The Conte Thread

I want to see (considering it looks like we're going to buy no new defenders, and only it seems, a striker.)

Courtois

Zouma  Terry  Azpi

Willian  RLC  Cesc  Matic  Kenedy

Costa   Batayushi

12 minutes ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

I want to see (considering it looks like we're going to buy no new defenders, and only it seems, a striker.)

Courtois

Zouma  Terry  Azpi

Willian  RLC  Cesc  Matic  Kenedy

Costa   Batayushi

i was about to suggest azpi in the back 3, think it would work much better than him as a wingback,

9 minutes ago, lucio said:

i was about to suggest azpi in the back 3, think it would work much better than him as a wingback,

Yeah. He doesn't have the attacking prowess needed on either foot to be a wing back. But he could do what he does as an LB now, at LCB.

I don't know guys, all these 3-5-2 formations i'm seeing from you don't seem too tactically sound. Cesc as a DM with JT behind him? Matic as the b2b? Where does Hazard fit if not as a second striker? Cesc as the b2b? Already 4-4-2 will be stretching it with Fabregas, 3-5-2 is just not his system.
Azpi would definitely work in a back 3 though.

3 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

I don't know guys, all these 3-5-2 formations i'm seeing from you don't seem too tactically sound. Cesc as a DM with JT behind him? Matic as the b2b? Where does Hazard fit if not as a second striker? Cesc as the b2b? Already 4-4-2 will be stretching it with Fabregas, 3-5-2 is just not his system.

it's reliant on a midfield and cb signing really

16 minutes ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

Yeah. He doesn't have the attacking prowess needed on either foot to be a wing back. But he could do what he does as an LB now, at LCB.

only issue is, where does hazard play?, but it looks great for when he is unavaliable or rested

1 minute ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Fabregas is not the DM. That's just a symptom of the way the formation is shown. He will sit deep. He has 3 CB's and one defnsive minded mid behind him.

I want Hazard as the second striker. We'll see who we actually buy.

1 minute ago, lucio said:

it's reliant on a midfield and cb signing really

only issue is, where does hazard play?, but it looks great for when he is unavaliable or rested

I guess he takes priority over the new guy.

What profile of player is he? A natural second striker? I only put him there because it looks like we're going to buy him.

2 minutes ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

I guess he takes priority over the new guy.

What profile of player is he? A natural second striker? I only put him there because it looks like we're going to buy him.

maybe hazard at tip of midfield 3 - assuming the 2 behind him are solid

kante - matic

hazard

6 minutes ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

Fabregas is not the DM. That's just a symptom of the way the formation is shown. He will sit deep. He has 3 CB's and one defnsive minded mid behind him.

I want Hazard as the second striker. We'll see who we actually buy.

So you mean Matic behind him? But at the same time, if Cesc will stay deep, Matic will also have to run through the channels whenever the two strikers manage to create space for him, similarly to when Giaccherini scored against Belgium. Either Matic or Cesc, and I can't see any of them doing that. I don't think we have the midfield players to play the formation.
I wouldn't mind Hazard as second striker if he works on his shooting.

“The boys are extraordinary, it will take a titanic effort against Germany”:Conte

He asked his players for an extraordinary performance and they delivered. Italy have just eliminated the European champions and Antonio Conte was embraced by his players who have bought into his philosophy for some time now as the group has become united on and off the pitch. Italy won and were convincing, proving predictions of a defensive game wrong against an opponent boasting great attacking talent such as Iniesta, Silva, Fabregas and Morata. “I knew that it would end like that, these boys are extraordinary, they have something special inside them,” said the coach after the game. “We showed that Italian football is not just Catenaccio and that an idea can beat talent.”The Azzurri showed that they knew exactly what to do in the opposition half with multiple chances before Pellè wrapped it up in stoppage time. “The best compliment was when Xavi said that Italy remind him 50 per cent of Atletico Madrid and 50 per cent of Barcelona,” added Conte. “We’ll enjoy this win now and we’ll recover ahead of the Germany game because it will take a titanic effort against them. The coach has to be the first to believe you can do something because that transmits to the players. I did believe. I am happy above all for them and for Italian football. I hope that the players are proud of us now.”Against Germany, Conte will be without Thiago Motta who is suspended after picking up a yellow card and he will hope Daniele De Rossi is back fit after coming off with a knock. “We’ll see if he can recover, but whatever happens we’ll find a solution like we did today with Candreva missing.”

VivoAzzurro

Capture.PNG

3 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

So you mean Matic behind him? But at the same time, if Cesc will stay deep, Matic will also have to run through the channels whenever the two strikers manage to create space for him, similarly to when Giaccherini scored against Belgium. Either Matic or Cesc, and I can't see any of them doing that. I don't think we have the midfield players to play the formation.
I wouldn't mind Hazard as second striker if he works on his shooting.

Well to be honest, before the club basically blew my ideas out of the water, I would have put Baker/Ake, more energetic midfielders in place of Matic. You don't need to play football with a holding midfielder in traditional style.

Nainggolan would work.

Think of RLC being Alli, Cesc being a much better version of Rooney, and Nainggolan being Dier but more B2B, if that helps.

However to get Hazard in the team I think we will have to use a more traditional system. 4-3-3 is probably most likely.

Something like

Cesc-Matic-RLC/Nainggolan or whomever

Willian/Pedro-Costa-Hazard

for example