The Conte Thread

56 minutes ago, CM8 said:

This man he's simply the number one. What a emotions.

For five years he excited me, between Juve and Italy he makes me incredible emotions, the love that there was in Italy for the National in this European has no previous.

Now you Blues can also understand what Antionio Conte as a commander means.

Thank you Mister, you are really the best, good luck for the new adventure.

Come on Chelsea, only with you, sempre Con-Te.

We haven't won, but the level of attachment I've felt for these guys and coach is similar to the one I've felt in 2006. I can't help but think we would've won this tourney with the whole team fit, with that guy in your picture and Verratti.
Then again, first time we are first in the group after the first two matches (a group considered one of the toughest ones) since Euro 2000, and who we meet? Spain and Germany in one week! Talk about a "No" year.

3 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

We haven't won, but the level of attachment I've felt for these guys and coach is similar to the one I've felt in 2006. I can't help but think we would've won this tourney with the whole team fit, with that guy in your picture and Verratti.
Then again, first time we are first in the group after the first two matches (a group considered one of the toughest ones) since Euro 2000, and who we meet? Spain and Germany in one week! Talk about a "No" year.

Yep, we had a lot of unlucky.

For first, the absences of Marchisio and Verratti.

Then, the worse calendar with the round closed in first position with Spain and German, while Belgium has Hungery and Wales.

Then the other injuries of De Rossi, Candreva and the yellow card for Motta, the only replace for De Rossi position.

And in conclusion 18 free kicks, after have played at the same level than the world champions and the best team.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

It depends really.

If we are at absolute worst between 6th and 8th, with some positive signs on display and enough encouragement that when he gets rid of the players "not in his direction" things will really pick up (a bit like Poch in his first season at Spurs) then I reckon he will get the time.

If we are one point off relegation in December, with only two players in the whole squad on any sort of form, and the way we are playing making Roy Hogsdons spell at Liverpool look like Barca under Pep, then yes he will be sacked and rightly so.

You've seen how he likes to work, I've watched this guy working for a little longer even if I'm not a Juventus fan. Should his methods not work at the Bridge, I would seriously question, even more than I'm already inclined to do, our own players professionalism and motivations to join this club.
There is literally 0 excuses left for these players, either start the season at 100% or go leech money and go slack somewhere else.

3 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Will be interesting to see how the club acts if the latter will happen. Hope they don't make the same mistake twice.

Nahhh.They can like it,..lump it or fuck off if start doing the whole dont like not gana play bollocks

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

You've seen how he likes to work, I've watched this guy working for a little longer even if I'm not a Juventus fan. Should his methods not work at the Bridge, I would seriously question, even more than I'm already inclined to do, our own players professionalism and motivations to join this club.
There is literally 0 excuses left for these players, either start the season at 100% or go leech money and go slack somewhere else.

These same players you are doubting stretched every sinew in their body to bring the title home just 13 and a half months ago.

If Jose's methods were the issuethen we wouldn't have won the title, or even gone close the year before for that matter, something happened in that summer to break the team spirit and relationship between Jose and the player's, exactly what were never know, but still something.

29 minutes ago, Tomo said:

These same players you are doubting stretched every sinew in their body to bring the title home just 13 and a half months ago.

If Jose's methods were the issuethen we wouldn't have won the title, or even gone close the year before for that matter, something happened in that summer to break the team spirit and relationship between Jose and the player's, exactly what were never know, but still something.

We don't even know IF something ever happened in the first place, but we'll never know.
It is very possible José's methods were the issue on the long run, all that work and running and defending....ruins your prettily painted nails, under Conte will be the same.
We've watched the same matches during the past season, you and I, and you can count with a single hand who played consistently at his best and at least tried to put in a shift.
I can appreciate how you defend all the players, I would do the same if they would have showed at least a hint of passion towards the shirt, not even their manager, alas that's not what I've seen, and at the end of the day, we're talking about Chelsea, the club we all support and the club which (together with the fans), ultimately, these players have let down.
Except a few, I am very sceptic about this group of randomly collected players. Hope to be proven wrong during the course of the next three seasons, but I wouldn't be surprised if everything goes to shit again due to mercenaries.

I'm ecstatic about Conte. So ecstatic that I had to join this forum to supplement my excitement! :D

I think that Conte will excel early as our boss. The schedule without any European games will allow for tired legs to recover and our staff to make to better match preparations, etc. On the flip side, there are perhaps connotations to a light schedule including less game time for our youngsters and rotation players. That could lead to unhappiness as we've seen in the past.

Happy to be here!

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

It is very possible José's methods were the issue on the long run, all that work and running and defending....ruins your prettily painted nails, under Conte will be the same.

I'm not so sure TBH. Problem with Mourinho is that he always provoke others to get a reaction out of them (it's like the only way he knows) and that can cause controversy. With Conte, he inspires a reaction out of others - just like we've seen with Italy and Juventus. There's a difference between provoking and inspiring. Yes, they are both no doubt intense and relentless in their pursuit to win things but one person here rubs people up the wrong way, the other doesn't.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I'm not so sure TBH. Problem with Mourinho is that he always provoke others to get a reaction out of them (it's like the only way he knows) and that can cause controversy. With Conte, he inspires a reaction out of others - just like we've seen with Italy and Juventus. There's a difference between provoking and inspiring. Yes, they are both no doubt intense and relentless in their pursuit to win things but one person here rubs people up the wrong way, the other doesn't.

If you're talking about the players, how do we know José rubs them the wrong way? Did he rub them the wrong way in the winning title campaign? I don't know.
Actually before his spell at Madrid he was known to build relationships with the players, there are innumerable occasions of players saying so, inspiring them and so on and so on; colleagues saying the same, Klopp for one, two instances with players who have visibly downed tools against him doesn't cancel that for me. 
Hell, Essien calls him daddy; you don't call daddy someone who rubs you the wrong way, unless you're the main character in a japanese hentai.
It is possible he rubbed this particular group of players the wrong way, but if that was the case; boo-hoo you make more in a week than the average person does in a year, you have fun while working, at least put some passion in it; You're disrespecting your employer (the club) and most of all Yourself, don't you have a ounce of pride? Letting yourself fall so down because one particular person rubs you the wrong way? If so, you're a gutless individual, show some grit.
Doesn't make for players you find yourself rooting for, they seem to not really be bothered by the cause, why should I defend them, nor they did enough or showed enough yet to say, "well it was a one off, this won't happen anymore."
Just to be clear, I'm not talking about all of them. And hopefully they got yelled at by someone and maybe they realized they're not as good as they think, hence they'll work harder.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Obviously it doesn't mean I will never root for them again, put a good season, two, three, I'll be here defending fiercely, more than you do. But for now I'm wary, as I said, they didn't do enough yet for me to say "It's a one off, it won't happen anymore." And with "good season" I don't mean Win PL, CL and all that. Hell for me they can be 8th, matters little as long as I know they gave their all.

Yes, his body language wasn't that good, but maybe because he wasn't satisfied with the team? It's not like he's an emotionless thug. (I don't know how much credibility I can give to that article.)

Tomo, trust me when I tell you this; José didn't say anything much when during the summer no targets were acquired. Conte will dismantle the club if that will somehow happen and he recognizes it could've been done, he doesn't spare anything.
Siege mentality? You ain't seen nothing yet. All, and I say all the players during the Euro, after a win: "Our group is strong; We've a fantastic group; They underestimated us, now we've brought respect back for our team; (To Italian journalists) That mistake against Ibra, it's only because he was offside, otherwise you wouldn't praise me now." It was a gospel.
Antonio at the press conference, every single conference, he picked apart the journos, how they never backed him and the team, how everyone believes we're a shit team and so on and so on.
And the federation as well for not giving him more time to train wit the full team. Of course sometimes it was toned down, others, a little less, but it was there.

You know why it worked at Juventus and Italy? Because the players believed in him, and most of all, they have balls.

9 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

If you're talking about the players, how do we know José rubs them the wrong way? Did he rub them the wrong way in the winning title campaign? I don't know.
Actually before his spell at Madrid he was known to build relationships with the players, there are innumerable occasions of players saying so, inspiring them and so on and so on; colleagues saying the same, Klopp for one, two instances with players who have visibly downed tools against him doesn't cancel that for me. 

Think Tomo pretty much nailed what I want to reply here but heck, I'll just say it anyway.

That's the thing with Mourinho. Before Real Madrid, he was on top of the world in everything - or almost - he does but since then, he's been slowly slipping down the hill in management. And how many players in recent years have come out to speak fondly about their relationship with Mourinho? He's probably caused more controversies in the last 5-6 years than the 5-6 years prior to that. The point with Mourinho rubbing people the wrong way is that he always needs to provoke people to get a reaction out of people and it's as though he doesn't know any other way. That approach will work for 1-2 seasons and as we have seen, it will then wear off and people - players, fans, the club - around will start to get tired of all his antics, controversies, comments etc.