Aina has praised Conte but not not so much our previous manager: "I heard him a lot! It was really good. I would much rather have a manager telling me ‘Ola here, Ola there', than not hearing anything at all and being left in the dark. It was really good for me and playing on the left is normal for me as well."

33 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Ola Aina has praised Conte but not not so much our previous manager: "I heard him a lot! It was really good. I would much rather have a manager telling me ‘Ola here, Ola there', than not hearing anything at all and being left in the dark. It was really good for me and playing on the left is normal for me as well."

How is it possible to extrapolate “Ola Aina has praised Conte but not not so much our previous manager” from what Ola said and which manager do they mean, Adi Viveash? Who ever wrote that statement is talking tosh and knows less about Chelsea than she/he might.

10 hours ago, Persona said:

Doesn't his contract end this season anyway? I wouldn't mind him staying at the North London club. They might just get someone good!

Sorry buy I fuckin hate them. and If Conte gets Bat Sushi to do a Didier against them every season them then I'd bloomin love it!

32 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

How is it possible to extrapolate “Ola Aina has praised Conte but not not so much our previous manager” from what Ola said and which manager do they mean, Adi Viveash? Who ever wrote that statement is talking tosh and knows less about Chelsea than she/he might.

He clearly says that Mourinho never gave him a chance it's so obvious.

54 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

He clearly says that Mourinho never gave him a chance it's so obvious.

Nonsnse. You, if it was you who originated that claim, have completely misunderstood what Ola is saying here. If English is not your first language then it is perfectly understandable if you have not realised the meaning of the expression, left in the dark. If that is the case then please forgive the implied criticism.

Ola is not talking about being selected vs. not being selected. He is talking about being given on pitch instructions vs. not being given on pitch instructions. He isn't even comparing one manager with another. He was asked his opinion of Antonio's coaching style and, as players in that situation always do, just tried to say something nice.

Ola played for Adi Viveash last season. When it comes to delivering instructions from the touchline, Adi is the King. Indeed he has recieved criticism for doing too much of it in the past, including from me. Following comments made on telly about him over coaching, Adi has tried to tone it down a bit.

So I see he spoke with the media again this morning. No one asked about more incomings? Really?

Obviously he's not going to mention specific names, but not one journalist could ask if we're at least looking at bringing in  players in certain positions?

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

So I see he spoke with the media again this morning. No one asked about more incomings? Really?

Obviously he's not going to mention specific names, but not one journalist could ask if we're at least looking at bringing in  players in certain positions?

Does it really matter if Conte was asked or not?

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Nonsnse. You, if it was you who originated that claim, have completely misunderstood what Ola is saying here. If English is not your first language then it is perfectly understandable if you have not realised the meaning of the expression, left in the dark. If that is the case then please forgive the implied criticism.

Ola is not talking about being selected vs. not being selected. He is talking about being given on pitch instructions vs. not being given on pitch instructions. He isn't even comparing one manager with another. He was asked his opinion of Antonio's coaching style and, as players in that situation always do, just tried to say something nice.

Ola played for Adi Viveash last season. When it comes to delivering instructions from the touchline, Adi is the King. Indeed he has recieved criticism for doing too much of it in the past, including from me. Following comments made on telly about him over coaching, Adi has tried to tone it down a bit.

Woah there's no need for such a patronising response. It's very easy to infer, correctly or incorrectly, a dig at Mourinho in that quote. I don't know how you can say with certainty that Ola isn't implicitly comparing the two managers (with respect to how Mourinho was in training).

22 minutes ago, The Chels said:

Woah there's no need for such a patronising response. It's very easy to infer, correctly or incorrectly, a dig at Mourinho in that quote. I don't know how you can say with certainty that Ola isn't implicitly comparing the two managers (with respect to how Mourinho was in training).

From, "I heard him a lot! It was really good. I would much rather have a manager telling me ‘Ola here, Ola there', than not hearing anything at all and being left in the dark"? I don't see how. To start with Ola is clearly talking about in game and, if one were to conclude a comparison, how can one divine, from the quote, that the comparison is with Jose?

It was an empty comparison, not a direct one. Ola was asked to comment on the fact that the head coach of his club shouts a lot from the touchline.. He said he liked it. What else is he going to say in that situation?

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

From, "I heard him a lot! It was really good. I would much rather have a manager telling me ‘Ola here, Ola there', than not hearing anything at all and being left in the dark"? I don't see how. To start with Ola is clearly talking about in game and, if one were to conclude a comparison, how can one divine, from the quote, that the comparison is with Jose?

It was an empty comparison, not a direct one. Ola was asked to comment on the fact that the head coach of his club shouts a lot from the touchline.. He said he liked it. What else is he going to say in that situation?

What's the in-game aspect got to do with anything... You mean to say there were never practice matches with Jose in training? I am not saying that Ola was definitely hinting at Mourinho's man-management deficiencies with those lying outside his core of untouchables, but just that it is a possibility (and anybody hinting as such shouldn't be slighted for not being a native English speaker). Being of the opinion that this scenario is far-fetched and highly unlikely is all good and well, but I don't appreciate your pretending to know for fact the intention of Ola's words. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Does it really matter if Conte was asked or not?

I mean, it would be nice to hear directly from the manager that he's just as eager to improve the defense as we are. We've heard nothing but weak media links. Doesn't really seem like we're close to signing any thus far.

33 minutes ago, The Chels said:

What's the in-game aspect got to do with anything... You mean to say there were never practice matches with Jose in training? I am not saying that Ola was definitely hinting at Mourinho's man-management deficiencies with those lying outside his core of untouchables, but just that it is a possibility (and anybody hinting as such shouldn't be slighted for not being a native English speaker). Being of the opinion that this scenario is far-fetched and highly unlikely is all good and well, but I don't appreciate your condescension in pretending to know for fact the intention of Ola's words. 

Thank you for pointing out that my earlier post was patronising. It was not the intent and I have appologised to @Chelsea4.

My contention is that it is not possible to divine the inferred criticism form the quote and I maintain that it is not. We know that there has been overt criticism of Jose's attitude toward young players in training. You will know which player it was that made the comments about being made to feel that the kids were there only to make up the numbers. I have forggoten who it was, if I ever knew. It is perfectly ligitimate of course for members of the development squad to be drafted in to make up the numbers but they should be made to feel good about that experience and that must start with managing their expectations. It seems clear that Jose failed in that.

None of this is conatained in what ola had to say however. He was asked about Antonio's in-game aproach and spoke about that.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/07/conte--great-workers.html

I love how many times Conte speaks about 'new ideas of football', 'my ideas to all the players'.... So, the most used words during his first days at the club seem to be fight, work and new ideas of football. We are really changing! Please make it happen!

22 hours ago, Fernando said:

What does failure look like for top Premier League teams in 2016-17?

n that regard, the Premier League could transform into a league reminiscent of the Serie A of the mid-90s, when teams finishing as low as 10th place, like Gabriel Batistuta's Fiorentina, were still dazzling and worthy of great respect.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/2914014/what-does-failure-look-like-for-top-premier-league-teams-in-2016-17

Interesting read, and this is what I been thinking. That PL is becoming like Serie A back in the days. I remember those times in the 90s, the Italian League was the one to watch. Many good teams, and now it's change to the PL. 

wasn't a consensus just a few months ago that we lacked any really good team in the league, reason why English teams have been a non-factor in UCL recently and England was on verge of losing its fourth spot and which allowed some team like Leicester to actually be champions?

The new TV deal makes not much difference, top English teams spend a lot either way...