test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,571 posts in this topic

Conte could be a special one perhaps you know take a championship winning team into relegation fodder in a matter of months. Or like another Italian manager take a team who just survived relegation and is full of rejects and journeyman and turn them into almost definite champions without spending a fortune and alienating and pissing everyone off he comes in contact with.

21 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

If calling him "head coach" isn't just a matter of semantics, I can see this blowing up very quickly. He seems like the kind of guy that wants to make the big decisions, and if he's got the board poking around his office the entire time, I can see this getting ugly fast.

This club needs to realize that what's happened this season isn't down to the manager alone. It's on everyone at the club.

Wenger is the last of a dying breed of manager's having full control romance, it just simply doesn't happen anywhere anymore.

Fernando likes this

Fuck the head coach role.

More shite transfers from Emenalo and co. We are fucked. Good luck Antonio.

Can't wait till we get Danny Drinkwater, Pirlo on loan and replace Terry with Wes Morgan.

Barbara, Blue_Fox_ and The Skipper like this

I just hope he does well. The fact that emenalo is still around makes me fear for Conte´s job. Regardless of what might happen, welcome to the greatest clun in london! Here´s for the titles that many of us hope you´ll bring along! Let the party start:drunk:

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Wenger is the last of a dying breed of manager's having full control romance, it just simply doesn't happen anywhere anymore.

Maybe I'm wrong and he'll be given more control than I'm imagining. I'm not against higher ups with knowledge of the game (not just interest in big star shirt sales and interest) making decisions, but if Conte has players he wants, they should be a priority. A competent board with a good vision is ideal, but I'll take any step up from what we've got going on now. The board need to look internally instead of externally when considering the future. Conte will come in and create a philosophy on the pitch, but that has to be supported by the decisions made by the board in order for it to be successful.

Tomo and Thendo like this

As already said, nobody should be poking around his desk, let him conduct things, let him make decisions who comes and who go's and most of all back with money for whatever is needed.

This season has been the biggest slap in the fucking face ever, DO NOT let it happen again.

8 hours ago, kmk108 said:

If calling him "head coach" isn't just a matter of semantics, I can see this blowing up very quickly. He seems like the kind of guy that wants to make the big decisions, and if he's got the board poking around his office the entire time, I can see this getting ugly fast.

This club needs to realize that what's happened this season isn't down to the manager alone. It's on everyone at the club.

Mourinho was a "manager" yet you feels he hadn't got much control over tranfers. Pochettino is a "head coach" yet you feel the squad is shaped under his direction.

Board tries to sign the players from managers order but they have to be financially viable, something that Mourinho mentioned. They work in a group, he is the football man, then there's a team responsible for negotiations and the team responsible for financial impact. Not longer than 2 years ago Mourinho praised fantastic work done by the small teams in the club responsible for their duties and said that the transfer window could be closed on 19th of July. Then there was last summer window when Chelsea failed with matching enourmous demands from the clubs for their players, more than anything. There was a dilemma between going for big but unprobable or settling for lesser targets.

All in all, both Mourinho and Pochettino work in similar conditions.

So head coach Antonio Conte has to deal with other teams withing the club responsible e.g. financial aspect of the transfers. But no doubt club will try to go for his targets and the players we're linked with at the moment are great, you can't do bad if you pull something off this.

Fernando and EMK like this

9 hours ago, kmk108 said:

Fair point but I don't think Conte is the kind of a man who says yes to things if he doesn't have a strong say in matters like transfer targets etc.