The Conte Thread

I'm hoping he instills a proper philosophy for us. It would be great if our players trained their attacking movements so that on the pitch, they look like they know what they're doing instead of looking lost like we did a lot in the last two seasons (passing around then giving ivanovic for a poor cross comes to mind, or passing to hazard and hope he dribbles everyone) :doh:

4 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

I'm hoping he instills a proper philosophy for us. It would be great if our players trained their attacking movements so that on the pitch, they look like they know what they're doing instead of looking lost like we did a lot in the last two seasons (passing around then giving ivanovic for a poor cross comes to mind, or passing to hazard and hope he dribbles everyone) :doh:

Amen. We'll finslly look like a team that practices shit at the Cobham training ground, instead of doing fuck all. And given the week long training sessions, I think they'll only adjust that much quicker to Conte's ideas. 

Conte has always said (paraphasing here) that as a player, he used to always hold on to the ball too long, and make mistakes, and then the fans would start to whistle at him whenever he recieved the ball. So as a manager, Conte trains passing patterns and always sets his team up to give players on the ball multiple passing options. 

Its everything we've needed and more. Finally. 

I would like to reiterate, that tactical wise I have more faith in Conte than Mourinho. So if we do well in this transfer window and get what Conte needs, I don't share the same pessimism like some members here to think ManU will walk the league. We will be a strong contender for the title, I truly believe.

Yesterday i was thinking how pur team would line up with Fabregas in the middle and 2 strikers without playing 3 back defence.

Tibo

Azpi-Koulibaly-Zouma-Baba?

Matuidi-Fabregas-Kante

Hazard

Costa-Batshuayi

4-3-1-2 with 2 new Cm and Cb. Not sure about Baba, maybe Conte will like his crossing and would like to turn him into great fullback. If we could get Kante, Koulibaly and snap Matuidi, because he wants to go to BPL than we could have really solid team

5 hours ago, KevinAshburner said:

Forgot about the 102 points, thats some impressive stat.

Pep Guardiola says only Manchester City made him an offer

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10495924/pep-guardiola-says-only-manchester-city-made-him-an-offer

I think this was the case because we had Mourinho at the moment. When everything was lost Conte became the only option.

Let's hope the only option proves to be better then the rest.

Conte has won his first major battle as Chelsea manager by forcing the removal of Christophe Lollichon as #CFC goalkeeping coach. (Times)

Lollichon will be replaced by Conte’s goalkeeper coach from the Italian national team, Gianluca Spinelli (Times) #CFC

:middlefinger: