test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,565 posts in this topic

You have to wonder what he was thinking with the starting line up for the past two games...

On a winning streak, chance to get back into the top 4...and suddenly he alters the lineup, and makes Christensen and Bakoyoko regulars again. 

Johnnyeye likes this

You have to wonder what he was thinking with the starting line up for the past two games...
On a winning streak, chance to get back into the top 4...and suddenly he alters the lineup, and makes Christensen and Bakoyoko regulars again. 
Sabotaging
Johnnyeye and the wes like this

Conte is dabbing on his haters.

It's everyday bro says Conte and waiting for his sacked paycheck.

He dabs on them haters.

Laughing his ass off, and being hated just as much like Jake Paul that for fuckwit.

13 hours ago, Pizy said:

Much as I think he has to go after the cup final, I just don't see what Sarri or anyone else is going to do with many or our players who seem unmovable in the summer. Bakayoko ain't suddenly going to develop a silky touch and be able to pass like Busquets. He's not going to develop football intelligence in a single summer. And I can't even fathom the club selling him 1 year after buying him for £40m. Drinkwater cost 35 fucking million and unless the club take a massive bath I can't see him being sold right away. 

I have this bad feeling that we'll do just a couple of deals and the club will hope our next manager can suddenly turn our current average lot into title challengers. Like, I'll be very pleasantly surprised if there is more than 1 new player in our best XI on opening day.

Personally I can't see a 60 years old Italian manager that apparently speaks no word in English switching leagues now. But at the same time I think I have read an interview with Sarri some months ago saying he does not care a bit about transfers and will work with whoever the board brings at the club and he is there to improve players and try to win trophies with whoever he got at his disposal. Judging by this, I think this is music to the ears of our board and the perfect candidate for the allegedly vacant Chelsea manager job this summer. Like it or not, unfortunately this is going to be Chelsea's policy from now on and there is only a handful of quality managers ready to accept this. Fortunately Sarri is amongst those and a top one with a clear vision on attacking football and developing players. 

laura90 likes this

38 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Personally I can't see a 60 years old Italian manager that apparently speaks no word in English switching leagues now. But at the same time I think I have read an interview with Sarri some months ago saying he does not care a bit about transfers and will work with whoever the board brings at the club and he is there to improve players and try to win trophies with whoever he got at his disposal. Judging by this, I think this is music to the ears of our board and the perfect candidate for the allegedly vacant Chelsea manager job this summer. Like it or not, unfortunately this is going to be Chelsea's policy from now on and there is only a handful of quality managers ready to accept this. Fortunately Sarri is amongst those and a top one with a clear vision on attacking football and developing players. 

Sarri does speak English from his day's as an accountant. 

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Sarri does speak English from his day's as an accountant. 

And hes had his staff taking lessons for the past 6 weeks I read.

IF we are going to have a change then this chap seems just as good as any.

From all I've read it will be a very different system to what we have now so I hope thee team adapts quickly to it.

He operates a very different training schedule with only a short time on the pitch. Most of it is done by video which is taken by a remote drone.

Lets see if they complain about his training regime too.

Well if it doesnt work with another manager, we should just dump the squad and start fresh. 

If our players arent commited and willing to fight for the club, we wont win shit for a long time.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/12/antonio-conte-emelano-chelsea-tough-season

“To lose Michael, it was a big loss for us, yes,” said the Italian, whose team travel to Newcastle on Sunday with only slim hopes of securing a top‑four finish. “I think so, I think so. Also because Michael did a great job for this club for many years. Last season he helped me a lot during the season. This season, until he left, he helped me a lot. I remember very well he left just after the Manchester United game … For me, for sure, it was a big loss in November.”

This is brilliant, there's quite a lot of fans around who trust every word Conte says but also thought Emenalo was the anti christ, they will probably self combust reading this :D

Blue Armour likes this

Not sure. I thought Conte and Emenalo were butting heads over transfers and taking the club in whatever direction. Emenalo did sign some absolute shite players this summer though, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Zappacosta.. a lack of quality didnt help. 

Wouldn't it be a fuckin scream if the Don goes to that north London club and they become invincible again!

Oh how we would laugh!

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Wouldn't it be a fuckin scream if the Don goes to that north London club and they become invincible again!

Oh how we would laugh!

If he can't cope with our transfer policy, he will start WW3 there.

oldportblue likes this

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If he can't cope with our transfer policy, he will start WW3 there.

Well its a fact they have a much more patiant board and alot of their ( squze me while I puke) supporters.

Lets face it, no matter which manager we get after 1 season the team will play shit again. The board and mentality of the players wont change with a new manager. 

Supermonkey92 likes this

Just now, Polo7 said:

Lets face it, no matter which manager we get after 1 season the team will play shit again. The board and mentality of the players wont change with a new manager. 

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result and all

This is why think give short term contracts... They'll never see out longer then 2 years

Unionjack and Fernando like this

If Conte stays, than our stupid board MIGHT be showing awareness that we need some new good players and different approach with transfers. If we get new manager they will think he will solve all our problems, that's for sure. They done it past, why not again?

No one can work miracles with this players, no one. There may be season where we get into some crazy form, like 2016-17, and do some damage, but others are now just too strong for it to be enough.

Conte staying would make a clear message - we (the board) were wrong and a lot of our players are not good enough for Chelsea.

30 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

I sort of agree with this but I also feel that we can get rid of some deadwood and replace it with some quality targets that have character and maybe leadership qualities. This could go a long way in terms of rectifying the attitude problem that we seem to have..

Getting a manager that won't whine *every* press conference about the team not being good enough to compete will also help. The players heard it so often that I truly believe it had an averse effect on them and the chase for top 4 (we were clearly good enough to get top 4 and a more positive manager, in terms of tactics and overall demeanor, probably would've gotten it fairly easily this season).

Now that I think of it, we've had a lot of emo management these past few years (jose second season and conte's second season). I'm not saying the players didn't have their share of the blame throughout those debacles, of course they did, but that still probably wasn't the best for the club's overall morale... some will say the players' shite performances made these managers emo but they both sulked a lot regardless of the reason.

Getting a manager who fits with the board's plan of using the academy, playing attacking football (as has been rumored, don't know if its true) will go a long way in terms of making sure he won't just sulk for months on end. I'd be OK with Sarri and Jardim and there are rumors circulating our board met with Pochettino recently as well (doubt it would happen but stealing spurs' all time best manager, or one of, in a season were they finished above us would be epic lol)

37 minutes ago, El P. said:

If Conte stays, than our stupid board MIGHT be showing awareness that we need some new good players and different approach with transfers. If we get new manager they will think he will solve all our problems, that's for sure. They done it past, why not again?

No one can work miracles with this players, no one. There may be season where we get into some crazy form, like 2016-17, and do some damage, but others are now just too strong for it to be enough.

Conte staying would make a clear message - we (the board) were wrong and a lot of our players are not good enough for Chelsea.

Conte's burned his bridges, even if he stays and has the perfect window, he will be one so so one away from kicking off again. If he was getting the best out of what he had i'd show him some leeway, but he hasn't.

oldportblue and Belgiannutt like this

1 hour ago, El P. said:

You're right about the need to replace the bad players with good ones and have a different approach with transfers but at the same time, I do not want us to keep the manager for the sake of keeping it. As Tomo alluded to above, had Conte been trying to get his best out of the squad but still came up short, then yes, I wouldn't mind us keeping him at all. But he has been sabotaging the team's attempt at success this season, especially in 2018. We all can agree that this squad isn't good enough to challenge at the highest level at the moment but it's still good enough to finish in the top 4. But Conte went AWOL and decided it's better to prove a point to the board by making hopeless team selections, tactical decisions etc.

You're right about the need to replace the bad players with good ones and have a different approach with transfers but at the same time, I do not want us to keep the manager for the sake of keeping it. As Tomo alluded to above, had Conte been trying to get his best out of the squad but still came up short, then yes, I wouldn't mind us keeping him at all. But he has been sabotaging the team's attempt at success this season, especially in 2018. We all can agree that this squad isn't good enough to challenge at the highest level at the moment but it's still good enough to finish in the top 4. But Conte went AWOL and decided it's better to prove a point to the board by making hopeless team selections, tactical decisions etc.
Sabotaging? On purpose? I guess you have some insider info that I'm not aware of... :D

Poslano sa mog SM-A310F koristeći Tapatalk