test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,589 posts in this topic
6 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

He led us a couple points off the relegation zone after 16 games. 9 losses, 3 draws and only 4 wins. He was done, out of ideas and fully deserved the sack. Get over it.

And don't start with the "he wasn't backed in the transferwindow. That's not an excuse for the disastrous season he lead us into. 

The Jose Mourinho that arrived in 2004 was the best manager this club ever had. The Jose Mourinho that arrived here in 2013 wasn't even close to the one in 2004.

I don't know what exactly happened at Real Madrid but it changed him in a really bad way.

I am not so sure. Not sanctioning specific targets has a disastous effect on a teams aspirations and also on the remaining players -which is often overlooked.  I could say to you ''And dont start with the blaming it on the Real Madrid scenario''. You have no proof. The POY belgian   'individual' for 2014-15 was definitely not performing amongst several others  -that is a certainty along with Abramovich surrounding himself with self seeking money orientated, non football yes people. Anyway I hope Conte is left alone.

The clue is in your last sentence though ''I dont know exactly what happened...'' No, no one does

stroey and Blue_Fox_ like this

Wooohoo - let's get this shebang on the road!

Looking forward to a nice summer of signings and Euros - I hope we get the signings done early - don't want any Euro's premium added to transfer prices :)

Everything wrapped up quickly would be ideal.

Andy Townsend believes that new Chelsea manager Antonio Conte will be able to “capture the attention” of the club’s players in the same way former boss Jose Mourinho used to.
http://www.squawka.com/news/conte-will-capture-the-attention-of-chelsea-players-like-just-mourinho-did-predicts-townsend/636198#pecDUL02lgWI2azW.99

Muzchap likes this

45 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

Welcome. Please sign Nainggolan, Vidal and Bonucci. 

Bonucci rule out going to Chelsea in a press conference two weeks ago 

47 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I am not so sure. Not sanctioning specific targets has a disastous effect on a teams aspirations and also on the remaining players -which is often overlooked.  I could say to you ''And dont start with the blaming it on the Real Madrid scenario''. You have no proof. The POY  'individual' for 2014-15 was definitely not performing amongst several others  -that is a certainty along with Abramovich surrounding himself with self seeking money orientated, non football yes people. Anyway I hope Conte is left alone.

The clue is in your last sentence though ''I dont know exactly what happened...'' No, no one does

So a bad summer led us to relegation zone? 

Get the heck out of here. 

You don't need a lot of money to do good as shown by Leicester and tottenham. 

If you can't get your target like pogba and stone then don't buy or settle for less. 

24 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm sorry but lets get this into perspective and start with John Stones. We approached Everton with an offer of 20M for Stones, talk about pissing a team off before you even start, that right there was the start of what was joke from us and how not to sign a player. If you go to a garage for a ten grand car do you walk into the showroom and offer five grand? No chance, especially not for a top model all singing all dancing car, you will be told to fuck off, and that's what happened to us.

We won the title last season, and despite what certain people say you MUST strengthen despite previous victories, we didn't, we saw what happened. You don't sit on your hands and hope you go again, and that includes big purchases because on the horizon and future outlook was the CL, the biggest daddy of them all. We needed better than Rahman, Djiliboji and Pedro, end of. This wasn't about JM being good or bad it was purely about what the club needed and the team was crying out for....new fresh blood.

Mourinho was not the complete catalyst to the downfall, but he didn't help himself. He continued to play the same way despite defeats, play the same players no matter what level of performance was given and all of a sudden cracks started to appear because there was no way past the ego of Mourinho, an the short coming from the board started to really show.

People are right when they say the people behind the scenes aren't football people, had they been football people we wouldn't of been trying to hitch hike Stones for 20M, that was pure fucking idiotic from us, and that right there did one thing, it pissed Everton off and the deal was as good as dead. We then looked like little lost school boys with another bid, then another one and all of a sudden Chelsea became a laughing stock again.

I have said it before and will repeat it again, it wasn't just JM it was everyone from top to bottom, the club is/was a mess and this new appointment of Conte should herald a new start. I'm not sure it will, I have zero faith in the men/woman in the boardroom which is why I said a full overhaul is needed, not just a new coach.

AMEN brother!!! :clap::clap:

stroey likes this

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

So a bad summer led us to relegation zone? 

Get the heck out of here. 

You don't need a lot of money to do good as shown by Leicester and tottenham. 

If you can't get your target like pogba and stone then don't buy or settle for less. 

Tell the  board and Buckenalo not to settle for less then.  Players let the team down by not performing /being unfit, Mourinho wasnt allowed the players he wanted, he was stubborn and continued with kamikaze selections and tactics.

Tottenham and Leicester players have developed, its called evolution :D

stroey and Muzchap like this

15 hours ago, the wes said:

Is that the Hawthorns in the background? (in the video, not the thumbnail)

/facepalm

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

People are right when they say the people behind the scenes aren't football people, had they been football people we wouldn't of been trying to hitch hike Stones for 20M, that was pure fucking idiotic from us, and that right there did one thing, it pissed Everton off and the deal was as good as dead. We then looked like little lost school boys with another bid, then another one and all of a sudden Chelsea became a laughing stock again.

Lets not forget the embarrassing deadline day approach for Marquinhos -_-  

It is understood the Blues have offered two separate sums between the £25.7m and £40.4m-mark for the Brazil international.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9975281/chelsea-fail-with-two-bids-for-paris-saint-german-star-marquinhos

Fulham Broadway likes this

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I'm sorry but lets get this into perspective and start with John Stones. We approached Everton with an offer of 20M for Stones, talk about pissing a team off before you even start, that right there was the start of what was joke from us and how not to sign a player. If you go to a garage for a ten grand car do you walk into the showroom and offer five grand? No chance, especially not for a top model all singing all dancing car, you will be told to fuck off, and that's what happened to us.

We won the title last season, and despite what certain people say you MUST strengthen despite previous victories, we didn't, we saw what happened. You don't sit on your hands and hope you go again, and that includes big purchases because on the horizon and future outlook was the CL, the biggest daddy of them all. We needed better than Rahman, Djiliboji and Pedro, end of. This wasn't about JM being good or bad it was purely about what the club needed and the team was crying out for....new fresh blood.

Mourinho was not the complete catalyst to the downfall, but he didn't help himself. He continued to play the same way despite defeats, play the same players no matter what level of performance was given and all of a sudden cracks started to appear because there was no way past the ego of Mourinho, an the short coming from the board started to really show.

I have said it before and will repeat it again, it wasn't just JM it was everyone from top to bottom, the club is/was a mess and this new appointment of Conte should herald a new start. I'm not sure it will, I have zero faith in the men/woman in the boardroom which is why I said a full overhaul is needed, not just a new coach.

The board have got many things wrong this season but not paying over odds for Stones was not one of them.

He is not worth £40m and I doubt he ever will be. The only thing JM did wrong this season is that he stuck by his players for too long - Traore should have been playing back in November, for example.

3 minutes ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

The board have got many things wrong this season but not paying over odds for Stones was not one of them.

He is not worth £40m and I doubt he ever will be.

They soon eventually got near to that figure though didn't they?

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

They soon eventually got to that figure though didn't they?

I don't think they went that high, even if the Mail said otherwise

really glad it's been sorted out so early! didn't want the rumours to drag on endlessly.

he'll be focussing on the Euro 2016 campaign, but should have time to think about what he wants to implement come the start of his tenure at the Bridge :)