The Conte Thread

1 hour ago, Sivori said:

I am a Juve fan who has been here since we were drawn in the group stage together in 2013. Just want to say that you will absolutely fall in love with the way this guy works. His training sessions are famous for their intensity. Even a workhorse like Tevez had previously noted how he had never been worked so hard (in a good way) in his career. Conte will whip these players into shape and is not afraid to drop anyone, regardless of their transfer fee, if they don't pull their weight. He will have these guys out on the pitch fighting like soldiers under siege.

I really hope so mate cause thats just what we need. Some of our lads have got away with far too much for too long and now we need it to stop.

Now if we could just come to some sort of a deal for Cuadrado------->> Bonucci it would be a help.

I really hope so mate cause thats just what we need. Some of our lads have got away with far too much for too long and now we need it to stop.

Now if we could just come to some sort of a deal for Cuadrado------->> Bonucci it would be a help.

As long as the players buy into his methods and ideas, you guys will turn out great. I am sure he will develop a bond with them immediately as he is not only charismatic but as a former footballer he has played and won at the very highest level of the game, something the players can respect. Once he instills his spirit into the squad he will have these guys spit out blood for him.

I point to his work at both Juventus and the Azurri. At Juve as soon as he back, there was an immediate change in the mentality of the players. After having finished 7th twice in a row, fourth place was what most people in the club were aiming for. I remember he said something to the effect of "you have to honor the shirt, a club like Juventus should fight for the highest honors just as it was for me as a player", we won the scudetto and against a really good Milan side in his first year, made the Copa Italia finals as well. otherwise mediocre players such as Giacherinni, Estigaribia et al. performed at levels that they have not reached since. He also wasnt afraid to drop guys like Krasic, Elia who didn't fit the clear clear ideas he had. Same thing with the Azurri. Prior to the euros, this was a team that was dubbed one of the worst Italy sides of all time. Conte had them punching above their weight many times over after fostering a spirit of togetherness within the group. Could have the entire thing as well had they practiced Free kicks more

You have got a solid squad on paper with many players of undoubted quality who just massively underperformed last year. Im sure Conte will light a fire in these guys.

Maybe throw in Matic with Quadrado and Maritta may think about it :lol:. But in seriousness, I doubt Bonucci himself would leave even if we wanted to (which we dont :lol:) the guy is a Bandiera, a standard bearer, here.

With Conte, I will watch and cheer for you guys this year, going to be a hell of a ride.

7 minutes ago, Sivori said:

I point to his work at both Juventus and the Azurri. At Juve as soon as he back, there was an immediate change in the mentality of the players. After having finished 7th twice in a row, fourth place was what most people in the club were aiming for. I remember he said something to the effect of "you have to honor the shirt, a club like Juventus should fight for the highest honors just as it was for me as a player", we won the scudetto and against a really good Milan side in his first year, made the Copa Italia finals as well. otherwise mediocre players such as Giacherinni, Estigaribia et al. performed at levels that they have not reached since. He also wasnt afraid to drop guys like Krasic, Elia who didn't fit the clear clear ideas he had. Same thing with the Azurri. Prior to the euros, this was a team that was dubbed one of the worst Italy sides of all time. Conte had them punching above their weight many times over after fostering a spirit of togetherness within the group. Could have the entire thing as well had they practiced Free kicks more

You have got a solid squad on paper with many players of undoubted quality who just massively underperformed last year. Im sure Conte will light a fire in these guys.

Maybe throw in Matic with Quadrado and Maritta may think about it :lol:. But in seriousness, I doubt Bonucci himself would leave even if wanted to (which we dont :lol:) the guy is a Bandiera, a standard bearer, here.

With Conte, I will watch and cheer for you guys this year, going to be a hell of a ride.

Yhanks for the  info and the thoughts.

What has he been like at  player roration/changing frmation and using youth players?

Yhanks for the  info and the thoughts.

What has he been like at  player roration/changing frmation and using youth players?

These are just my opinions, which I have formed over the years.

During his last season at Juve one of the criticism's levelled against him was that he wasn't rotating players much. In the tail end of that year we were wanting to play the final of the europa league, which was being held at Juventus stadium. We had built a considerable lead in Serie A so we could afford to rest players for our Europa league games. Conte kept playing his strongest side every week however which lead to over fatigue and injuries e.g Vidal injuring his knee in the league and having to play with local anasthesia injections against Benfica in the semi-final. You guys will be playing the league without the distraction of europe, so you rotation should not be a problem.

Also, in terms of being a tactician Conte is not on Allegri's level as he tends to be a bit stubborn. He is a motivator of men first and foremost, in that regard Allegri doesn't hold a candle to Conte. Allegri has us playing 4-3-1-2 just as effectively as 3-5-2, and is able to have us play possesion and counter attacking football. Conte in his last year with us mostly stuck with a 3-5-2 even if it was innefective against some teams in Europe, a lot of fans wanted to ditch this formation and go back to a traditional back 4. Thats not to say Conte's not flexible. When he first arrived at Juve, he had mostly used an ultra offensive 4-2-4 at Bari and was expecting to carry that over to Juve, hence we signed Elia on the left to complement Krasic on the right. We ended up with 3-5-2 as we were blessed to have Bonucci (who during Conte's first year was extremely error prone a lot of supporters wanted him sold then! Quite the transformation over the years), Barzagli and Chiellini, that goes with Conte's philsophy of using a formation to fit players at his disposal and not the other way around.

In terms of youth, he didn't really promote anyone of note into the senior team, Italy is infamous for developing players slower than other countries, where 21-22 year olds are still looked at as "youth", we complain a lot about our primavera if you read up on our forums.

I suppose he gave Pogba (who If I remember correctly was signed with the primavera in mind) his opportunity to play significant minutes in his first yesr. But thats likely down to the fact that Pogba is a once in a generation type player :lol:. I suppose with that it mind, you could say that with Conte "if you are good enough then you sre old enough."

21 minutes ago, Sivori said:

In terms of youth, he didn't really promote anyone of note into the senior team, Italy is infamous for developing players slower than other countries, where 21-22 year olds are still looked at as "youth", we complain a lot about our primavera if you read up on our forums.

I suppose he gave Pogba (who If I remember correctly was signed with the primavera in mind) his opportunity to play significant minutes in his first yesr. But thats likely down to the fact that Pogba is a once in a generation type player :lol:. I suppose with that it mind, you could say that with Conte "if you are good enough then you sre old enough."

Sounds pretty much what we were thinking already. I think one of the main strengths of his is the one we need most which is motivation. The atmospgere got so heavy with the seig mentality and different things whether they were Mous fault,the pllayers giving up,no new blood,mo rotation,using players that needed to be put down. There was a bunch of reasons.

Conte to me is like a breath of fresh air. It sounds like he has the respect of the majority of his players with various saying they would goto war  for him whether these were world class players or not. They did give what they could for him

We need this. We have some lazy gits playing for us and I want him to work the lads till they bleed.

I just hope he gets this own team with him and is allowed by Roman to be his own man and stay out of the changing room.

We shall see. I'm optimistic.

5 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Conte: 'We know what this team needs. Me and the club are on the same line. We know what to do to improve this team.' #CFC

'We prefer to wait and take the right player, rather than take a player with emotion.' #CFC

:clap:

Good to hear, just wished they didn't rush some of the loans out already :P