test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,557 posts in this topic

Thank you for all, mister. It will always have sour taste in mouth thinking what HE could've done with Jorginhos of this world, and not Drinkwaters.

1 minute ago, whats happening said:

you look at this squad and realize how good of a job he did in his first year. feels like we dont appreciate enough what he did there...

Everyone thought that we will finish 10th again, but he did a fantastic job with that weak squad, lit up the prem with 3 at the back formation and turned Luiz into monster. I'm thankful for what he has done with chelsea, will always remember his passion.

Johnnyeye, 11Drogba and FabHazard like this

In all actual honesty I dont think Sarri is in any way a better coach than Conte. He will bring a different way of playing maybe but the first season under Conte we actually played some class football, for instance the United game and Everton games will always stick in my mind. Also beating City at the Etihad was brilliant.

I think its fair to say the last season was shite but if he stayed this season, with guys like Jorginho, Rugani, Higuain etc coming in if the rumours are true he could have had a right good go again but its not to be. The first manager to give guys like Christensen and even Chalobah in the first season, a lot more chances too.. I bet nobody expected that when he came in, although Chalobah leaving and being replaced by Drinkwater really was stupid.

Regardless I think with Moses and Alonso as wing backs and David Luiz and Gary Cahill as CBs, he did a good job to get that PL title in the first season considering everyone thought City would walk it. Also you can talk up Hazard, Costa, Kante, Matic etc but lets not forget how bang average and out of shape the team was the previous season, the system was awful, nothing worked, he found quick solutions and they paid off well.   

Johnnyeye likes this

Conte is leaving Chelsea in the same situation the was when he arrived: no UCL football, and with an uncertain future. 

He was superb in his first season. Many teams started to emulate is tactics (even Wenger and Guardiola), and even in World Cup we a lot a lot of teams playing with 3 at the back.

But he was terrible in his second season, and I just can't accept people saying he wasnt backed, because this squad is at least good enought for a top 4 finish, instead the team ended with 7 points behind Tottenham, and to honest you must be really crazy to say that Spurs squad is better than Chelsea.

This was probably the worst moment to be without UCL football. This is a post WC window, and the team is completely toothless in terms of keeping the best players and atracting new ones. 

Superblue_1986 and Tomo like this

Its a real shame that his stay ended like this. He was treated like a cunt and deserved better.

i hope he gets a great club that appreciates him

Sideshow Luiz likes this

I really wanted to get top midfielder, I really have a thing for complete midfielders. And we are just getting one, and my Croatia got into finals... but now my heart still aches because of this. Never got so attached to manager as I was to him. Like an ended love story, for me.

Wish we could've worked ti out, but at the end I guess it's better this way. You shouldn't change because you are great the way you are, and we won't change anytime soon too, unfortunately. Though we maybe should.

Wish you all well, and continue to kick asses anywhere you go!

Unionjack likes this

Shame it had to end this way. I'll always remember him and the passion he put into his work as manager. If only we had a summer last year with targets like the ones we have this year.

Glad this is finally resolved, but sad it had to end this way. When I just saw the tweets about him leaving I didn't smile or do a fistpump, I simply shook my head and thought "what could've been."

My lasting memory and favorite moment (besides winning the title, obviously) will be him humiliating Mourinho by celebrating madly in front of him and also later saying he had senile dementia. Just 😂😂😂

We will be seeing Conte again at a top European club soon. Good luck!

manpe, kc_blue, Unionjack and 1 other like this

It had to be done after all his antics last season. We can finally move on.

Conte still deserves credit for a great debut season & two FA Cup finals, winning one.

After the title winning season I wanted him to stay for many many years, I wanted the board to be patient with him and never sack him. Well, some things certainly changed during last season. As Tomo said, the feeling now is being relieved. I am still very thankful for what he did in 2016/17, that is for sure.

We could have sacked him way sooner and he would already have a new job by now so hopefully he won't hate us. Wonder where will go next, and when.

Sideshow Luiz likes this

1 minute ago, Ryan Fong said:

Oh Fabregas you naughty boy ...
cf981f497673f9ce03566116d80acdf5.png

What a cunt. Just like Willian when he edited Conte out of that picture. Childish brats, can't wait to see them leaving this club. I am sick and tired of their attitude.

Grazie, Mister!